GDT Oilers @ FLAMES Mon 7 Mar 2022

rocketdoctor

6 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

When your top scorers are not on a shutdown line, you can shelter one of the lines.  Yeah, I thought that the Backlund line contained the top lines from the Oilers, depending on how they rolled them out.  Defense basically neutered the big guns.  I felt like this was one of the best lineups we have had so far, if not the best.  Every line had a role.  Every line had speed and were capable of scoring goals.  No line was a defensive black hole.

Sutter never looks happy.  Didn't feel either side played well, blamed the schedule on the teams looking tired.  

Sutter is always trying to keep his teams out of the spotlight by any means possible. It's kinda funny. I think of him as a hockey fan just like us. His feet are smiling, but he never does.lol

5 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

Great result but a few things

I want to Nurse steamrolled through the boards

I want to see Kane (biggest Double Spend in the league) steamrolled through the boards and rebound into Lucic follwing up

I want to see Draisatal steamrolled through the boards

I want to see Kassian steamrolled through the boards (even though he wasn't playing)

In fact I just detest this Oiler side - such a bunch of whiners and cheap shot artists.

(I'll give Doc Ryan a pass)

The refs were also just crap in this game.

Go Flames Go!

Probably slash you then look at the ref's reaction like, aren't you gonna call him on that!? My brother used to do stuff like that in beer league. When the refs look up ice he'd slash a guy and then when the ref looked back he'd look like the victim or get a shot back at him and then be the victim. He'd get a few scruffs, but he'd somehow drag some guy into the box with him. 

I hate the Oilers too!

23 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Sutter is always trying to keep his teams out of the spotlight by any means possible. It's kinda funny. I think of him as a hockey fan just like us. His feet are smiling, but he never does.lol

He also emphasized how the Oilers were a really tired group due to the schedule. 

12 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Ball trying to put the kiss of death on Toffee getting a natural...

He mentioned that the last player to do it for the Flames was Rene Bourque in 2009.

I thought this was really cool... my sister was living in Lac la Biche at the time, and that's where Rene Bourque's family lives. They are deeply entrenched in Oil Country. Anyway, she told me that on the morning following his hat trick, their lawn was littered with dozens of hats. I thought that was a great story, and a great showing from the community.

Love.