FLAMES @ Panthers Tues 4 Jan 2022

rocketdoctor

Some observations now that I have the stream stopped for a few minutes:

1) Trading chances with a team like FLA is not a great idea

2) Lucic needs to fight Gudas

3) Hanifin covering nobody on the Jumbo Joe goal

4) We score 2 of the 3 FLA goals on our own net

5) Gaudreau is dangerous out there tonight and could easily get a hatty

6) Ritchie is better than Dickson, but took a semi-bad penalty there to set up the goal.

7) Hanifin on the breakaway that caused the penalty early (1st one) was way too far in the O-zone...again.

8 - this could be a tense night

That's it for now.

Lol I’m with you TD. Trading chances with FLA makes it fun to watch tho! But I digress, coach Sutts is going to fix the game plan this intermission. 

Someone made the comment about Monahan earlier… man, he doesn’t look anything like his former self. I know he’s not playing with great wingers, but there is absolutely nothing going on with him at all. 😬 

Puck seems to be in our end more this period. Not sure if that has to do with Sutter tightening up the forwards, or if we’re having trouble containing Floridas speed. Our forecheck needs to be better this period - need more pressure after dump ins, and hits on the D. 

15 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Some observations now that I have the stream stopped for a few minutes:

1) Trading chances with a team like FLA is not a great idea

2) Lucic needs to fight Gudas

3) Hanifin covering nobody on the Jumbo Joe goal

4) We score 2 of the 3 FLA goals on our own net

5) Gaudreau is dangerous out there tonight and could easily get a hatty

6) Ritchie is better than Dickson, but took a semi-bad penalty there to set up the goal.

7) Hanifin on the breakaway that caused the penalty early (1st one) was way too far in the O-zone...again.

8 - this could be a tense night

That's it for now.

i saw Andersson just looking at Thornton too. That giveaway goal, Backlund didn’t even try to pin the guy on the board or challenge for the puck. 

i think just gotta clean up and right, no trading chances with this team.

6 minutes ago, medatswhoP said:

Can see why Florida is #1 in goals for, very efficient team, very quick, this is a good game for Calgary to realize how much better they need to be.

Faceoff this game also 63% vs. Calgary at 37%

The Panthers really waste no time and don't settle the puck down and get "setup".  Instead, they play "ready or not" and use the  stretch pass, tip ins, and forecheck.  Total North/South hockey with all their players going full speed all the time.  Always pushing the puck forward as quickly as they can.

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

The Panthers really waste no time and don't settle the puck down and get "setup".  Instead, they play "ready or not" and use the  stretch pass, tip ins, and forecheck.  Total North/South hockey with all their players going full speed all the time.  Always pushing the puck forward as quickly as they can.

They are very fun to watch. Not so much to play against.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

They are very fun to watch. Not so much to play against.

Ya so many teams these days hold the puck back between their two D, settle things down, make a line change, and only move forward as one unit once everyone is ready.  They play a possession type game.

The Panthers instead, push the puck forward immediately on possession and look for the stretch passes.  They aim to attack before the opponent has a chance to defend.

7 minutes ago, medatswhoP said:

Florida a solid team, no doubt best team we have played against I think this year.

Wow they are a quick team.

it really points out the difference and the need to constantly move your feet. I don’t think they were terrible but I just want to see them continually moving the feet to keep pushing the puck forward. It looks reactive instead of being assertive. Be in position to get the pass instead of only starting skating once that pass is made.