FLAMES @ Panthers Tues 4 Jan 2022

rocketdoctor

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

I sometimes have an issue getting the broadcasts to work, so I picked on and stuck with it.  It came will a full broadcast, not just during the play, which tends to be what you get with NHL Centre Ice broadcasts.  SNW isn't exactly known for hard hitting analysis.  I watch them more for the Marek or Friedman stuff.  When it's on.  Having to listen to Cassie is not my cup of tea.  More knowledge about hockey than me, but I find she misses stuff until she sees the replay.  Hads above Hrudey, but that isn't saying a lot.

Depends what is available next game.  I suspect it will be Ball/Cassie again, so if I can find an alternative one that is a full broadcast, I will go for that.  

I, for some reason, feel like she sounds very robotic, or she talks in such proper prose? I dunno what it is. I don't know what it is. Maybe it feels like she's too aware of herself? Not in the sense that she's into herself, more that she's trying too hard? 

My brother did productions for APTN news and some a few seasons of stories for CTV First Story. He was very a matter-of-fact and very robotic about what he was trying to say. He tried to have on-camera, on-radio persona and I feel that way with Cassie. I'd like her to just relax and go with the flow. It feels like I am on a first date with her. Sometimes it's that way with Rick Ball too. 

They don't feel like a Peter Mahar. I loved listening to him. I feel the same way as Loubardius and the radio crew too. THere's something about them... It's something about the Flow in the way they talk? 

24 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

No it was ME! I did it. I watched the game. Plus, when Coleman scored I said Bob Sucked and even though I still don't like him as a Goalie, I shouldn't have said that. He shut the door since. Although, I didn't feel like we had very many quality chances after that. But we didn't get another past him and if you don't outscore the other team. Chances are, it's a L.

I remember that. It WAS you.lol

One thing to always remember about the Flyers. When they trade a goalie, he'll win a Vezina.

Bobrovsky won a Vezina with a pretty avg Columbus team.

Next thing to remember is if a goalie wins a Vezina, he can ALWAYS go Vezina on you. Just because he's been off of Vezina-level for 1-2 yrs doesn't mean he can't be Vezina on a per game basis.

The difference between Bobo and Vasilevsky is only that you have to constantly challenge Bobo, classic Russian goalie. Whereas Vasilevsky just hates everyone regardless.lol

Vas just came out of Covid protocols a few days back. He was asked, "Did you spend lockdown watching hockey"?

"No. I don't have that ESPN subscription thing you need".

I love that guy....but we apparently needed Jankowski. Huge miss, in hindsight, but I was totally cool at the time to take Vas at 14, although his rank was 24ish. At that time we were losing Kipper. We traded down and took a 5 yr project C and a zero of a dman with the newly acquired 2nd.

Sins of our fathers.lol

49 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I love that guy....but we apparently needed Jankowski. Huge miss, in hindsight, but I was totally cool at the time to take Vas at 14, although his rank was 24ish. At that time we were losing Kipper. We traded down and took a 5 yr project C and a zero of a dman with the newly acquired 2nd.

Sins of our fathers.lol

At the time, I had no idea about what goalies were available.

C's and G's have totally different development tracks and times no doubt.

Instead of a 5 year goali wait, we had a 5 year C wait.

Neither matched the immediate needs, but a G would have been a smart add.

Thank god we got Seiloff out of the deal or we would have really struck out.

Wait a minute. 

20 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

At the time, I had no idea about what goalies were available.

C's and G's have totally different development tracks and times no doubt.

Instead of a 5 year goali wait, we had a 5 year C wait.

Neither matched the immediate needs, but a G would have been a smart add.

Thank god we got Seiloff out of the deal or we would have really struck out.

Wait a minute. 

The knock on Vasilevsky in his draft yr was: He's Russian". He was spectacular in his draft year. But he was Russian.

Imagine if he was taken top 5, the uproar from the "experts".

At the end of the day, nobody cares where you were drafted when you've made it.