It's Game Day Biotches

conundrumed

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

Unfortunately, I wish I'd only sharted.lol

Something something Morocco, something something Paris something something not realizing that alley was the back exit of the Paris train station something something glad I didn't understand French.

You know what they say, in Paris they pee in the streets.

Doing other things a little less acceptable of course.

As long as you didn't have the CDN flag on your jacket.

If you are going to do that, wear an Oilers jersey.

That seems appropriate.

And, bonus, you can always wipe yourself with the jersey.

8 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

You know what they say, in Paris they pee in the streets.

Doing other things a little less acceptable of course.

As long as you didn't have the CDN flag on your jacket.

If you are going to do that, wear an Oilers jersey.

That seems appropriate.

And, bonus, you can always wipe yourself with the jersey.

No flag ever. Lets the scourge know that you're a tourist. Easier to just tell people that you're Cdn. I totally got kidnapped in Amsterdam (in a good way) by telling a group of locals that I was the only Cdn in our group.

The main thing they taught me was bars close for 1 hour to clean up, at like 5am. Didn't see my friends for a couple of days. Great experience.

They love us in the Netherlands!!

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Frozen 4 semi's tonight. 5pm EST Michigan vs Denver 8:30 pm Minny State vs Minny.

Great hockey. Final on Saturday.

https://www.ncaa.com/news/icehockey-men/article/2022-04-07/2022-frozen-four-dates-schedule-mens-college-hockey-championship

Awesome Michigan-Denver game right now, 1-1 halfway through. Great hockey.

33 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

This is a funner start time for the eastern citizenry!

Let's do this thing. GFG.

And 90% of the pre-game talk will be about Matthews and his Hart season, trying to justify to the world why there is no other choice.  It doesn't matter.  Gaudreau shines on the biggest stage.  Force the MSM to actually see him play.  If the Leafs lose 6-5 to the Habs, it will still be "Did you see that?" expressed by the MSM.  

13 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

And 90% of the pre-game talk will be about Matthews and his Hart season, trying to justify to the world why there is no other choice.  It doesn't matter.  Gaudreau shines on the biggest stage.  Force the MSM to actually see him play.  If the Leafs lose 6-5 to the Habs, it will still be "Did you see that?" expressed by the MSM.  

Request: keep the Trumpisms (MSM) outta here:) Just say media. We're CDN.lol

GFG

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

GFG

For me, I think of two things when I see MSM.

My first job was at Moxies, and there was the Mushroom Steak Mushroom... "Adding on an MSM!"

And back in the touring days, we used to play lots of shows with this cool band from Ottawa called the Million Dollar Marxists - or M$M. Their EP was better than the album, and this was my favourite song: https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=erkPQNEHZSY&feature=share

Love.

This is a funner start time for the eastern citizenry!

Let's do this thing. GFG.

I may be in the minority for the locals, but I wish every weekend game was an afternoon or early evening start.  They talk about western alienation in the NHL and that's why.  Not as much of an issue with other leagues because they can put western teams on in a better time slot for the whole country on weekends.  Two of the most exciting players playing against each other tonight, lets put that when the east coast is getting ready for bed.

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

For me, I think of two things when I see MSM.

My first job was at Moxies, and there was the Mushroom Steak Mushroom... "Adding on an MSM!"

And back in the touring days, we used to play lots of shows with this cool band from Ottawa called the Million Dollar Marxists - or M$M. Their EP was better than the album, and this was my favourite song: https://music.youtube.com/watch?v=erkPQNEHZSY&feature=share

Love.

Damn. I love those guys. Great punk flare to driving rock. Shouldn't that be Mushroom Steak Melt? You've left me hungry and listening to M$M.

Great band name too.

Used to be a blues band in Toronto, KFC. Kentucky Fried Children.

In London one of the regulars on the scene was God and the Crazy Lesbians from Hell.

This thread should be "It's Game Day Biotechs and What's Your Favourite Band Names".

Breaks the monotony.lol

1 minute ago, sak22 said:

I may be in the minority for the locals, but I wish every weekend game was an afternoon or early evening start.  They talk about western alienation in the NHL and that's why.  Not as much of an issue with other leagues because they can put western teams on in a better time slot for the whole country on weekends.  Two of the most exciting players playing against each other tonight, lets put that when the east coast is getting ready for bed.

I love afternoon games. In the dome or Detroit exiting when it's still light out is my favourite thing.

I can definitely back you up that most folks here don't see west games due to being on too late.

• Like 1

GFG

I tuned out news most of the time Trump was in power.  Used to be a CNN watcher, but they are really bad.  The opposite of Fox who is really really bad.  It's unfortunate that media is agenda based.  

To your point, it's not media, it's Eastern dominated media.  Rogers is a joke.  The affiliates out west pump up the teams that own right to buildings.  Main SN broadcasts are just Ontario media, much like TSN.  ESPN is too funny, do they even watch hockey or just read blogs.  

I would prefer the 5pm starts too.  Not like they ever show a Toronto game on SN here an day but Saturday.  Broadcast rights and all,  We get a Boston game instead.  Oh joy.  Chowda time.  Wicked good.

Bact to IGDB.

Johnny can beat his season high tonight.  And force media to take notice.  Show them Canada's real team.  Lindy is closing on 40 goals.  Gaudreau and Tkachuk also closing.  If we could get Bread to rise to the occasion, then we could have 4 x 40 goal scorers on one team.  But really, I just want to see us rack up points and put the other teams in the rear view for good.  Go on a run.  

It's GDB's.  Time to get closer to clinching the playoffs and reaching a milestone for one player.

Kylington is raring to go, but needs to be cleared to play.

Jarnkrok is probably game time decision, as would Guddy be.

But, it seemed Guddy was practicing in his usual spot.

Nothing against Mackey, but we want to have the old Shilly back.

We can stand to have them sit out another game tonight, but would rather they get up to speed before Vegas.

Sounds like Matty Beniers might play tonight, but it's not a great game to start your NHL career.

We tend to leave players injured in our wake.

22 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

It's GDB's.  Time to get closer to clinching the playoffs and reaching a milestone for one player.

Kylington is raring to go, but needs to be cleared to play.

Jarnkrok is probably game time decision, as would Guddy be.

But, it seemed Guddy was practicing in his usual spot.

Nothing against Mackey, but we want to have the old Shilly back.

We can stand to have them sit out another game tonight, but would rather they get up to speed before Vegas.

Sounds like Matty Beniers might play tonight, but it's not a great game to start your NHL career.

We tend to leave players injured in our wake.

I don't mind seeing more Mackey and Stone to get them up to playoff speed.  Also, give Kylington, Zadorov, and Gudbranson some extra days to take care of bruises.  If we want a long playoff run then we need those three at 100%.

27 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I don't mind seeing more Mackey and Stone to get them up to playoff speed.  Also, give Kylington, Zadorov, and Gudbranson some extra days to take care of bruises.  If we want a long playoff run then we need those three at 100%.

I think the issue with Zaddy, Guddy and Jarny was conditioning after some illness run.  With the extras, I think you need to manage their games almost as much as the 3 or 4 regulars.  Get them up to speed, but Stone is a fill in and should only be when you need a new look or a guy on RD is out.  Playoffs that is.  He's good when he comes in last minute.  Mackey is not one of the 7 best players, so just get him up to speed and use to the games again.  Ritchie should only play against the teams that are big and tough (Dallas and perhaps Vegas).  Kylington was flying yesterday and (according to reports) looks 100%.  You can manage his games, but he is key to securing the Pacific.  Fine line there. 

Starting lines not set, but the indication is that only Kylington sits for Mackey.  The other three all in.  If that's the case, then we need a perfect performance from Mackey, as we next play a Patches/Martinez/Lehner/Stone-laden team on Thursday. 

Just don't play down to them.  The Yotes are a decent team decimated by the season.

Summon the Cowbell.

Get the X beside the team name.

Put a dagger in the hopes of teams with desires to unseat us.

Indidual records don't matter anymore.

The accolades will come with the wins.

You put yourself in a position to win the games and the top guys will get their points.

That's how we did it all season.

5 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Just don't play down to them.  The Yotes are a decent team decimated by the season.

Summon the Cowbell.

Get the X beside the team name.

Put a dagger in the hopes of teams with desires to unseat us.

Indidual records don't matter anymore.

The accolades will come with the wins.

You put yourself in a position to win the games and the top guys will get their points.

That's how we did it all season.

No Chychrun, Keller, Crouse, etc... Nick Ritchie on the 1st line.  This is an AHL lineup.  Stockton Heat should be able to take them.

It is indeed a game day you sorry-assed starlings chirping a team that has far exceeded expectations.

2 weeks to go and we have a few whacks left at the pinata. Then the Enchilada.

Be positive, quit whining. We were never anticipated to be here. Enjoy it. Or....complain. Your choice.

GFG.

• Like 1

We have a point at least against every NHL team this year.  Only team in the Pacific to actually have clinched the playoffs.  6th overall in points %.  5th overall in regulation wins.  2n lowest in goals agains (down by 1 to CAR).  Oh right, this isn't the positivity thread.  Clinch 1st in the division this week.  Come on we know you can do it.

9 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

We have a point at least against every NHL team this year.  Only team in the Pacific to actually have clinched the playoffs.  6th overall in points %.  5th overall in regulation wins.  2n lowest in goals agains (down by 1 to CAR).  Oh right, this isn't the positivity thread.  Clinch 1st in the division this week.  Come on we know you can do it.

Sneaky good with good depth gets 'er done.

All of this is the positivity thread.