The Sutter Impact

kehatch

17 hours ago, jjgallow said:

You are a lot of fun right now because you veer on both sides of the road.  Mad at the Flames, mad at the rebuilders.....

And...if Head scout, angry at scouts....

I like it.  A lot.  lol.     You have my vote for head scout

God yeah. I'm not on the fence, there is no fence.lol Let's talk about reffing!

Want a tear down and rebuild? Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

Want Eichel? Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't. 

Want a 1st Rd draft goalie? Maybe it works, maybe it doesn't.

We aren't working in absolutes here. 

It's easy to be a contrarian to any stance, because there is never a right way.

But for me, I like what we've done. My #1 complaint last year was a lousy bottom 6.

A lousy mix of low IQ, go-thru-the-motions players.

No identity. Which team do we get today?

They couldn't deal with any adversity, just stayed the course of doubting themselves, it seemed.

Adding Pitlick, Richardson, Lewis, Coleman, for me, are important adds.

4 guys that won't float around with their thumb up their Hash Rate wondering what to do.

I think that's important.

I literally gave up watching last year's pathetic mess of a roster.

I like this roster A LOT better.

It doesn't make me right, but I can get behind it. 

Question for everyone. What did you want our offseason changes to be?

• Like 3

18 hours ago, robrob74 said:

it could be good to have that need, but I also remember during that last negotiation, didn’t he start a bit slow that year? A bit of a distraction for him. Maybe I am thinking the Tkachuk contract signing, as he started slow then too, i think miffed Tkachuk got more…

years ago.. announcing players contract dollar figures was taboo.. how long before we know players no trade lists??

Really loving Sutter's pressers. He doesn't play word salad, got a question, he's got an answer. High praise for Mangiapane. 

Saying, "you all say I love big players"...too funny. 

He's got great backbone and his team will too.

Even brought us up! "I know what the fans in Calgary want". Nailed it. Hard work and effort.

This is going to be fun to watch. He is so no-nonsense. We have one of the best coaches in the league, bar none.

• Like 2

Zadorov starting to bring what we need on our backend, opposing fwds getting nervous.

Let’s face it, we had zero intimidation.

Sutter discussing a Kyl question on the PP. Indicated it’s Ras, “that’s what he has to do”. For Kyl, “he has to make plays if he wants to make this team”.

Reading between the lines, those 2 are our guys that need to replace Gio’s offence.

On Colemen, “he played 23 games in the playoffs”. Wants him rested.

Sutter, again, is crazy like a fox. I love how he’s crafting this team.

I have zero complaints about how he’s run camp and preseason.

He’s got his finger on the pulse. It’ll be a fun education to watch him ramp it up.

What a relief having a coach that’s a lot smarter than us.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
6 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

You enjoy bumping things that have zero current relevance. Why? Only you know.

Maybe there is relevance when discussing Lindholm. Could it be that it wasn't necessarily Sutter that rubbed Lindholm the wrong way? Or not the only thing? Could be how Backlund and Sutter interacted, or how Kadri, Huberdeau quit on the team due to the politics between them and Sutter, and so Lindholm is weighing whether it's just the Sutter situation that made coming the rink difficult, including not playing in a new rink? 

There's a lot to Sutter we don't know. And there are a lot of little truths and probably lies. Like maybe even Sutter quit on the team knowing that they weren't going to go anywhere. He did first off start by saying this team was better than the previous iteration, then follows that up with stubborn coaching decisions. 

It's all old news, but also, was it Sutter that was sending Lindholm away? 

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

Maybe there is relevance when discussing Lindholm. Could it be that it wasn't necessarily Sutter that rubbed Lindholm the wrong way? Or not the only thing? Could be how Backlund and Sutter interacted, or how Kadri, Huberdeau quit on the team due to the politics between them and Sutter, and so Lindholm is weighing whether it's just the Sutter situation that made coming the rink difficult, including not playing in a new rink? 

There's a lot to Sutter we don't know. And there are a lot of little truths and probably lies. Like maybe even Sutter quit on the team knowing that they weren't going to go anywhere. He did first off start by saying this team was better than the previous iteration, then follows that up with stubborn coaching decisions. 

It's all old news, but also, was it Sutter that was sending Lindholm away? 

It dates and relates to the start of the 21-22 season, not last year. It has zero relevance now.

• Like 1