UFA 2020, Who’d You Sign?

robrob74

I thought they played Rieder at the end not Rinaldo correct ? if thats the case perhaps BT can explain why he drops Rieder  who played 10 games 5points playoffs and renaldo 5 games 0 points plus last yr we gave up on smith and Niel brought in Talbot Lucic Edmonton this yr Markstrom Domingue and Tanev Vancouver wierd me thinks I guess we covet our Neighbors wives LOL . I guess im confused why we are keeping Rinaldo over Rieder who was a much better player last yr?

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, zima said:

I thought they played Rieder at the end not Rinaldo correct ? if thats the case perhaps BT can explain why he drops Rieder  who played 10 games 5points playoffs and renaldo 5 games 0 points plus last yr we gave up on smith and Niel brought in Talbot Lucic Edmonton this yr Markstrom Domingue and Tanev Vancouver wierd me thinks I guess we covet our Neighbors wives LOL . I guess im confused why we are keeping Rinaldo over Rieder who was a much better player last yr?

They did try and resign Reider but Buffalo offered him more opportunity to play up the lineup 

43 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I didn't like the re-signing of RInaldo.

Liked that they got a decent tender.

Not overly impresed with Tanev signing, but he is a gamer.

I think they have done some of the things they need to do.

We haven't improved the F at all.

Hall should be a priority and deal with the cap through trades.

We don't have a viable 3rd and 4th line.

Lucic-Benett-Dube was a beast during the playoffs, but won't sustain that for 82 games.

The 4th line features Ryan and nobody.

FA may not be the place to fix it, but it would be s atsrt.

Rinaldo should not be a regular game player.

I agree 

also boo! Fast to Car 6x3 aav of 2mil sounds like a solid 4th line contract 

4 hours ago, cross16 said:

they are not going to let him go for only a 2nd rounder. 

Unfortunately TBL would not be able to match a 4.1m QO for anyone right now. Mind you Cernak would have to agree to the 4.1m. Get  3 gms to offer 4.1 m for Cernak, Cirelli, Segachev. TBL would lose 2 of them or have to trade 2 away. It's dirty pool but TBL played dirty last expansion draft.

4 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

Unfortunately TBL would not be able to match a 4.1m QO for anyone right now. Mind you Cernak would have to agree to the 4.1m. Get  3 gms to offer 4.1 m for Cernak, Cirelli, Segachev. TBL would lose 2 of them or have to trade 2 away. It's dirty pool but TBL played dirty last expansion draft.

it’s also collusion which is not allowed and likely would mean the NHL is in court or the contracts get thrown out. 

they can match and they would and your right Cernak has to agree and at this point why would he? 

I really hope we do something to address the top 6, more specifically, the top line. They could not get it going at all 5 vs 5 in the playoffs and, this has been the same story for the last couple years. I love what we did with the Marky signing and I do not mind the Tanev signing )a bit too expensive and a year too long), but thats free agency. 

Hall has yet to sign, he is said to be "waiting for the right team". I would love Hall if we could get him for around the price of what JG and Gio are making- but Flames would have to make a trade as they do not have enough cap.

Anyone have any idea or suggestions? is Tofolli a possibility?

Ok, get ready to love or hate this idea.

I have been think hard about the offense and adding.

For the last couple years fans have had opinions about JH good and bad. Some want Hall, some say he is high risk because of injury which is true. Some say his point production is lacking compare to JH. Most expect his contract to be 8-8.5 a year and are scared of the expected term.

I get all the worry about trading JH without getting fair value, but there would be alot of takers out there none the less.

Prepare to hate me....lol

I propose a trade to Tampa. (que the sceptics)

We send:  JH

a 2nd round pick

+ a prospect

We get:    Stamkos

Stamkos has the same injury risk but brings the true number 1 center that would ne a huge game changer for us at the same price as Hall with 4 years, not the long term Hall brings. I know people will say Tampa would never but they do so well without him, they need to clear cap to sign multiple guys. Finally I think the return JH brings them in picks and prospects in addition to the pick and prospect we send them will really help them down the line to balance there cap and fill the cupboards for future sustainability.

We then can have a possible line up of:

Tkachuk - Stamkos - Lindholm

Mangiapane - Mony - Bennett

Ryan - Backlund - Dube

Lucic - Gawdin - Robinson

I expect Mang to take a step forward and playing his natural position wouldn't hurt at all.

Don't forget about Pelletier, he may make the team soon to. This year next year, he will be good.

The total increase in salary is all of 1.75 mil

We get two more years of a superstar who is a true number 1 center that can take control of games instead of losing JH in two years.

We could then part with Ryan or even Backlund to add a third pair RD. That trade would be a hole new topic....lol

But if one of them goes you can play either Gawdin, Ruzikca, or Pelletier on the third.

OK your can shoot now.....lol

58 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

I agree 

also boo! Fast to Car 6x3 aav of 2mil sounds like a solid 4th line contract 

if the lines remain.. gaudreau/monahan/ whoever... Tlachuk/backlund. lindholm. mangiapane/bennett/ dube,, And Lucic/ ryan/robinson,, we stll have room to trade JH doe a right winger and sign Hall

37 minutes ago, FlameFan4Life said:

Ok, get ready to love or hate this idea.

I have been think hard about the offense and adding.

For the last couple years fans have had opinions about JH good and bad. Some want Hall, some say he is high risk because of injury which is true. Some say his point production is lacking compare to JH. Most expect his contract to be 8-8.5 a year and are scared of the expected term.

I get all the worry about trading JH without getting fair value, but there would be alot of takers out there none the less.

Prepare to hate me....lol

I propose a trade to Tampa. (que the sceptics)

We send:  JH

a 2nd round pick

+ a prospect

We get:    Stamkos

Stamkos has the same injury risk but brings the true number 1 center that would ne a huge game changer for us at the same price as Hall with 4 years, not the long term Hall brings. I know people will say Tampa would never but they do so well without him, they need to clear cap to sign multiple guys. Finally I think the return JH brings them in picks and prospects in addition to the pick and prospect we send them will really help them down the line to balance there cap and fill the cupboards for future sustainability.

We then can have a possible line up of:

Tkachuk - Stamkos - Lindholm

Mangiapane - Mony - Bennett

Ryan - Backlund - Dube

Lucic - Gawdin - Robinson

I expect Mang to take a step forward and playing his natural position wouldn't hurt at all.

Don't forget about Pelletier, he may make the team soon to. This year next year, he will be good.

The total increase in salary is all of 1.75 mil

We get two more years of a superstar who is a true number 1 center that can take control of games instead of losing JH in two years.

We could then part with Ryan or even Backlund to add a third pair RD. That trade would be a hole new topic....lol

But if one of them goes you can play either Gawdin, Ruzikca, or Pelletier on the third.

OK your can shoot now.....lol

Not shooting the idea completely as the thought is there trying to improve but there are a couple of issues I have.

1: It came out publicly after the Flames got bumped from playoffs that Bennett is not comfortable on the wing, especially the right side. He plays a high pressure game that is best suited to C where he was drafted and is most comfortable.

2: Gaudreau is not the only “softer” player on the team and Stamkos isn’t really well know for his grit. Yes more skill than Monahan overall, but not a lot harder to play against.

3: Monahan needs a high end play maker as he is more of a sniper. This is why he and Gaudreau have had the success. Neither Mangiapane or Bennett are really playmakers. Big reason why Bennett never clicked with Gaudreau and Monahan on the top line.

4: This doesn’t solve RW or 3rd RD so I would say that at best this is a situation where the top line will likely find more success but the rest of the team will suffer from it.

I would rather see Gaudreau, Monahan and Ryan moved for cap space and more above average players rather than 1 all star. Just my opinion though.

4 hours ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

So far the depth chart looks like....

Gio      -        Andersson

Hanifin -        Tanev

Valimaki -         ?

Which leaves Kylington and Mackey out of the mix on the left and Petrovic and Yelesin fighting for the last RD spot. I dont think theres any more room to move up than last year unless one of the LHS goes to the right side.  

Kylington has the skating ability to play the right side.

8 minutes ago, bosn111 said:

Not shooting the idea completely as the thought is there trying to improve but there are a couple of issues I have.

1: It came out publicly after the Flames got bumped from playoffs that Bennett is not comfortable on the wing, especially the right side. He plays a high pressure game that is best suited to C where he was drafted and is most comfortable.

2: Gaudreau is not the only “softer” player on the team and Stamkos isn’t really well know for his grit. Yes more skill than Monahan overall, but not a lot harder to play against.

3: Monahan needs a high end play maker as he is more of a sniper. This is why he and Gaudreau have had the success. Neither Mangiapane or Bennett are really playmakers. Big reason why Bennett never clicked with Gaudreau and Monahan on the top line.

4: This doesn’t solve RW or 3rd RD so I would say that at best this is a situation where the top line will likely find more success but the rest of the team will suffer from it.

I would rather see Gaudreau, Monahan and Ryan moved for cap space and more above average players rather than 1 all star. Just my opinion though.

Good points, I add then if Bennett is to move over than we should be looking to move Ryan for a RD.

I think Tkachuk could easily play with Mony. JH is good but Mony was good before they ever met. I don't think people give Mony enough credit.

12 hours ago, MP5029 said:

I’d have rather kept Brodie for 5x5 honestly 

Tanev is not bad, just the 4x4.5 contract is, and it’s not even the 4 years but 3m max BT made a huge mistake on that, although it’s not gonna be an immovable contract and I do like Tanev at like a 3x3  Contract he would fit well with Valimaki too just a crap contract is all.

BT does this every yr does a UFA for way to much and suffers for it for yrs to come I wish he would just stay away from UFA he doesn't know what he is doing. As far as Brodie goes I don't think he wanted to stay here or he would have Tanev was a consolation prize. Markstrom will be a big mistake as well or Van would have resign him me thinks. We are now a team who just screwed our 1st round pick and possibly a few other rounds but it seems BT doesn't seem to feel draft picks are important every yr BT says the exact same thing we were happy that the player we wanted was still there at our pick what crap.

I know we seem to have some luck in later rounds but that is all it is pour luck im still peeved we passed on Lapierre this was a mistake.

4 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

Lapierre wasnt up to bt that is up to the scouts not the gm and if the gm is gonna do his own thing why have scouts then

Gezz I always thought scout make suggestions not make the picks my bad I always thought BT was the man who decides who will be picked now I feel dumber than usual which isn't hard for me that's why I stopped posting here I better quit again before I say something even crazier  

32 minutes ago, zima said:

BT does this every yr does a UFA for way to much and suffers for it for yrs to come I wish he would just stay away from UFA he doesn't know what he is doing. As far as Brodie goes I don't think he wanted to stay here or he would have Tanev was a consolation prize. Markstrom will be a big mistake as well or Van would have resign him me thinks. We are now a team who just screwed our 1st round pick and possibly a few other rounds but it seems BT doesn't seem to feel draft picks are important every yr BT says the exact same thing we were happy that the player we wanted was still there at our pick what crap.

I know we seem to have some luck in later rounds but that is all it is pour luck im still peeved we passed on Lapierre this was a mistake.

Vancouver couldn't keep Markstrom even if they wanted to.

He wanted term and a NMC which meant protection from the expansion draft.

They got their tandem now in Holtby and Demko and don't have to expose Demko anymore.

Personally, I think Markstrom is the superior tender anyway and im very happy with the signing.

Archived