2019-2020 Training Camp

cross16

1 hour ago, bosn111 said:

So basically Kylington, Stone and AMac fighting for the 2 6/7 D spots. DSP, Rinaldo, Rieder, Dube, Czarnik and Quine fighting for 4 spots (3 if Tkachuk signs). Why Gillies is still there, I have no idea.  

I am not mistaken Peters mentioned that it was AMac's spot to lose. 

• Replies 497
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bosn111 said:

So basically Kylington, Stone and AMac fighting for the 2 6/7 D spots. DSP, Rinaldo, Rieder, Dube, Czarnik and Quine fighting for 4 spots (3 if Tkachuk signs). Why Gillies is still there, I have no idea.  

Gilles has to clear waivers. So, Zagidulin gets the shaft.

20 minutes ago, cccsberg said:

He mentioned confirming a partner for “Andy”....meaning Anderson.

Yes, I heard that.

Doesn't mean AMac has it sown up.

It may still end up that way, considering that Kyl has a habt of looking great and risky in the same game.

He tries a bit too much to mimic Brodie, but we all know that Brodie's bad habits stem from tryng to skate too much without shooting it.

7 hours ago, Irocke99 said:

Gilles has to clear waivers. So, Zagidulin gets the shaft.

You'd think they'd wait until Zagidulin gives up a goal that wasn't during practice. lol

Rittich and Talbot are going to start eating the icetime, Zag needs playing time. Handing him the A gig, for now, seems like a good idea.

I'm interested to see if he gets the Rittich treatment. The cultural divide and language barrier isn't easy on a newcomer.

Please god, don't plonk me somewhere in Russia and tell me to figure it out. lol

Huge change for Zagidulin, while we're all thinking, "hurry up".

7 hours ago, conundrumed said:

You'd think they'd wait until Zagidulin gives up a goal that wasn't during practice. lol

Rittich and Talbot are going to start eating the icetime, Zag needs playing time. Handing him the A gig, for now, seems like a good idea.

I'm interested to see if he gets the Rittich treatment. The cultural divide and language barrier isn't easy on a newcomer.

Please god, don't plonk me somewhere in Russia and tell me to figure it out. lol

Huge change for Zagidulin, while we're all thinking, "hurry up".

We will have a couple of Russians in Stockton.

Both are mature, so that might help the transition.

Living in Cali will be a culture shock though.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

We will have a couple of Russians in Stockton.

Both are mature, so that might help the transition.

Living in Cali will be a culture shock though.

With both Russians in Stockton I can see an easier transition for 2 playing the same position and learning the language.

"Living in Cali will be a culture shock though"

Yup!! Cali where dogs step in human poop!!!!

1 hour ago, redfire11 said:

With both Russians in Stockton I can see an easier transition for 2 playing the same position and learning the language.

"Living in Cali will be a culture shock though"

Yup!! Cali where dogs step in human poop!!!!

Not the same position, but both will be out there at the same time.

Goalie talking to D-man.

KHL experience being less than NHL, but at least they faced some talent.

The culture difference is less than it used to be.

And, it's not like they are living in LA.

46 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

image.png.46b05f747fa3438405df6f5a68c66e3d.png

Glad they ice basically a full NHL squad tonight.

Top 12 only really missing Tkachuk, and subs in a 13th forward.

6D are every D from last year with Kylington given a chance to show more stability with Ras.

Rittich will play 30 minutes or more.

Not a fan of Tkachuk on PP1, but he's just there to cover for Matty.  At least Brodie is not on the PP2.

I wonder if it is down to a 4th line role or going back to Stockton, that Stockton might be the best bet for Dube, especially if he still has parts of his game that need to be ironed out.

Rieder is capable of playing on the 4th line and playing both wings. He also is an effective penalty killer.

1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

I wonder if it is down to a 4th line role or going back to Stockton, that Stockton might be the best bet for Dube, especially if he still has parts of his game that need to be ironed out.

Rieder is capable of playing on the 4th line and playing both wings. He also is an effective penalty killer.

I was really hoping to see Lucic/Jankowdki/ Czarnik as a line.. Jankowski has had a real quiet camp and i think Lucic could help with his intensity level

1 minute ago, Horsman1 said:

I was really hoping to see Lucic/Jankowdki/ Czarnik as a line.. Jankowski has had a real quiet camp and i think Lucic could help with his intensity level

I think Lucic being paired with Ryan and Mangiapane, is partly because those guys are smaller and need Lucic's size on that line, but it also gives Lucic two quicker guys which will help cover for his lack of foot speed. Ryan is also a better playmaker than Jankowski which will help Lucic.

4 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

I think Lucic being paired with Ryan and Mangiapane, is partly because those guys are smaller and need Lucic's size on that line, but it also gives Lucic two quicker guys which will help cover for his lack of foot speed. Ryan is also a better playmaker than Jankowski which will help Lucic.

I'm looking forward to both Ryan and Mangiapane taking another step forward this year. If only comfort level for Ryan now, but I expect both will have good years after getting some chemistry last year. As for Lucic...yeah. He's ours now...

The 4th line looks a little sketch from a "bring intensity" standpoint. Not feeling it.

4 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I'm looking forward to both Ryan and Mangiapane taking another step forward this year. If only comfort level for Ryan now, but I expect both will have good years after getting some chemistry last year. As for Lucic...yeah. He's ours now...

The 4th line looks a little sketch from a "bring intensity" standpoint. Not feeling it.

I really wonder if this is a big game for Jankowski as well, Quine has shown much more this pre season. Moving Jankowski could clear some cap space 

One thing going against both Dube and Kylington from an asset management standpoint is that neither of them requires waivers to go down to Stockton. If neither of them are clearly better than the alternatives they could find themselves down in Stockton which gives Calgary much better depth for injury replacement.

7 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

I really wonder if this is a big game for Jankowski as well, Quine has shown much more this pre season. Moving Jankowski could clear some cap space 

One thing going against both Dube and Kylington from an asset management standpoint is that neither of them requires waivers to go down to Stockton. If neither of them are clearly better than the alternatives they could find themselves down in Stockton which gives Calgary much better depth for injury replacement.

The asset mgmt is always a thing this time of year. I'm torn a bit with Dube. In that he's too good for the A. Anyone know how he did for fitness? He came to camp with lots of intensity but he's been looking tired and sluggish recently. Perhaps that's the increase in skill now in competition?

3 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

The asset mgmt is always a thing this time of year. I'm torn a bit with Dube. In that he's too good for the A. Anyone know how he did for fitness? He came to camp with lots of intensity but he's been looking tired and sluggish recently. Perhaps that's the increase in skill now in competition?

Was one of the top 3 prospects. Not sure how that fit in with the regular team as normally they split those results out. 

Archived