Bill Peters - 17th Flames Coach

phoenix66

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well that escallated quickly.

Whether true, suspected true, or an unsupported allegation, the end is always going to be somebody losing their job.

The black cloud was always going to be there.

Done is done, and while this may not be right, there is no way around it.

The Flames as an organization owed it to their fans to make a strong statement.

Anything less would be viewed with suspicion by players, other GM's, other coaches and fans. 

1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

What about Conroy going down behind the bench?

Conroy seems like a very positive person, but he also has that hate to lose attitude.

He can lean on Ward who is an experienced coach and Huska who has been doing some very good things with the PK. Gelinas can also come down behind the bench.

I think the biggest thing this accomplishes, is that management will get a closer and first hand look at what the culture is in the locker room. Management always has a really good idea what goes on in a dressing room, but for the most part they aren't there day in and day out, so they don't see everything that goes on. If Conroy was the interim coach he would see what is going on in there and see what changes need to be made to improve the culture.

I think Conroy would be the PERFECT coach.  Always have.  

He would be a modern day Bob Johnson and Terry Crisp combined.

Smart, positive........  the positivity is soo important and it might be funny to hear that from me but then I'm not an NHL coach and I know it.

But...no....rush.    All things in good time.   The true coach of our future will likely be appointed by a different GM.

Just sayin....   

1 minute ago, jjgallow said:

I think Conroy would be the PERFECT coach.  Always have.  

He would be a modern day Bob Johnson and Terry Crisp combined.

On second thought, Conroy is about as nice a guy that you can find.  Smart, atriculate, even-tempered....

Don't know if he has any coaching ability at all, but the personality is there.

Given how quickly this went down, there is bound to be more.  Do you fire a guy for making racial slurs a decade ago?  Granted what he said was bad (and it has been corroborated by other players on that team), but if it was a one off I feel like they would throw him out in front of the media to apologize, talk about how that's not who he is, etc.  I'm sure the play of the team hasn't helped either, but I would bet good money on more stories coming out.  Those stories don't even have to be racial; look at what's being said about Babcock.   

6 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

On second thought, Conroy is about as nice a guy that you can find.  Smart, atriculate, even-tempered....

Don't know if he has any coaching ability at all, but the personality is there.

I think it's  basically  a showdown between Conroy and me

Archived