Travis Hamonic

Carty

• Replies 405
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not impressed. That cost is too high and now the flames basically have no impact picks for 2-3 drafts in a row. 

Too mich. like the player but I do not like how many high picks he's dealt. Flames basically have to contend for a cup in the next 2-3 years and then they are in trouble again. 

3 minutes ago, sandman8610 said:

Only kicker about this... are we shooting ourselves in the foot for not having picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds anymore, like the Sutter era?

I dont think so, our cupboards are more full then they used to be, especially in terms of D which are valuable currency themselves. Id love to keep those picks, but we arent getting rentals with the trades so im really ok with it.

3 minutes ago, sandman8610 said:

Only kicker about this... are we shooting ourselves in the foot for not having picks in the 2nd and 3rd rounds anymore, like the Sutter era?

I dont think our 3rds are in play anymore.. (unless we miss the playoffs next year ). so thats  2nds for Hamonic and Smith .. am I missing some 3rds?

Hamonic will make our team better, but that's a high price to pay for our Nr.4 D-man.  

So, we will not have a Top 62 pick next year and already don't have 2nd rounders in 2019 an 2020. Unless they don't regain at least a couple of those picks, that really pisses me off.

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

Not impressed. That cost is too high and now the flames basically have no impact picks for 2-3 drafts in a row. 

Too mich. like the player but I do not like how many high picks he's dealt. Flames basically have to contend for a cup in the next 2-3 years and then they are in trouble again. 

I think youre over exaggerating a little there, our cupboards are much more full then before, and its much easier to trade for a 2nd rounder then acquire a top 4 D man in my opinion.

Just now, AlbertaBoy12 said:

I think youre over exaggerating a little there, our cupboards are much more full then before, and its much easier to trade for a 2nd rounder then acquire a top 4 D man in my opinion.

I don't like the isea of losing a 1st rounder, but how much do you pay to get a top 4 these days.  Taylor Hall?  Backlund?  Eberle brought back a marginal top 6 player, and he should be worth at least a 1st and 2nd.  

The best part is that the Oiler fans will lose their crap about this.  Trade a top RW to the same team that traded us Hamonic.  They wanted him more than Russell.

1 minute ago, AlbertaBoy12 said:

I think most people overrate the Flames prospect pool. It's  good but it's not great. If I had more faith in their ability to find undrafted free agents and recoup those picks I'd be more understanding but the flames have not been successful in this area. I think you also overrate how easy it is to get top 60 picks back. Unless the Flames want to deal a core member I don't think you will see those picks come back. 

I think Treliving is pushing his chips in too quickly here and I don't like that he is pushing chips in anyway. I don't believe you win a cup or contend for a long time dealing away this many picks. 

Archived