We are ̶A̶r̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶ a playoff bound team ̶?̶

CheersMan

2 hours ago, CheersMan said:

If you were Ken Holland, would you trade Mrazek, leaving yourself with a 33 yr old Howard?

He might not have much of a choice and even then he would want a good price for him. Mrazek has 1 year after this one under contract. Should I repeat this 3 more times for you

• Replies 605
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We still have a long way to go and facing some tuff opponents I didn't like the game we played last night and we will not survive if we keep playing the way we have last couple of games these games were won solely on the shoulders of Moose. I'm glad he is doing his job finally and I criticized him for his play before the run and he really has kept us in it since. Now the rest of the team has to play with a little more help on the D side of things. 

18 minutes ago, zima said:

We still have a long way to go and facing some tuff opponents I didn't like the game we played last night and we will not survive if we keep playing the way we have last couple of games these games were won solely on the shoulders of Moose. I'm glad he is doing his job finally and I criticized him for his play before the run and he really has kept us in it since. Now the rest of the team has to play with a little more help on the D side of things. 

Are you kidding, that was a great hockey game last night. Momentum swings are the best thing about watching a game. Be pretty boring if it was all one sided and we were beating teams 5-0 all the time. Plenty of good things happening for us as a team out there, Elliott is doing what everyone as wanted all along, good when called on for some big saves.

1 hour ago, MAC331 said:

He might not have much of a choice and even then he would want a good price for him. Mrazek has 1 year after this one under contract. Should I repeat this 3 more times for you

Holland has a choice.  His team is obviously going thru a retool, rebuild next season.  The last thing he will do is sell off his young prospering GT’er in favour of a much older one that is injury riddled.  If anything, Holland will be looking for ways to trade Howard, not Mrazek.  Please don’t repeat yourself again, you do plenty of that on here already.

49 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

Holland has a choice.  His team is obviously going thru a retool, rebuild next season.  The last thing he will do is sell off his young prospering GT’er in favour of a much older one that is injury riddled.  If anything, Holland will be looking for ways to trade Howard, not Mrazek.  Please don’t repeat yourself again, you do plenty of that on here already.

Hmmm let me think Howard with 2 years after this one at 5.95M or Mrazek at 4M for 1 more season, if I am an enquiring GM who do you think I would be asking for from Holland? Sure Holland can try and trade Howard but they won't be lining up for him. Yes he is retooling and he will have to trade a few value pieces to obtain the ammunition to do so. I repeat, if I am BT I am asking what it takes to get Mrazek.

44 minutes ago, MAC331 said:

Hmmm let me think Howard with 2 years after this one at 5.95M or Mrazek at 4M for 1 more season, if I am an enquiring GM who do you think I would be asking for from Holland? Sure Holland can try and trade Howard but they won't be lining up for him. Yes he is retooling and he will have to trade a few value pieces to obtain the ammunition to do so. I repeat, if I am BT I am asking what it takes to get Mrazek.

Detroit can choose to expose Howard. 

They can buy him out if they want to, waive him and send him to the AHL, or just try to get anything for him.

I think they protect Mzarek.  

2 hours ago, MAC331 said:

Are you kidding, that was a great hockey game last night. Momentum swings are the best thing about watching a game. Be pretty boring if it was all one sided and we were beating teams 5-0 all the time. Plenty of good things happening for us as a team out there, Elliott is doing what everyone as wanted all along, good when called on for some big saves.

Ok I guess im not comfortable with a team out shooting us 14-2 in a single period we are only a few points ahead of LA being out played like that is not a confidence builder in my mind. The third was pretty scary as well could have been the other way had it not been for a few lucky bounces. Not sure what game you watch but what I saw was not a team playing playoff hockey.

3 hours ago, zima said:

Ok I guess im not comfortable with a team out shooting us 14-2 in a single period we are only a few points ahead of LA being out played like that is not a confidence builder in my mind. The third was pretty scary as well could have been the other way had it not been for a few lucky bounces. Not sure what game you watch but what I saw was not a team playing playoff hockey.

We have outshot chicago in past years for entire games, this happens in the NHL. Does that make them less of a contender or a playoff team?

You and some other fans are far to critical of the flames on some nights. Considering they kept the red wings to the outside for the most of the 2nd.

15 minutes ago, AlbertaBoy12 said:

We have outshot chicago in past years for entire games, this happens in the NHL. Does that make them less of a contender or a playoff team?

You and some other fans are far to critical of the flames on some nights. Considering they kept the red wings to the outside for the most of the 2nd.

I enjoyed last nights game too, I loved having Detroit in the West, we've had some memorable series against them. 

Can't expect the flames to win every shift on every given night, especially against a guy like Zetterberg, he's almost won more cups than the entire 2017 flames combined.

15 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Detroit can choose to expose Howard. 

They can buy him out if they want to, waive him and send him to the AHL, or just try to get anything for him.

I think they protect Mzarek.  

All of the above and he can also choose to trade Mrazek and get some useful rebuilding pieces.

14 hours ago, zima said:

It was exactly like playoff hockey. DET may be having an off season but they are not a terrible team and we are not a team that is going to walk over very many teams yet.

On ‎2017‎-‎03‎-‎04 at 9:10 AM, Pyromancer said:

2016-17%20Playoff%20Projection%202017-03

Like!

Hopefully the Flames give you good reason to update chart this evening.  Will have 6 or 8 point lead on LAK.  Crazy how no one wants the last wild card in the West.  GFG! 

44 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

Like!

Hopefully the Flames give you good reason to update chart this evening.  Will have 6 or 8 point lead on LAK.  Crazy how no one wants the last wild card in the West.  GFG! 

Charts make it seem like the power has shifted in the west to the Pacific from the Central division. Last few years it was almost given the Central was going to have the max number of teams from the west divisions, in the playoffs.

2016-17%20Playoff%20Projection%202017-03

We're going to sneak up behind Edmonton & kick them down toward the cellar where they belong.

On 2nd thought, maybe we can let them have a WC slot as a renewed BoA would be pretty sweet [with the Flames ultimately victorious of course].

I'm just glad the Flames aren't content with simply holding down the wild card spot and have the confidence to get after the teams in front of them. My biggest concern is what happens once the winning streak ends? Let's say that suffer back to back losses...are they resilient enough now to avoid falling into a late season slump?

9 hours ago, rickross said:

I'm just glad the Flames aren't content with simply holding down the wild card spot and have the confidence to get after the teams in front of them. My biggest concern is what happens once the winning streak ends? Let's say that suffer back to back losses...are they resilient enough now to avoid falling into a late season slump?

I don't think we have a fragile team any longer and they are playing their best hockey at the right time.

THN has an article about teams trending up or down. After having the Flames with a 31.3% chance of playoffs Feb.1 that has jumped to 90.9%. They credit Elliot & the win streak. The others trending up are the Hawks & Preds.

Trending down are my Flyers (I didn't expect playoffs this year anyway), the Orca & LA Kings.

I was hoping to see the northern most team in the trending down but you can't have everything.

Archived