What Is Best For Matthew Tkachuk

Sirwilliam89

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, MAC331 said:

You are an idiot, what is it you think I am doing by clueing you in that it wasn't a fluky goal but a very good goal. You seem to think this kid has nothing left to learn but maybe that just comes from your own attitude. This I can understand perfectly.

Even if you have a valid point, starting off your post with insults like this only take all the attention off your points. If you have valid points, you don't need insults to others to make that point. It does the opposite.

Guys:

Please try to follow the rules of posting, specifically this one below.  I'm not going to police this thread at this time, but please keep the content to constructive stuff:

Flaming
You will be tolerant and respectful of your fellow visitors. Constructive criticism of ideas and opinions is welcome, but you may not slander or attack members in any way. If you deem yourself more savvy than another user, please respond constructively. Hostile, insulting, or condescending comments directed at another member will not be tolerated. This includes the act of flame baiting, which is a post that is intended to provoke such a response. Posts may be edited / deleted at the moderating team's discretion to remove perceived personal attacks, intended or not.

Well this idiot knows he is a long way from knowing every thing but he is going to be a great player and I think he could play on any line and succeed. Funny if I called you an Idiot I would be banned from this forum I guess being senior member with all those likes give you the ability to be a nasty person good luck with that. I will probably get banned for for saying that so if not on after this enjoy your attitude. Seems if some body doesn't agree with you you to through a tantrum to funny. 

And by the way I said a fluky goal because im sure if I would have said great goal it would have gone the other on this conversation but Im also sure I would be an Idiot either way. I know your heart pumps purple for me guess what story of my life mental and physical abuse is common in my life. Hence perhaps that is why a fight back a little. My opinion on Chuky might not be valide according to this forum but for some reason do I don't know why ;)

Just now, zima said:

And by the way I said a fluky goal because im sure if I would have said great goal it would have gone the other on this conversation but Im also sure I would be an Idiot either way. I know your heart pumps purple for me guess what story of my life mental and physical abuse is common in my life. Hence perhaps that is why a fight back a little. My opinion on Chuky might not be valide according to this forum but for some reason do I don't know why ;)

I have tried to say you have been correct in sticking up for Tkachuk staying and playing at this level. You always seem to want to get a dig in regardless even as you get credit.

Sorry but I don't take to well to that stuff so no hard feelings, let's cheer the team on. Cheers

1 hour ago, zima said:

1 hour ago, MAC331 said:

I have tried to say you have been correct in sticking up for Tkachuk staying and playing at this level. You always seem to want to get a dig in regardless even as you get credit.

Sorry but I don't take to well to that stuff so no hard feelings, let's cheer the team on. Cheers

So how long have you two been married? :lol:

Not trying to dig just seems to me that all you say is he is being sheltered and he wouldn't be succesfull on another line all Im trying to say is he would succeed no matter what line. And marriage is out of the question Conund been there done that never again LOL. This is the exact reason why. @ PPL that are always right clash way to much. LOL

I know I'm off topic but when is BT going to, give Jankowski a shot. When he's 28? He's done his time guys. Call him up and put him on the second line. His passing skills are incredible reminds me of Adam Oates. Excellent fluid skater with elite hockey sense. Give him a shot he deserves it. I feel bad for the guy he's the reason that Klimchuck and the Heat are excelling. He has the weight behind him and the strength. 

Just now, TheFan99 said:

I know I'm off topic but when is BT going to, give Jankowski a shot. When he's 28? He's done his time guys. Call him up and put him on the second line. His passing skills are incredible reminds me of Adam Oates. Excellent fluid skater with elite hockey sense. Give him a shot he deserves it.

I like your thinking, but I want him to play a full year and no yo-yo-ing from the A. Get what it is like to be the #1C in the AHL, and play a lot. How many more games is the A than in college? 

Plus, the grind of the NHL is pretty heavy. 

I also see his time in the AHL as a time to get his hands going. He was in a very restrictive defensive system and I, like you, think he has the potential in his hands to be a great C in the game. OK, great is a heavy word and a lot of connotations with it, but a 2nd C isn't too bad a goal for him. I am just as excited as you are.

Plus, he will get his chances when Stajan is gone, and I've liked Stajan's game this year. Who knows, maybe Jankowski allows us to keep Bennett at LW. I know a lot don't want it, but if it works, why not? 

6 minutes ago, TheFan99 said:

I know I'm off topic but when is BT going to, give Jankowski a shot. When he's 28? He's done his time guys. Call him up and put him on the second line. His passing skills are incredible reminds me of Adam Oates. Excellent fluid skater with elite hockey sense. Give him a shot he deserves it.

Giving a Gm a hard time because a 22 year old center with less than 20 pro games under his belt hasn't been giving an NHL shot? 

Man, forums are getting tough these days. No one has any patience or a lot of logic either. 

6 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I like your thinking, but I want him to play a full year and no yo-yo-ing from the A. Get what it is like to be the #1C in the AHL, and play a lot. How many more games is the A than in college? 

Plus, the grind of the NHL is pretty heavy. 

I also see his time in the AHL as a time to get his hands going. He was in a very restrictive defensive system and I, like you, think he has the potential in his hands to be a great C in the game. OK, great is a heavy word and a lot of connotations with it, but a 2nd C isn't too bad a goal for him. I am just as excited as you are.

Plus, he will get his chances when Stajan is gone, and I've liked Stajan's game this year. Who knows, maybe Jankowski allows us to keep Bennett at LW. I know a lot don't want it, but if it works, why not? 

I like Bennet on the wing he's like a inexperienced Gary Roberts. Monahan dump it in and he chased it like a bull dog.  He's fearless in that way. A lot of pro's have stated that Ahl is a harder league cause everyone is gunning for a big league shot. MJ must be getting tired of being labelled a constant project.

16 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Giving a Gm a hard time because a 22 year old center with less than 20 pro games under his belt hasn't been giving an NHL shot? 

Man, forums are getting tough these days. No one has any patience. 

Not giving BT a hard time at all. MJ is 4 years past his draft year. I'm sure He'd be better at this stage then Ferland, Bouma, and Stajan. I think 4 years of development has given plenty of patience.

7 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Man, forums are getting tough these days. No one has any patience or a lot of logic either. 

I agree.

And giving Jankowski the credit for Klimchuk's progression is way out of line.

I guess we should just start seasons with 19 one-way contracts so we can continually call up players we're trying to develop.

But hey, who needs development, let's crush all of their spirits in the NHL and give them 8 minutes/night when they NEED ice time to develop.

boardinging ludicrous.

Do I need to pull out the Webster's definition of Manager?

WTF??

8 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

And his first professional year...

Calm down big guy. Have you seen MJ passing skills. Klimchuck just all of a sudden became a point producer? He owes his production to MJ that feeds him perfect passes tape to tape for wide open scoring chances. He has the weight 210 pounds and strength to contribute.

31 minutes ago, TheFan99 said:

I know I'm off topic but when is BT going to, give Jankowski a shot. When he's 28? He's done his time guys. Call him up and put him on the second line. His passing skills are incredible reminds me of Adam Oates. Excellent fluid skater with elite hockey sense. Give him a shot he deserves it. I feel bad for the guy he's the reason that Klimchuck and the Heat are excelling. He has the weight behind him and the strength. 

Actually the Fan960 did a interview with management about Janks.. They said he is doing well in the AHL but not ready for the NHL quite yet. He needs to get better on faceoffs and need to get stronger. Don't expect to see him up anytime quick unless injuries demand it.

2 minutes ago, TheFan99 said:

Calm down big guy. Have you seen MJ passing skills. Klimchuck just all of a sudden became a point producer? He owes his production to MJ that feeds him perfect passes tape to tape for wide open scoring chances. He has the weight 210 pounds and strength to contribute.

Klimchuk was over a PPG game in the dub. His point production isn't "sudden". 

1 minute ago, TheFan99 said:

What were his point totals the last two years in the Ahl? Come, on the dub?

well considering he has only played one year in the ahl.

and the dub is considered by many to be the closet junior league to pro hockey, so Im not sure why you are trashing it.

We get it you love jankowski, doesnt mean hes nhl ready.

4 minutes ago, TheFan99 said:

What were his point totals the last two years in the Ahl? Come, on the dub?

Well, it's 1 season actually and it's a combination of being hurt and being asked to play a defensive role. He wasn't a top 6 guy last year. 

Cant product offence if you aren't skilled. You are acting like klimchuk is some plug who Jankowski is carrying but that isn't the case and you don't score over a PPG in the dub in multiple seasons if you aren't skilled. 

3 minutes ago, AlbertaBoy12 said:

and the dub is considered by many to be the closet junior league to pro hockey, so Im not sure why you are trashing it.

How do we know he isn't ready if he hasn't played in the pro's yet? His passing is pro ready that's for sure. That skill alone should get him a shot. He's probably not going to be a physical guy or a power shot but his passing is elite.

1 minute ago, TheFan99 said:

How do we know he isn't ready if he hasn't played in the pro's yet? His passing is pro ready that's for sure. That skill alone should get him a shot. He's probably not going to be a physical guy or a power shot but his passing is elite.

Hes playing in the pro's right now...

I like him as a prospect, but as others have said hes going to get big minutes in the AHL. I think you can look at his preseason, and thats where I saw jankowski play last, he didnt really shine and he had some decent linemates. Let him have a year to dominate the AAA and next year he will be more physically and meantally ready to take the step to the NHL. 

7 minutes ago, AlbertaBoy12 said:

How many skilled juniors from the dub have been a pro dud? Goes with the entire CHL. I absolutley like the dub tough boys come out of there. Doesn't mean anything though when it comes to the pro's.

1 minute ago, AlbertaBoy12 said:

Hes playing in the pro's right now...

I like him as a prospect, but as others have said hes going to get big minutes in the AHL. I think you can look at his preseason, and thats where I saw jankowski play last, he didnt really shine and he had some decent linemates. Let him have a year to dominate the AAA and next year he will be more physically and meantally ready to take the step to the NHL. 

I agree he does need a full year in the minors it will do him good. 

Archived