s4xon

1 hour ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Gee Carty, I'm taking that to mean it wasn't in the romantic sense we thought when you asked for the hostess to come alone.

:rolleyes:

95f3c0cce332ab632b526c7212d1f7f2.png

the-joker-the-joker-30450855-496-260.gif

1 hour ago, Flyerfan52 said:

There's that & the fact Kulstad mentioned something about wishing to swing the big hammer. Been a while so he's getting itchy.

Carty knows the 1 I mean.

:o

25 minutes ago, Carty said:

598146ac83b80104b981e615bf4b3b03.png

Been my new avatar for about a week now

6 hours ago, Saymzies said:

With Elliott having an individual 10 game win streak, does anyone know what the Flames record is? 

Not sure what the record is but he has to be close.  Miss the days when Peter Mahr used to give us those daily interesting tid-bits.  It goes beyond that, Elliott is 14-1-1 in his last 16 games.  Last night he was one giveaway from getting his 3rd SO in 4 games.  His last 9 games average 0.957 SA%, possibly the hottest GT’er in the galaxy right now.  The million-dollar dilemma is how do you keep him dialed in without burning him out while you have a competent backup on the bench?  You don’t win SC’s in games 72-82, you win them in 4th round of the playoffs, potentially 38 games from now.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CheersMan said:

Not sure what the record is but he has to be close.  Miss the days when Peter Mahr used to give us those daily interesting tid-bits.  It goes beyond that, Elliott is 14-1-1 in his last 16 games.  Last night he was one giveaway from getting his 3rd SO in 4 games.  His last 9 games average 0.957 SA%, possibly the hottest GT’er in the galaxy right now.  The million-dollar dilemma is how do you keep him dialed in without burning him out while you have a competent backup on the bench?  You don’t win SC’s in games 72-82, you win them in 4th round of the playoffs, potentially 38 games from now.

It is really too bad Brodie screwed up last night. 

About two minutes before that I said to my dad, the D better start playing for Elliott now. 

I could see see a touch of complacency come into the game in the 3rd. I didn't feel like they'd lose, but the play changed. 

Too bad, Elliott deserved the shutout.  

5 hours ago, cross16 said:

Mike Vernon. 11 games in a row. 

Especially when we consider that he had much smaller pads, and the fact that Vernon was 5'9" and 167 lbs, he was an incredible goaltender and we were very lucky to have him on the Flames...   When I look at the pic that Deeds posted it sure seems like there is a whole lot of net exposed, but he was definitely one of the best in the league at stopping the puck...   Vernon was something special...

• Like 3

4 hours ago, robrob74 said:

Elliott deserved the shutout.

He sure did...

Here is the good luck shirt that I often wear for games lately...   If you look close, under HD it says "MOOSE ON THE LOOSE"...   Got it at Kanes in Kelowna (a few years back before Gasoline Alley bought them out) when I needed a filter for my bike while on vacation...

Image result for the moose is loose harley davidson

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Carty said:

Especially when we consider that he had much smaller pads, and the fact that Vernon was 5'9" and 167 lbs, he was an incredible goaltender and we were very lucky to have him on the Flames...   When I look at the pic that Deeds posted it sure seems like there is a whole lot of net exposed, but he was definitely one of the best in the league at stopping the puck...   Vernon was something special...

If I was better at photoshop or something I would like to see what a modern day tendy looks like super imposed on that photo, that would be the real kicker. A player like bishop has to be twice the size of vernon  plus the increase in gear size.

Elliott is the 3rd star for the week:

https://www.nhl.com/news/brad-marchand-sidney-crosby-brian-elliott-named-nhl-3-stars-of-week/c-287895452?tid=282747176

THIRD STAR - BRIAN ELLIOTT, G, CALGARY FLAMES

Elliott went 3-0-0 with a 1.95 goals-against average and .926 save percentage to help the Flames (41-27-4, 86 points) maintain third place in the Pacific Division. He made 32 saves - and turned aside all three attempts in the shootout - in a 4-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins March 13. Elliott then made 24 stops in a 3-1 win against the Dallas Stars March 17 and 19 saves in a 5-2 triumph over the Los Angeles Kings March 19. In doing so, he earned his 11th consecutive victory (1.70 GAA, .942 SV%, 2 SO) to tie Mike Vernon (Jan. 17 - Feb. 27, 1989) for the longest such run by a goaltender in franchise history. The 31-year-old Newmarket, Ont., native owns a 23-13-3 record with a 2.46 goals-against average, .911 save percentage and two shutouts in 41 appearances this season, his first with the Flames.

Finally some league love for the Moose.  Well deserved.  

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Elliott is the 3rd star for the week:

https://www.nhl.com/news/brad-marchand-sidney-crosby-brian-elliott-named-nhl-3-stars-of-week/c-287895452?tid=282747176

THIRD STAR - BRIAN ELLIOTT, G, CALGARY FLAMES

Elliott went 3-0-0 with a 1.95 goals-against average and .926 save percentage to help the Flames (41-27-4, 86 points) maintain third place in the Pacific Division. He made 32 saves - and turned aside all three attempts in the shootout - in a 4-3 victory over the Pittsburgh Penguins March 13. Elliott then made 24 stops in a 3-1 win against the Dallas Stars March 17 and 19 saves in a 5-2 triumph over the Los Angeles Kings March 19. In doing so, he earned his 11th consecutive victory (1.70 GAA, .942 SV%, 2 SO) to tie Mike Vernon (Jan. 17 - Feb. 27, 1989) for the longest such run by a goaltender in franchise history. The 31-year-old Newmarket, Ont., native owns a 23-13-3 record with a 2.46 goals-against average, .911 save percentage and two shutouts in 41 appearances this season, his first with the Flames.

Finally some league love for the Moose.  Well deserved.  

Nice. Just curious if there were any ties in Vernon's streak.

11 hours ago, Carty said:

I'd say you won this one, but it might be a tie with Deeds...

giphy.gif

Maybe I should bow out of this one...

I remember seeing that clip on TV! 

It's not really about Windsor losses, it's about being a pain in the neck without getting suspendered. 

Love. 

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

With Johnson out for at least a couple of games with a lower body injury, Gillies has been called up...   https://www.nhl.com/flames/news/flames-recall-jon-gillies-from-stockton/c-288462026

Hopefully it's something relatively minor and Johnson heals up soon...   Had to happen on the first shot of the game too, poor guy has had a string of bad luck after a pretty amazing run...