s4xon

Early in it wasn't THE issue. It was one of many issues. But I would argue over the last few games it has been the biggest issue. The Flames are scoring but the goalies are letting in 4 or 5 every game, some of them weak, and rarely coming up with a clutch save.

if Bob Hartley was ever to lose his job, I think it should be to you stealing it from him.. I`m sorry man, but you should really realize that no matter who would we had in the net, the way our whole team was playing in D zone, we would have lost anyway.. one or two weak goals do not lose you a game, if it`s not in the last 2 minutes like against the Jets..

it seems to me like some of you guys expect our goalies to make saves aspiring for Save of the Year on a daily basis.. and funny thing is, they actually already DID make couple of them !

I dare to say, we do have exactly the same goaltending we did last year, but it`s being exposed and left on its own due to defensive breakdowns every single game..

we could either fix the defense, or start scoring 5 goals or more every game [it works for Dallas most of the time]..

really, goaltending is not THE issue, it`s just one piece of the puzzle, but not the biggest one.. <_<

I hear your argument but even Dallas has above .900 tending. Again, I am not saying it is completely the fault of our tenders but they need to be better. Some of the goals have come at vulnerable times that should not have been allowed and have been momentum changers. I see these as the difference in our win loss column.

I hear your argument but even Dallas has above .900 tending. Again, I am not saying it is completely the fault of our tenders but they need to be better. Some of the goals have come at vulnerable times that should not have been allowed and have been momentum changers. I see these as the difference in our win loss column.

that might be true, but if the defensive game of the whole team was clicking, the win - loss column would have look that much better..

and the problem with our weak save precentage is, we are giving up too many quality chances every game, where it`s mostly about the opposite team skill to capitalize on them, not the skill of our goalie to save them.. when you give up 15 - 20 qty chances every night, how can you expect your goalie to not let any of them in? it`s crazy to think it`s possible, it really is..

Always earned...

A note of sarcasm??

Actually he actually earned a start after tonight's win.  He was back to the calibre he played in his good games last year.  Should have had a shutout, but the team failed him in the last 30 seconds of a period...again.

He gets the win with .963 and an assist.  :blink:

A note of sarcasm??

Actually he actually earned a start after tonight's win.  He was back to the calibre he played in his good games last year.  Should have had a shutout, but the team failed him in the last 30 seconds of a period...again.

He gets the win with .963 and an assist.  :blink:

To be fair, Ramo kind of failed on that goal as well. The shutout was in his hands. But you're right, the team also blew it defensively on that one.

I'm actually fine with giving Ramo a string of games. Yeah, he hasn't earned it, but none of the other goalies have either. The back-and-forth between goalies obviously isn't working, so at some point I think you need to just stick with one guy for a while and let him build some momentum, even if it means suffering through a couple stinkers. They don't really have any other options, unless a trade for a goalie comes on the table.

My only gripe is that they didn't give Ortio the same chance earlier. That's Hartley for you, though. He loves his vets.

I have trouble throwing too many compliments towards Ramo for last nights game. He was playing against a very poor team that can't score and he didn't look steady doing it. Lots of loons behind him and the classic weak goal to end the second.

That said, it was statistically a good game and he got the win so it's something to build on at the very least.

I agree with giving A goalie a string of games. I know it worked last year, but historically the idea of rotating goalies tends to fail at the NHL level and really in hockey in general. I believe stronlgy you need a guy to handle the load and have the team by into. It worked last year but that IMo was not the norm and I felt it wasn't going to work again this year which is why I thought the Flames needed to pick someone in training camp and not run 3 goalies but i'm not going to go through that again.

You can debate whether or not that should be Ramo or Ortio for sure but I don't think there is any debate that someone needs to be given a few games to run with it and stop this 1 or 2 games in a row BS.

Hey, one goal allowed and an assist on the game winning goal !  What more do you want from a guy ?  Seriously, he did just fine last night and I like that Hartley came out and said he's giving multiple starts to Ramo.  The whole goalie situation has been a distraction and I think it kind of send the message to the rest of the team that this is your guy so find a way to win with him.  Hopefully it works and they can start building on some success.

I have trouble throwing too many compliments towards Ramo for last nights game. He was playing against a very poor team that can't score and he didn't look steady doing it. Lots of loons behind him and the classic weak goal to end the second.

That said, it was statistically a good game and he got the win so it's something to build on at the very least.

I get that, but are you saying he doesn't deserve the next start?

I agree with giving A goalie a string of games. I know it worked last year, but historically the idea of rotating goalies tends to fail at the NHL level and really in hockey in general. I believe stronlgy you need a guy to handle the load and have the team by into. It worked last year but that IMo was not the norm and I felt it wasn't going to work again this year which is why I thought the Flames needed to pick someone in training camp and not run 3 goalies but i'm not going to go through that again.

You can debate whether or not that should be Ramo or Ortio for sure but I don't think there is any debate that someone needs to be given a few games to run with it and stop this 1 or 2 games in a row BS.

I think it worked last year because both goalies were generally playing well, so each guy would usually get at least a few starts in a row before turning the net over. Both goalies got to rest often, but there was also some stability.

This year, it has been a different goalie every night, and I think that instability just compounds the fact that none of the guys are playing that well.

Early on this season I was pretty quiet about our goalies. I did not want to jump all over them because goalies need confidence not criticism.

Lately I have been very critical of our goalies because time is running out for our team. The goalies have been subpar as a group and deserved a calling out.

Last night Ramo stepped up. It wasn't a pretty game and it could have been worse. He made the saves he had to and he made a few that lifted the team. Like that save late in the 1st period...

Ramo did his part and more for the team win last night..

Early on this season I was pretty quiet about our goalies. I did not want to jump all over them because goalies need confidence not criticism.

Lately I have been very critical of our goalies because time is running out for our team. The goalies have been subpar as a group and deserved a calling out.

Last night Ramo stepped up. It wasn't a pretty game and it could have been worse. He made the saves he had to and he made a few that lifted the team. Like that save late in the 1st period...

Ramo did his part and more for the team win last night..

If anything, we finally got league average goaltending last night.  It wasn't great goaltending but it was good.  Timely saves, untimely miss, overall staying good enough to grab a win.  A start like this could have been a win in some of the losses we had.  

If anything, we finally got league average goaltending last night.  It wasn't great goaltending but it was good.  Timely saves, untimely miss, overall staying good enough to grab a win.  A start like this could have been a win in some of the losses we had.  

Like last season, the Flames are capable of winning if they get at least league average goaltending.

TD stretched the truth just a tad.  If Lundqvist has a league leading 0.943 GAA how could Ramo’s 0.963 performance last night be average? Minor details, but we’ll take it. :)