Johnny 'Hockey' Gaudreau

s4xon

16 members have voted

1. 1. How many points will Johnny Hockey score in his sophomore season?

• 40-50
    • 50-60
    • 60-70
    • 70-80
    • 80-90
    • 90-100
    • 100+

This poll is closed to new votes

https://www.nhl.com/video/gaudreau-has-been-fined-2000/t-277350912/c-50215003

He was fined 2000$ for diving, I dont know if I would classify it as a dive but hey what are you going to do. I feel like maybe if the officials made some calls for him he wouldnt be pulling this boarding, but at the same time if he would stop boarding at them maybe he would get calls.

I tried to embed the tweet/ video, but I dont know, soooo if someone better at this me can do that, that would be very helpful. Please and thank you.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, AlbertaBoy12 said:

https://www.nhl.com/video/gaudreau-has-been-fined-2000/t-277350912/c-50215003

He was fined 2000$ for diving, I dont know if I would classify it as a dive but hey what are you going to do. I feel like maybe if the officials made some calls for him he wouldnt be pulling this boarding, but at the same time if he would stop boarding at them maybe he would get calls.

I tried to embed the tweet/ video, but I dont know, soooo if someone better at this me can do that, that would be very helpful. Please and thank you.

That is such horseelbowing! 

Not that we would know, but they should fine officials when they get calls wrong. 

Players shouldn't get fined for diving. It is a penalty in the game. If a ref catches them then it could cost the team the game and that could be huge. 

The refs need to just start calling a penalty a penalty. 

• 3 months later...
6 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

4 penalty minutes in 71 games.  Pretty unheard of.

He was fined for diving and received 2 of those minutes for the infraction.  It was such a joke call at the time.  

and now the GM's are having a meeting today, with slashing being on the agenda.

Just now, AlbertaBoy12 said:

and now the GM's are having a meeting today, with slashing being on the agenda.

As it should be, the slashing has gotten out of control. If everything was called we would have 3 on 3 hockey for the whole 60 minute game. LOL

Then we would need a really good goalie.

1 minute ago, MAC331 said:

As it should be, the slashing has gotten out of control. If everything was called we would have 3 on 3 hockey for the whole 60 minute game. LOL

Then we would need a really good goalie.

LOL I dont think everything needs to be called, but all the stick work nowadays is ridiculous.

3 minutes ago, AlbertaBoy12 said:

LOL I dont think everything needs to be called, but all the stick work nowadays is ridiculous.

The funny thing is that they call a hook on the hands almost every time, yet a slash to the hands is a hockey play I guess.

Players get the message.  Call it enough to start with and it will eventually be the same frequency as hooking.

• 5 weeks later...

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/flames-gaudreau-open-playing-hometown-flyers-future/

Obviously lots can change in the next 5 years, if the flames win a cup or two in the next 5 years I can see him staying. Can't fault Johnny for being honest, every kid wants to play for their hometown team I'm sure, even deep down McDavid wants to play for the Leafs I would imagine. However if I'm Flames management, this isn't what I wanna be hearing from my star player.

6 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/flames-gaudreau-open-playing-hometown-flyers-future/

Obviously lots can change in the next 5 years, if the flames win a cup or two in the next 5 years I can see him staying. Can't fault Johnny for being honest, every kid wants to play for their hometown team I'm sure, even deep down McDavid wants to play for the Leafs I would imagine. However if I'm Flames management, this isn't what I wanna be hearing from my star player.

If im flames management I dont really care? Whats wrong with him being honest? Im sure if you asked alot of players there answers would be the same, although some players dont like canadian markets. Canadian markets aside, I dont think its a big deal.

19 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I wouln't take this too seriously.  That happens in an interview when you cut off the first portion that talks about the good things he says about Calgary and the Flames.  

58 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I wouln't take this too seriously.  That happens in an interview when you cut off the first portion that talks about the good things he says about Calgary and the Flames.  

Some Flyer fans are excited about the "home town boy" (the same 1s that always expect Bobby Ryan to  be in O & B 1 day). It'd be nice to see what he could do with Giroux/Vorachek or Patrick/Simmonds but the cost to acquire would be so high that Hex wouldn't do it.

Gaudreau also said someday it'd be nice to play for the team he grew up cheering for but fans hanging their hats on that is like Habs fans expecting Crosby or Oilers fans thinking a much younger Iggy would ditch the Flames for his boyhood favorite.

Reporters are bloggers with a regular paycheck if they turn in x # of columns a month so they are still working for clicks even if it's on a more reputable site. I'd lay odds Gaudreau remains a Flame @ least 'til the end of this contract & probably beyond. The "local boy" angle is so over used it rivals the "generational player" tag. Seldom do players go to their childhood favorite team until they are pretty well washing out of the league (Lindros & others with the TML). Fans buy this Disney stuff but GMs have to be realistic.

I agree that its a stupid article for a second.

But just to play devils advocate, if the flames dont win a cup in 5 years, is gaudreau going to suddenly jump ship if the flames give him another reasonable contract offer going into free agency? Its possible, but I feel like for that to happen the flyers or jersey has to be in a good position to make a run at the playoffs. Not saying they will or wont be, but the odds of him jumping ship are there, but if hes part of building something and the flames are still contending I dont see why he would. Lots of players around the NHL want to be part of a winner, and if they help build that winner they just dont just jump ship when the time comes just because. I think if it comes down to it the flames might not offer him a contract, but why wouldnt they? why wouldnt he accept it? If that was the case obviously the flames might trade him, but then again as flyer fan pointed out who is going to give a good offer? On top of that in the likely scenario that johnny gaudreau does get to free agency, and the flames cant trade him well that would be big news. But as I said most players around the league want to stay with the team they build a winner with or have won with.

1 hour ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Some Flyer fans are excited about the "home town boy" (the same 1s that always expect Bobby Ryan to  be in O & B 1 day). It'd be nice to see what he could do with Giroux/Vorachek or Patrick/Simmonds but the cost to acquire would be so high that Hex wouldn't do it.

Gaudreau also said someday it'd be nice to play for the team he grew up cheering for but fans hanging their hats on that is like Habs fans expecting Crosby or Oilers fans thinking a much younger Iggy would ditch the Flames for his boyhood favorite.

Reporters are bloggers with a regular paycheck if they turn in x # of columns a month so they are still working for clicks even if it's on a more reputable site. I'd lay odds Gaudreau remains a Flame @ least 'til the end of this contract & probably beyond. The "local boy" angle is so over used it rivals the "generational player" tag. Seldom do players go to their childhood favorite team until they are pretty well washing out of the league (Lindros & others with the TML). Fans buy this Disney stuff but GMs have to be realistic.

If Tkachuk , Ferland and few others pan out on LW I wouldn't have a problem trading him to PHI for some good assets in say 2 or 3 years.

1 hour ago, MAC331 said:

If Tkachuk , Ferland and few others pan out on LW I wouldn't have a problem trading him to PHI for some good assets in say 2 or 3 years.

There is nothing wrong with a player willing to go elsewhere. That is far better than having players with all of these no move contracts. How did that work out for Ottawa with Phaneuf? Vegas would not have snagged him with that bloated contract, and they ended up losing Methot in the process. As long as the player is working hard for his own team, it matters not if he is willing to play for other teams. In reality, it happens all of the time.

2 hours ago, AlbertaBoy12 said:

I agree that its a stupid article for a second.

But just to play devils advocate, if the flames dont win a cup in 5 years, is gaudreau going to suddenly jump ship if the flames give him another reasonable contract offer going into free agency? Its possible, but I feel like for that to happen the flyers or jersey has to be in a good position to make a run at the playoffs. Not saying they will or wont be, but the odds of him jumping ship are there, but if hes part of building something and the flames are still contending I dont see why he would. Lots of players around the NHL want to be part of a winner, and if they help build that winner they just dont just jump ship when the time comes just because. I think if it comes down to it the flames might not offer him a contract, but why wouldnt they? why wouldnt he accept it? If that was the case obviously the flames might trade him, but then again as flyer fan pointed out who is going to give a good offer? On top of that in the likely scenario that johnny gaudreau does get to free agency, and the flames cant trade him well that would be big news. But as I said most players around the league want to stay with the team they build a winner with or have won with.

He's from South Jersey. People from there hate the NJ Devils. ;)

Florida PR: Johnny, would you play here? Awesome market I'd love it.

Chitown PR: Johnny, would you play here? Awesome market, I'd love it.

Cali PR: Johnny, would you play here? Awesome market, I'd love it.

If he REALLY wants to make a name for himself..."Philly, what a frigging mongrel city, what are they paying me in, cheesesteak"?

The NHL is the least WWE of all sports, it's a rare day to hear a player say, "what a elbowing-hole, I wouldn't play there with your dick".

Regardless of city or player.

They are spokesman for the league.

If he WANTED to slag Philly, he can't.

These stories are so limp...

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Florida PR: Johnny, would you play here? Awesome market I'd love it.

Chitown PR: Johnny, would you play here? Awesome market, I'd love it.

Cali PR: Johnny, would you play here? Awesome market, I'd love it.

If he REALLY wants to make a name for himself..."Philly, what a frigging mongrel city, what are they paying me in, cheesesteak"?

The NHL is the least WWE of all sports, it's a rare day to hear a player say, "what a elbowing-hole, I wouldn't play there with your dick".

Regardless of city or player.

They are spokesman for the league.

If he WANTED to slag Philly, he can't.

These stories are so limp...

So you prefer WWE over sports? :rolleyes:

& would you slag your home where your family & friends live?

Players are taught by the agents to be vanilla & pretend they love what ever city drafts them because they have no choice when the bingo balls fall. With RFA & the way things are stacked against OSs unless a drafted player sucks or a GM trades him for need(s) that player is stuck with that franchise unless he kicks up a fuss & then gets the disgruntled/locker room (.) tag. Funny but the cities on the no trade lists often have the alumni return for charities more than they participate in their current places of employment.

Archived