2024 NHL Draft Pool

Guess the draft order from picks 2-11 and 28.  1-point for a correct guess and 2-points for correctly guessing the Flames picks at 9 and 28.  Deadline June 27 (day before the draft).  Please submit your picks and I will update the spreadsheet.

Screenshot 2024-06-27 101327.png

I think double-rob is trying to steal me heart. lol

I'm hoping O'Reilly at 41, but Dallas will prolly take him late 1st, then in 3 years, we'll all be, "how does Dallas keep finding these gems"?

All similar lists, though. Demidov is definitely the firecracker. Without question the 2oa. The question is, how did the personal conversations with teams go?

I can almost hear it now, "Ivan Demidov's contract has been purchased, and he will be playing for the London Knights in the 24/25 season.

That can almost be a side bet. Which overseas 1st rder will be playing for the London Knights next season?

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I almost put Lindstrom in the Philly pick. They got burned on an injury prone player before, so I thought they'd stay away from him. 

Pro sports teams are so incisive these days, they'll have 2nd & 3rd opinions getting access to a player's Dr.

If he's a faller, that will be why. Otherwise, he'll go top 5 and gain access to the best medical staff money can buy. It's kinda up to them.

It's either, "easy-peasy, it's just like player x", or, "there's a definite risk, could be like player y".

16 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Pro sports teams are so incisive these days, they'll have 2nd & 3rd opinions getting access to a player's Dr.

If he's a faller, that will be why. Otherwise, he'll go top 5 and gain access to the best medical staff money can buy. It's kinda up to them.

It's either, "easy-peasy, it's just like player x", or, "there's a definite risk, could be like player y".

How much do you think Bennett's injuries affected his development in the end? That would have been also on the player playing through the injuries to try maintain his position. 

Injuries do happen and derail development. We've had our share of luck in the 90's with that... 

I am surprised I had him fall out of the top 10/11.

OK, maximizing early prospects, trades(Approximate, key player) and guaranteeing high picks in 2025 & 2026.  Infill with FAs:

1=Celebrini

2=Levshunov

3=Parekh

4=Demidov

5=Lindstrom

6=Buium

7=Iginla (C/RW-Calgary, trade Weegar)

8=Dickenson

9=Silyov (RD-Calgary)

10=Sennecke

11=Catton

23=Parascak (RW-Calgary, trade Anderson)

28=Solberg (D-Calgary)

• Like 1

1. M Celebrini

2. A Levshunov

3. C Lindstrom

4. I Demidov

5. A Silayev

6. S Dickenson

7. Z. Buium

8. T Iginla

9. B Catton

10. Z Parehk 

11. B. Sennecke

28 Cgy. Sahlin-Wallenius

Cgy gets a much needed play driver and a quality D man from the first round.

• Like 1

On 6/23/2024 at 4:18 PM, Otown72 said:

1. M Celebrini

2.C Lindstrom

3. A Levshunov

4. I Demidov

5.  B Catton 

6. Z. Buium

7. A Silayev

8. S Dickenson

9. Cgy T Iginla

10. Z Parehk 

11. C Yakemchuk

28 Cgy. N Artamonov

Ok, I'll give it a try, though I have no clue how the list is going to unfold after Celebrini

1. SJS: Celebrini

2. CHI: Demidov

3. ANA: Levshunov

4. CBJ: Dickinson

5. MTL: Silayev

6. UTA: Iginla

7. PHI: Lindstrom (trade of 1sts with OTT)

8. SEA: Parekh

9. CGY: Buium

10. NJD: Catton

11. BUF: Helenius

I think there is a decent chance that our second 1st rounder is traded to move up or down a few spots

"28". CGY Miettinen

• Like 1

2 hours ago, manu12 said:

Ok, I'll give it a try, though I have no clue how the list is going to unfold after Celebrini

1. SJS: Celebrini

2. CHI: Demidov

3. ANA: Levshunov

4. CBJ: Dickinson

5. MTL: Silayev

6. UTA: Iginla

7. PHI: Lindstrom (trade of 1sts with OTT)

8. SEA: Parekh

9. CGY: Buium

10. NJD: Catton

11. BUF: Helenius

I think there is a decent chance that our second 1st rounder is traded to move up or down a few spots

"28". CGY Miettinen

Shoutout for Miettinen, I wouldn't argue.

37 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Shoutout for Miettinen, I wouldn't argue.

I just wanted to take a guy nobody had at that position:) Fun aside, I like the package of his size, 2way play and beeing ppg in his first season in N.A.

On most lists he is more of a mid 2nd rounder but personally I would like that pick at 28 or a bit later if we choose to trade down.

I always loved Mountain Time starts. 5pm for you guys, 7pm for us EST heathens.

BUT...rd 2 begins at 6:30am for you MST heathens and 8:30am for us kind, gentle and loving EST folks. :)

I wanted to go to LCA for the Sticks and Picks party on Friday, but I've been shot down.

Evidently, we have too many other trips to Detroit this summer. Apparently, "we'd be going to Detroit every other effing night if you had it your way" is likely correct.

Pick your battles. lol

It's pretty exciting to see where this draft goes. I think I'll stream the NHL Network for a change. I don't love the coverage on SN/TSN. They're like rabid dogs. Rabid dogs with too many opinions.

Yes, got a nice 5 day vacation starting tomorrow and going to enjoy this draftweekend and the start of FA.

And I could bite myself for not picking SJS at 11 yesterday:) I originally had them there, but then thought 1 tradeup was enough.

Thanks to peeps and all participants in this little fungame, it's certainly gonna add to the enjoyment!

2 hours ago, manu12 said:

Yes, got a nice 5 day vacation starting tomorrow and going to enjoy this draftweekend and the start of FA.

And I could bite myself for not picking SJS at 11 yesterday:) I originally had them there, but then thought 1 tradeup was enough.

Thanks to peeps and all participants in this little fungame, it's certainly gonna add to the enjoyment!

Well Satoshi Nakamoto man, what are you going to do for 5 days? Don't leave us hanging.

3 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Well Satoshi Nakamoto man, what are you going to do for 5 days? Don't leave us hanging.

No worries, I'm going to be here with you guys. Probably took the wrong translation, I'm not travelling anywhere just having a few days of from work:)

But I'm really excited for the coming days, especially after the rather boring draft last year.

Unfortunately it seems that german tv doesn't show it this season, just a recap of round 1 on saturday. So I'm probably tuning the good old fan960.

• Like 1

I'm sorry for the link, but im not on X and don't know how I can make that tweet show up here

https://x.com/mark_scheig/status/1806450963818885346?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1806450963818885346|twgr^f69fb041e2b1b2bc93a9e26ebceb7eb33f5e0e4b|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.hfboards.com%2Fthreads%2Fflyers-made-pitch-to-columbus-for-4th-overall.2969850%2F

If true, holy Satoshi Nakamoto was I close with my PHI trade up. Even the value is close what I thought would go down in a trade with the sens. Obviously it wasn't enough.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, manu12 said:

I'm sorry for the link, but im not on X and don't know how I can make that tweet show up here

https://x.com/mark_scheig/status/1806450963818885346?ref_src=twsrc^tfw|twcamp^tweetembed|twterm^1806450963818885346|twgr^f69fb041e2b1b2bc93a9e26ebceb7eb33f5e0e4b|twcon^s1_&ref_url=https%3A%2F%2Fforums.hfboards.com%2Fthreads%2Fflyers-made-pitch-to-columbus-for-4th-overall.2969850%2F

If true, holy Satoshi Nakamoto was I close with my PHI trade up. Even the value is close what I thought would go down in a trade with the sens. Obviously it wasn't enough.

37 minutes ago, manu12 said:

No worries, I'm going to be here with you guys. Probably took the wrong translation, I'm not travelling anywhere just having a few days of from work:)

But I'm really excited for the coming days, especially after the rather boring draft last year.

Unfortunately it seems that german tv doesn't show it this season, just a recap of round 1 on saturday. So I'm probably tuning the good old fan960.

onhockey.tv is your friend, my friend. Download uBlock Origin first.

You'll be golden, watch whatever you want from onhockey.tv. Choose a feed, if it sucks, choose another. Figure it out!

I can't take credit for this advice, but there is a poster here that can. God love him, from me, and all of my friends.

What's hilarious is the, "you aren't allowed to say it out loud" crowd.

Why? It's there. Take it up with them. lol

• Thanks 1

My last minute take:

1. Celebrini

2. Demidov

3. Levshunov

4. Lindstrom

5. Iginla

6. Silayev

7. Parekh

8. Buium 

9. Catton

28. Basha

If Catton is available at 9 there aren't many players I would take ahead of him...not even Iginla.

• Like 1