Stanley Cup Final

3 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Okay, so how do you stop people from getting a concussion outside head shots?

Boarding doesn't target the head but can result in one.

Fighting is probably the worst culprit for CET.

Could ban fighting or have an automatic 1 game minimum suspension.

Trip and fall into the boards because you are skating 33 mph.

So, every penalty that has a head shot is a suspension.

Every fight is a suspension.

IMHO, Draisaitl should have gotten a game for that hit.

It wasn't maybe dirty (I think he hides his sleazy plays) but it was a head shot.

Boarding, Fighting and shots to the head, could ban them all or auto suspensions.  Unfortunately all are already illegal, but not all called.  Perhaps auto video reviews and suspensions, with zero exceptions for playoffs or star players.  Just enforce the rules we already have would do wonders…

2 hours ago, cberg said:

Boarding, Fighting and shots to the head, could ban them all or auto suspensions.  Unfortunately all are already illegal, but not all called.  Perhaps auto video reviews and suspensions, with zero exceptions for playoffs or star players.  Just enforce the rules we already have would do wonders…

yup, eventually they'll stop doing it

5 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

Any check legal or not rattles the brain around inside the skull.

I guess all the lawmakers can do is try to minise the risks.  

Giving a 2 minute penalty for an elbow to the head is not in my books minmising the risks.   The hit by Draisatal in my book was predatory (I know the league ruled otherwise) to the oppositions star player and borne out of frustration.

If that elbow had been to McDavid there would have been uproar.

My list was not all inclusive.  Tkachuk got a concussion playing against Dallas (as a Flame) by the whiplash of being hit twice in two different directions.  It's common, though I don't think players admit the injury when it happens.  They want to play.  

2 hours ago, LouCifer said:

Woooooo! 

1 hour ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Stranglehold.

The difference in the series is the goalie.

Possibly only another weekend to see Oiler flags on cars and trucks.  Hope they can recycle them.  Being an avid Tim's drinker, I was perplexed and disgusted at the Oiler Orange cups with the Oiler crest on one side.  Nearly puked in my mouth, and that wasn't from the taste.  I just hope that the Mosh Pit (or is it the Moss Pit) doesn't get stupid if the Oilers lose at home.  We don't need more idiots trashing the city.  

Yes, the difference on the scoresheet is the goalies, but they are two teams that play 100% different.  EDM got here by exposing a bad goalie (VAN) and a poor PK (DAL).  Game 1 could be described as EDM trying to win on over shooting.  One side of their game was keen, while the other side was poor.  FLA controlled the defensive side with shot blocking and a good PK.  Game 2 was a reversal where EDM barely did anything and FLA was controlling every aspect of the game.  Game 3 Bob made saves you expect a SCF goalie to make.  FLA scored on the mistakes you can't make, but were better defending on the mistakes they made.  29 or 97 were on for 3 of the 4 goals scored.  Down by 3 goals going into the 3rd, they managed all of 6 shots.  2 were goals but that's not a desperate team.

8 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Stranglehold.

The difference in the series is the goalie.

Barkov too. How (Bouchard) do you toy with the puck when Barkov is coming at you? Do they not recognize what number he is yet?

Bobrovsky is nothing short of spectacular. MVP all the way. Barkov is pure textbook player all over the ice. Surprised even some talking heads didn't realize just how great he is. After all of this time. lol

5 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Oilers should trade the Flames four 1st round picks for Markstrom.

Would not actually help? I think they need to improve their D too…Oilers have never bother to really fix D or G…they have made some very bad and expensive additions but have never really addressed this…once they tried and drafted Nurse but that was kinda of a buts for them too…

4 hours ago, MP5029 said:

Would not actually help? I think they need to improve their D too…Oilers have never bother to really fix D or G…they have made some very bad and expensive additions but have never really addressed this…once they tried and drafted Nurse but that was kinda of a buts for them too…

True enough.  They basically only have two D.  Kulak is a good bottom pair guy too but he's being asked to do too much and move up to second pair now.  It's amazing how they got so far with this D group.

29 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

True enough.  They basically only have two D.  Kulak is a good bottom pair guy too but he's being asked to do too much and move up to second pair now.  It's amazing how they got so far with this D group.

Well if there was one team that would not view Markstrom as a playoff savior it is that team.

Hope it ends Saturday, love to see the cup do laps in the new building but with no Grease carrying it.

This would have been more of a series if Dallas were in it but its not so all we have is a tilted Stanley Cup final series to watch.

Nurse again on one goal last night and goof up by Skinner cost them, mind you the Taresenko goal if Holloway stayed with his man from the blue line in he could have prevented the goal also so its not all on Skinner. (at the 25 second mark you can see where is blunder starts)

Markstrom would never play in Edmonton, why would he...

13 minutes ago, medatswhoP said:

Hope it ends Saturday, love to see the cup do laps in the new building but with no Grease carrying it.

It could be the 2nd time the cup is awarded in Roger's Place only to head on a plane with a Florida team.

1 hour ago, sak22 said:

It could be the 2nd time the cup is awarded in Roger's Place only to head on a plane with a Florida team.

Shades of 2004…then only difference is the 2004 Flames were a solid team and were cheated…this old team was simply on a heater and are cooling off…they need a stronger top 4 D group, and a better all round goalie 

4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Perry reminds me of James Neal.

Teams win once he leaves.

Maroon is the opposite, and managed to play for 3 cups in a row.

You should see the effing spread Perry purchased in London, ON. I'm sure he'll be okay. The Hunter's are likely just waiting for him to retire. He'll be fine. lol

1 hour ago, conundrumed said:

T-minus 6ish hrs until the end of this season, I hope. Then we can move along from this unspoken trade embargo!!

The thunder, lightning and rain is a couple hours away.

If they lose tonight, I hope they accept it and walk away from the mosh pit.

How many sweeps have they been on the wrong side of in the last 10 years?

2021 - Swept by WPG

2022 - Swept by COL

2024?

3 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

You should see the effing spread Perry purchased in London, ON. I'm sure he'll be okay. The Hunter's are likely just waiting for him to retire. He'll be fine. lol

He was paid well in ANA, but took a discount in MTL and Tampa.

Was being paid for the buy out in ANA while playing for Dallas.

CHI paid way too much for him.

Then bought him out.

Enter EDM.

The karma killer.

Sign a douchebag like Kane or Perry and you get the shaft.

Well, I don't think Perry is so much one, just plays like one.

2 hours ago, conundrumed said:

T-minus 6ish hrs until the end of this season, I hope. Then we can move along from this unspoken trade embargo!!

God I hope so.  I need a vacation from these stupid commercials.  I stopped caring about that guy who’s at the hockey game and the grocery store last round.  Add in 2 day breaks each game.  

• Haha 1