Western Conference Playoffs

conundrumed

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I guess one can't be too surprised. I mean look at the forward group in Vancouver.

Ilya Mikheyev

Sam Lafferty

Nils Aman

Phil Di Giuseppe

Pius Suter

Teddy Blueger

Half of their forwards are almost zero threat

Could say the same about EDM outside of McJesus and Dry

• Like 1

Just now, LouCifer said:

Best thing about Edmonton’s playoffs is they’re going to have to pay Bouchard large on his next contract. Hopefully around Nurse money or more 😂🤑

Bouchard has 100pts this season, including playoffs.

There's zero chance he signs for less than Nurse. Thats gonna be a 10m cap hit.

• Like 1

Vancouver is so inept. No one wants to go to the net. Skinner is sitting pretty, hasn’t needed to break a sweat yet. This looks like a preseason performance. Just wow. 

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

They hold up their end of the bargin though.

Vancouver is paying Pettersson 11.6x8 going forward. He's been a ghost all playoffs.

Obviously a huge mistake signing that deal, but backed into a corner by high season pts totals.  Much like Gaudreau.  Injuries are also a factor, but that is playoffs.  Game not over yet, 1 period to go…

I’ve seen some bad game 7s but I’m not sure I’ve ever seen a team fail to show up in game 6 and 7 with a chance to win. Pretty shocking stuff. 

I know the Oilers have Skinner in net but this looking tough. Canucks haven’t had a good period in 2 full games now. I don’t think they can just flip a switch 

28 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I can't remember a team no-showing as much as Vancouver has in these playoffs.

23-4 shots? It feels like the 4 shots is generous.

us, the flames, they no showed for a few years. They came to play in the last one but lost to Edmonton losing themselves, but the ones prior weren't great. They looked shell shocked. 

2 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

us, the flames, they no showed for a few years. They came to play in the last one but lost to Edmonton losing themselves, but the ones prior weren't great. They looked shell shocked. 

Of the four losses to Edmonton that year, game three was the only bad performance.

Game 2 was back and forth

Game 4 the Flames came back from 3-0 and gave up a late one

Game 5 was back and forth. Brutal no-goal call didn't help.

I think Vancouver thought this was a best of five because they've had zero jam for two games.

20 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I guess one can't be too surprised. I mean look at the forward group in Vancouver.

Ilya Mikheyev

Sam Lafferty

Nils Aman

Phil Di Giuseppe

Pius Suter

Teddy Blueger

Half of their forwards are almost zero threat

Suter is playing too high up the lineup. He should be third line center.

play Lindholm with Petterson and Miller to end the game. 

Just now, Thebrewcrew said:

Of the four losses to Edmonton that year, game three was the only bad performance.

Game 2 was back and forth

Game 4 the Flames came back from 3-0 and gave up a late one

Game 5 was back and forth. Brutal no-goal call didn't help.

I think Vancouver thought this was a best of five because they've had zero jam for two games.

see I wasn't even talking that being the bad year. The bad years were against Colorado... the playoffs before the last one.

2 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

see I wasn't even talking that being the bad year. The bad years were against Colorado... the playoffs before the last one.

The Avs is fair.

Such a fine line in the playoffs. Had a late lead in game 2. Had a 2-0 lead in the 3rd of game 4. 

But it also happened to line up with Colorado arriving as one of the best teams in the league.

• Like 1

It blew my mind that Edmonton avoided Vegas in the first round and got LA instead. They’ve been lucky with who they’ve drawn in the playoffs for years. This one no different. 

11 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Avs didn’t beat the Flames because the Flames failed to show up. Flames worked hard in that series they just were not at all prepared for how the Avs were going to play them. 

Just now, LouCifer said:

It blew my mind that Edmonton avoided Vegas in the first round and got LA instead. They’ve been lucky with who they’ve drawn in the playoffs for years. This one no different. 

They might be in for a rude awakening on Thursday. 

3 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Garland has been awesome in this series.

for a guy I think you could have gotten for almost free the last few seasons. 

think he’s been their best forward for me in the playoffs. Funny how that goes 

• Like 2

Give the oilers credit. They didn’t panic after that 2nd goal. Dug in and shutdown the Canucks. 

Don’t think the Canucks were ever as good a team as the record showed. Playoffs exposed them. Be interested to see where they wind up next year and j don’t think it will be on top of the Pacefic 

I know the Canucks got a bit of a playoff run, but I’m curious how they’ll feel about the Lindholm trade.

Lindholm was better in the playoffs. I think he priced himself out of Vancouver.

I guess it was a high price to pay, but you only get so much chances where you had a regular season like VAN did . Have to take your shot every once in a while.