Realistic (and unrealistic) Trades - 2024 Edition

travel_dude

30 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

It never went to the NHL. My guess is that Calgary and Vegas have agreed to a deal in principle. Vegas is now trying to get a 3rd party broker to take on cap, because Vegas still wants to add another winger and wants to make sure they have room to do it.

This is pretty normal this time of

year.

Ya I'm not overly concerned ..retention deals are tricky..essentially 3 trades have to be made ..have to receive value to retain..  the main was leaked .. still working on th final.. just takes time 

But gotta love the optics..

Conny makes almost every WC contender better ..except Edmonton.. 

Pulls the rug from Tampa .. .Friedman said today tb did have the extension in the drawer so that mist have truth to it .. 

Iggy and Conroy on their own little revenge tour here 😂😂

1 minute ago, phoenix66 said:

Or we get an Iggy deja vu... Go to bed knowing he's going to Vegas...wake up he'll be in Washington 

it'll be Florida. We knew it was Boston or Pittsburgh, so the other team involved this time would be the Panthers.

• Like 1

Just now, travel_dude said:

Has there been any coroboration that the big Russian D is actually part of the deal?

Dreger says it, but only people re-tweeting him or saying they heard.

it sounds like they talked to either a former coach or some sort of scout? I can't remember, but they said the Russian D has some NHL upside and could run a PP... don't think they said top pp though, lol. 

we shall see? Maybe they were discussing a different D? 

8 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Has there been any coroboration that the big Russian D is actually part of the deal?

Dreger says it, but only people re-tweeting him or saying they heard.

I'm always willing to accept what Friedman states as fact ..  so sounds like that's for sure..and a first ..

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

tough to say that's it, but so far it seems underwhelming.

It's still too early to make a determination.

But, yes. If Miromanov is a key piece (I would be surprised if he was) then it would be a real head scratcher. He looks like a player that will be headed back overseas this summer. A tweener.

Just now, Thebrewcrew said:

It's still too early to make a determination.

But, yes. If Miromanov is a key piece (I would be surprised if he was) then it would be a real head scratcher. He looks like a player that will be headed back overseas this summer. A tweener.

For all we know . He's part of the 3rd team compensation..

But if not ...man Conroy really loves his Russians 

3 minutes ago, cross16 said:

1st round pick confirmed 

Seeing as Friedman had more info that Dreger, at least he isn't using Dreger as the source.

I've only seen Dreger quoted when they even talked about the D.  But this sets my mind at ease, a bit.  

It it's only 1st and the D, then I don't like the deal, not with retention on our part.

I know some have posted a prospect and couple of picks, but none of them mentioned again.

1 minute ago, MP5029 said:

Ok now if they can confirm Endsrtom with the 1st and Miro…that’s a fair return, currently it’s a bit light…common confirm Endstrom already! 

Like I've said ..be prepared to be underwhelmed ...but...it does sound like Connie is busting his hump to make this a solid return .with one of the smartest in the business across the table 

1 minute ago, phoenix66 said:

Like I've said ..be prepared to be underwhelmed ...but...it does sound like Connie is busting his hump to make this a solid return .with one of the smartest in the business across the table 

I have heard rumblings on social

media (yes poor sources) but the rumblings seem to say Ednstrom is definitely going to Cgy…again reliable sources no but they are talking like it’s definitely happening…id

like to see a formal announcement that endstrom and a first…everything after that is gravy 

3 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

I was expecting a 1st (check) + mid-tier prospect + fringe NHLer (check)... Still want to see Edstrom or someone equivalent for that mid-tier prospect.  Otherwise, this is a disappointing return especially if we are retaining 50%.

There are three key prospects with Vegas

David Edstrom- he's probably their top prospect.

Mathieu Cataford- C/W 82pts in 59 games in the Q

Matyas Sapovaliv- Big centre with Saginaw. 55pts in 47 games.

I hope the Flames can get one of those guys.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I was expecting a 1st (check) + mid-tier prospect + fringe NHLer (check)... Still want to see Edstrom or someone equivalent for that mid-tier prospect.  Otherwise, this is a disappointing return especially if we are retaining 50%.

Some of the holdup is around conditional picks.

God, I hope all of our picks aren't centered around Team X in the finals or winning the cup.

1st has to have zero conditions.

I don't mind a condition on a 4th or 3rd around making the conference finals, but not a main piece of the trade.  But those should be the throw in picks like retaining salary and trading in division.

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

Maybe Flames will announce Markstrom to CAR before we get the details on the Hanifin trade.

Marky to LA! 🤣 make every road to the cup harder for Edmonton...

Just now, The_People1 said:

Maybe Flames will announce Markstrom to CAR before we get the details on the Hanifin trade.

🤣🤣🤣

but wrt Hanifin, I think it’s a 2025 first, can’t see them sending their 2024 first when they are hosting the draft