Realistic (and unrealistic) Trades - 2024 Edition

travel_dude

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

I don't think here is any value in mentioning Lundell's name. He isn't coming back

But as I read it, Panthers should have about 3.2 in available space after this. So retention on Hanifin would get them there for sure. 

Edit: apparently I can do Math!

I think they're hoping the Flames get Lindell, not in the Tarasenko deal.

6 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

If Lindholm is traded, what happens to the conditional 3rd?

Those conditions exist only while playing in VAN.

VAN makes the 3rd round.

Lindholm plays 50% of the games in the playoffs.

I don't think they could substitute them on a new team if he is traded.

i didnt see the games played condition , just the wcf condition .. that would be the kicker.. if its games played It wont transfer 

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

I think they're hoping the Flames get Lindell, not in the Tarasenko deal.

Yup i gathered that. Response doesn't change. I don't believe you are getting Lundell in a Hanifin deal

• Like 1

LA is putting Jaret Anderson-Dolan and Jacob Moverare on waivers. Anderson-Dolan would make sense if we are looking for center depth, especially if the rumours about Rooney being on the move at the deadline are true.

Will have to see if anything else involved, kinda disappointing that Walker gets a first and Tanev only gets one with a bad contract, but can't control what the buyers will do, maybe the Flames get more if they waited it out a little longer, but risky with that player.

2 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Will have to see if anything else involved, kinda disappointing that Walker gets a first and Tanev only gets one with a bad contract, but can't control what the buyers will do, maybe the Flames get more if they waited it out a little longer, but risky with that player.

Philly had to take Johansen to get the 1st, so there is your bad contract.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sak22 said:

I get the feeling. I do think the Flames could have got a 1st, but only a first and no prospect. Think they really liked the prospect even though he has no offence...

Could be a late bloomer as a prospect, a large part of their development was hindered by Covid times.

Lindholm is the example of a player who overplayed his hand. Maybe he didn't care about 9.5 Calgary was offering, but he sure isn't playing up to that clip. He's more of a 6 million dollar man... maybe 7

27 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

LA is putting Jaret Anderson-Dolan and Jacob Moverare on waivers. Anderson-Dolan would make sense if we are looking for center depth, especially if the rumours about Rooney being on the move at the deadline are true.

I would consider both of them actually.

At the very least we should be waiving Oesterle or Gilbert and make a roster move (on paper) if required to claim either.  I get the sense we won't get Hanifin traded until the last minute.  

Is LA making a move for someone not being mentioned?  I don't know why they decided to do it today, unless they are completing a trade very soon.

Just now, travel_dude said:

At the very least we should be waiving Oesterle or Gilbert and make a roster move (on paper) if required to claim either.  I get the sense we won't get Hanifin traded until the last minute.  

Is LA making a move for someone not being mentioned?  I don't know why they decided to do it today, unless they are completing a trade very soon.

What exactly is rumoured around Rooney? Where? Possible returns? 

Have to think something 

1 minute ago, MP5029 said:

So for all those who thought Bryam wasn’t possible out of Col…he was and that’s a missed opportunity 

We didn’t have a 25 year old second line center who is a pending RFA. Lindholm wasn’t getting Byram.

1 minute ago, MP5029 said:

So for all those who thought Bryam wasn’t possible out of Col…he was and that’s a missed opportunity 

Huh. I must have missed the 25 year old 60 point center the flames had to deal for him. 

Just now, MP5029 said:

Last minute, anything is possible.

AVS trade 1st + RJ + Byram for Walker and Mittlestadt.

3 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

LA is one destination Hanifin might sign long term.

Just now, JTech780 said:

LA is one destination Hanifin might sign long term.

I think they were considered a dark horse, but that was for Markstrom?

If it's LA, then it's likely Turcotte + 1st for Hanifin.

I would be okay with that.

Not a top guy coming but not garbage either.

I doubt Moveare makes it to us.

Same with JAD.