2024 Trade Deadline

Thebrewcrew

4 hours ago, robrob74 said:

I think it really depends on the other teams needs and what they might need to offload. In the Lindholm trade, they needed to trade away Kuzmenko or Zadorov, and we weren't taking Zaddy back for it to work. 

Are there teams with a D that is a good NHLer but doesn't fit the system? One can look at Montour as a guy that was like that but is good for his new team? Not the same, but Hanifin is a guy that can probably play anywhere with the way he plays, so would be desired by teams looking for a D... 

Columbia has that kid that wants out now ...

3 hours ago, phoenix66 said:

Couldn't remember his name at the time ... David Jiricek ..   can't seem to get in the lineup but tons of upside and only 20 

And that's the reason Columbus doesn't have to care that he's unhappy about being sent down.

Just now, phoenix66 said:

Totally..but a player like Hanfin might make them willing to move him 

Don't see him signing there, and 14 points out of a playoff spot they aren't in the rental market.

4 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Don't see him signing there, and 14 points out of a playoff spot they aren't in the rental market.

Agreed..but ya never know... He could be like Johnny..wants to play in the us and be out of the spotlight..who knows ..

But the point was in reference to someone asking how hard it is to get back back the potential of what you're giving up..young for older etc.. 

To be honest ..personally I think he's signing.. probabaly just ironing out details , Bonuses clauses etc..  you don't play a trade chip over 25 min in back to back games and risk Injury just to showcase .. I think he's made up his mind and bought in..he's been a beast in all zones since ASB 

10 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

To be honest ..personally I think he's signing.. probabaly just ironing out details , Bonuses clauses etc..  you don't play a trade chip over 25 min in back to back games and risk Injury just to showcase .. I think he's made up his mind and bought in..he's been a beast in all zones since ASB 

I agree a gut feeling he resigns. I am good either way as if he resigns he has made that decision to make CGY his home. But if so please no NMC.

35 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

I agree a gut feeling he resigns. I am good either way as if he resigns he has made that decision to make CGY his home. But if so please no NMC.

I can see there being some .. especially on the first 5 years or so ..he is giving up UFA and somebody will overpay for him... So I'm ok with that.. what I don't want is too many bonuses that make him un-buy-out-able 

I’m of a different opinion, I don’t think he stays. He has been leaning towards leaving since the summer and j don’t see what is going to change his mind.  I think deep down Conroy already knows but they want to give every effort 

I think he’s dealt in a sign and trade if I had to make a call on it. Just my feeling, not based on anything I’ve seen or heard 

34 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I’m of a different opinion, I don’t think he stays. He has been leaning towards leaving since the summer and j don’t see what is going to change his mind.  I think deep down Conroy already knows but they want to give every effort 

I think he’s dealt in a sign and trade if I had to make a call on it. Just my feeling, not based on anything I’ve seen or heard 

Plus, as much as we bemoan the situation where Calgary is overly respectful of player timelines, I think it is good optics and hopefully players see that Calgary treats their players with respect. As fans, we probably should a bit more than some of us do. It's a tough league...

I like what Warraner said a few days ago on Barn Burner about Lindholm, that he may not have been fully checked out, but playing with even just 85% heart in a game could mean a lot in the negative side of the game, it's that fine a line. 

I could see he was giving effort, but the heart wasn't there. 

Hanifin has been different, and that could just come down to being able to check the emotions at the doors when entering the stadium. Some have that capacity, and Hanifin plays the game a bit robotic (Not a knock on him). But I agree with you that he's a bit out, and so it's hard to read as he's in. It's eerily similar to Gaudreau. If there is no decision in the next week, I am leaning it's a trade.

43 minutes ago, cross16 said:

He's already been (reportedly) offered a very nice deal here.

He could have signed by now but hasn't.

That should be pretty telling to us fans.

Lindholm was (again reportedly) offered >$9M here and we traded him.

A sign and trade works if he wants to go to a specific team.

It basically is designed around the receiving team.

I know what you are saying that this seems to be the logical conclusion.

Without it, the receiving team has to immediately negotiate.

Determine whether he is re-signing or not.

But that does allow them to construct it a certain way.

But, I suppose that a sign and trade would be exactly the same looking.

I am of the opinion that we are in the last stages of a trade.

No proof, but I think Hanifin has decided he wants to move on.

That's just recent, since no bidding war has happened.

That might be the GM holding back and wanting to first use Tanev in trade.

Both are good trade assets for different reasons.

If a retained salary inclusion nets an additional asset, that would be a plus.

26 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

Plus, as much as we bemoan the situation where Calgary is overly respectful of player timelines, I think it is good optics and hopefully players see that Calgary treats their players with respect. As fans, we probably should a bit more than some of us do. It's a tough league...

The thing is the worse the fanbase and media is for recognizing that the less the players want to be here.  Hockey players want to be treated like humans, just like we all do in our jobs.

• Like 1

Calgary should try and buy low on Adam Boqvist. 23 years old, RHD, 8th overall pick in 2018. Signed at $2.6m for this year and next. He hasn't worked out in Columbus and they might be looking to move on.

Thre is going to be some openings on the blueline shortly and it wouldn't be the worst idea to look at buying low on some upside on the blueline.

13 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Calgary should try and buy low on Adam Boqvist. 23 years old, RHD, 8th overall pick in 2018. Signed at $2.6m for this year and next. He hasn't worked out in Columbus and they might be looking to move on.

Thre is going to be some openings on the blueline shortly and it wouldn't be the worst idea to look at buying low on some upside on the blueline.

What do you think he goes for?  I would think a 2nd and maybe another later pick, I'd go for that if they can get another 2nd for Tanev.