Flames - Season Predictions 23/24

medatswhoP

Blake Coleman - 30G-scoring shutdown winger. Worth more than his $4.9 this season. Young players taking positive steps forward, lots of things to be excited about in a down season. 

I'm quite happy that this has been a "take a step back" season. Overwhelming tumultuous drama, we were constantly just waiting for the next fuse of bad news to ignite.

Although it's an unfortunate season results-wise, that was always a likelihood. Nice to see Conroy sticking to his guns as much as he can and getting good results on trades. He's definitely not letting other GMs take advantage.

I think when I said NO to playoffs and had us finishing low in the division, it was more being hopeful that we would get off of the news feeds for the wrong reasons and fall into fully assessing where we're at.

So I'm pretty happy with how it's going. That, and the stupid Satoshi Nakamoto of constantly blaming Markstrom and inventing reasons of why he's ruined has gotten the teflon bullet. He's a solid NHL goalie and always has been. I'm pretty down on the fanbase for being so Satoshi Nakamototy to him and handing out free passes to skaters that are great 1 minute and total boneheads the next. The only consistency has been inconsistency. Hopefully that chapter is over. It was a very long chapter.

I've often said in the past that the Flames always seem like a low IQ team. Zary is showing the difference imho. Pelletier will too. Smart, smart, shifty players. Huberdeau is a high IQ player. Surround him with the mundane, and he's invisible.

Lots to be excited about moving forward.

In the meantime, cheer for the Wings this year. There's more than enough heart in that team to go around. From Larkin, who has never played a playoff game, to Veleno, Rasmussen, Walman and Raymond that bleed everything just to be NHLers, to Perron going, "how the f$%# did I become a mentor?" to Seider, likely the cleanest great Dman in the league after Makar, to, finally, Alex Lyon, career AHLer that backed the Panthers into the playoffs, then they threw him away.

They are now a ragtag team of every other team's misfits/we don't need you/you're not worth the cost/risk (Compher, Ghostisbehere, Maatta). They actually are. Who can't get behind that? All while waiting for the solid pipeline to move up.

I believe in magic. They're going to be a nuisance, I hope. Last year's Florida.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

No April fools day here, Cross still continues to lead , I was hoping to be wrong in my predictions with Calgary low and out of the playoffs but reality it is what it is. Hate to cheer for Vancouver as western conference finalist but might have to, no one else above them to hope for.  (Keynote: robrob74 the only one with a Calgary prediction being in the correct standing as fifth in the Pacific.)

xJxCUs8l.png

GvIfVwWl.png

X43bdEkm.png

iEjtivjm.png

Dip5SYLm.pngOLMEp4Ym.png

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, cberg said:

Ok, how about predictions for how many wins/points in the last 8 games?  I say 7 pts, 3 wins.

Also, where do we finish?  I’ll say #7 overall.

This is "Season Predictions"!  We can have predictions on wins/losses/per games playing or being played , start a new thread perhaps I entertain anything new,

As far as where do we finish we have them posted above in the spread sheet already with Taz89 being the only one matching you with #7 overall.  Anything is possible I think that's a very close bet at this point. 

• 3 weeks later...

man.

Congrats to....  @cross16?

If I read this correctly.   

I don't think I've ever been so destroyed in one of these before.   I really should have read how the points system worked lol.   I figured I nailed it.   nearly got the (Flames) standings right.  Correctly guessed they wouldn't make playoffs.   But no nearly dead last lol  😅.     

Starting to wonder if I should have read the instructions

giphy.gif

Ill do a final tally tonight or tomorrow, just follow IKEA instructions and your sure to fail.

Most of us predicted Flames being a bubble team would make the playoffs but our heart got in the way of reality I guess.  Who would have thought we would have sold half the farm though at the beginning of the season.

Lets hope for some great change by October with new Flames blood.

• Like 1

Summary of season end 2024

Cross16 led the whole season and is the overall winner in points, no one could have predicted the bigger trades we had (Zadorov, Lindholm,) nor picking up some great players in exchange (Pospisil, Sharangovich).

Interesting notes:

- 4 People picked no playoffs for Calgary

- Only Jigallow predicted Vancouver to be Pacific overall leader

- Only Robrob74 predicted Calgary to finish in 5th place

- No one prediceted Coleman to be in the top 3 in goals

- No one predicted Kadri to be top in assists

The entire season is abit skewed with the exit of Lindholm but we did gain Sharangovich a great move!

Enjoy the summer peeps, playoffs is still exciting (tough to see the greasers but well see how far they go).

Pacific StandingsJZpadTUm.png

Total Goals                                                                            Total Assists

IuEsPxCm.pngs3IqS4km.png

18Ie67il.png

84h4F94l.png

Well done  Cross16 (who led basically the entire year) Congrats!  Lets hope the crystal ball next season shines more on us.

• Like 1