Flames - Season Predictions 23/24

medatswhoP

October stats are brutal, not anyone really standing out with top goals or top assists as half the team all share the same stats (good or bad).

Kudos to taz-89 who is leading and has the Flames predicted in the correct spot (who would have guessed we would have been a bottom feeder).

Let's hope for a better month in November.

image.thumb.png.b1a54c815e5f7c6b38462b2edc92516f.png

• Like 3

2 hours ago, travel_dude said:

It's pretty bad when underperformers like Huberdeau and Kadri are 2nd and 3rd in goals.

I guess everyone without goals is tied for 4th.  Awesome.

It is as bad as it gets, lots of room for some improvement overall.

Goals Assists
Mangiapane (3) Lindholm (4)
Coleman (2) Hanafin (4)
Huberdeau (2) Backlund (3)
Lindholm (2) Huberdeau (3)
Ruzicka (2) Mangiapane (3)
Kadri (1) Weegar (2)
Weegar (1) Zadorov (2)
Andersson (1) Andersson (2)
Greer (1) Dube (2)
Dube (1) Ruzicka (2)
Sharangovich (1) Duehr (2)
Duehr (1) Kadri (1)
Coronato (1) Coleman (1)
  Greer (1)
  Gilbert (1)
  Sharangovich (1)
  Coronato (1)

16 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Uncertain, they were bad all year by my mem. Not SJS-bad this year. Hope SJ gets their first W vs Edmonton. THAT would be a riot.

I guess I was remembering them beating teams they shouldn't have.  When I look at results from the months, they were barely 500 in their best months.  And there weren't many.  No wins in April at all.I would say March and April was in part due to trades and tanking talk.  LOL.  Individual scoring wasn't much worse than us, which isn't saying much.  

• 2 weeks later...

November results Pacific Division,

Interesting notes, Taz-89 the only one predicting Vancouver in 2nd spot, no one could predict Coleman/Weegar as top goals most of everyone picked Lindholm as the top goal scorer which was a safe bet next month I'm sure it will be different, Edmonton still surprises everyone but they are winning as of late, San Jose no surprise there they just suck, LA "noted" playing least amount of games,  jigallow will pick it up  next month 😉, and finally cross16 as current leader.

I7R7RRn.png

kgJT0qxm.pngY3zBA9fm.pngy9xET4om.png

• Like 3

Off topic, but I happened across this on the main site (Fans).

"Come early and score deals on food and drink. HHH starts one-and-a-half hours before game time and ends 30 minutes before puck drop. You can get a 14 oz. draught, 1 oz. highball and 6 oz. house wine, along with a cheesburger, pizza slice and hot dog for just $6".

Has anyone called them on this? I would just for fun. "It says on your website...right here".lol

Not sure if I would be hammered or nap-full of junk food for maybe $18.

Unreal deal...as in, "not real".

Put this on a US team website, and you're either honouring or losing a lawsuit.lol

On 12/5/2023 at 12:42 PM, conundrumed said:

medats, I think Weegar and Coleman are tied for 1st in goals (inexplicably) so the rest are tied for 3rd. That's my read...which affects me negatively.lol

Good catch! Weird no one predicted 1st or 2nd in goal leaders, updated below to include the correction for ties in assists also, overall no change to our leader with cross16.

F1PFB0f.png

• Like 1

5 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I hate to have to say don't look now, but...Oilers are 2pts back, 2 games in hand.

Yes they are as predicted playing like the team that was supposed to be.  With that said they have the next 5 games at home with most teams doing back to back games which should extend their wins. 

If Calgary continues their horrible performance we will in great contention for great first rounds picks by Christmas.  Damn what W5 streak would look like...

2 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

They’re playing well.

Theyre gonna run Skinner into the ground by March though.

I believe they are recalling Campbell, for what it's worth. Carolina and Toronto are also entering the quagmire. I have no idea why Buffalo refuses to properly address the G position. Somebody needs a Reimer. He's not the greatest nor my fave, but he can hold his own. He wants to kick every rebound away by 20 feet is when the adventure begins. That's just how he plays. Who knows what Yzerman told Reimer upon signing though. They've been carrying 3 goalies all year. It's been, and likely to continue, Husso and Lyon since the Sweden trip. Hard to up the ante on Reimer with that, but everyone knows what he is. Those teams will need to do something at G.

Even when they were struggling the oilers weren’t playing that poorly. McDavid is now being McDavid and their goaltending hasn’t been god awful. They were always going to play better. 

Sustainability, particularly for skinner, will be interesting to see. 

On 12/9/2023 at 10:57 AM, cross16 said:

Even when they were struggling the oilers weren’t playing that poorly. McDavid is now being McDavid and their goaltending hasn’t been god awful. They were always going to play better. 

Sustainability, particularly for skinner, will be interesting to see. 

New coach bump or otherwise, 7 wins is 7 wins.

Skinner did this last season, though this is likely the first time he claimed the starter role.

He will have stretches of good and stretches of bad.

Went through one now going through the other.

This is by no means any excuse for them playing well, but so far they have had one of the easiest schedules in the league.

Zero B2B games themselves and often play a team on the 2nd night of a visitor B2B.

I don't think the team is playing much different overall, just that McD is back to dominating play.

23 minutes a game and every possible minute of PP time.

Even will Pk to try for shorties.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...

With all the posts on trades/line combinations, Lindholm movement, Conroy evaluations, Dube distractions etc. not sure anyone cares too much and with Lindy gone it skews the rest of the year data but regardless here is end of January 2024.  Bleak times but hope end of summer going into next season things will be much more interesting.

Cross16 still has the current reigns overall with 27 points.

Go Flames!

UmzvaXqh.png

HSeH2pph.png

MHHV2Hum.pngiezI4NOm.pngDcYIqAym.png

• 4 weeks later...

Blah Blah does anyone care! , the big Z gone, Lindy gone, Tanev gone, and more to come.

Still here are the results after February, most predicted playoff spot, its still tight to make it but right now were all wondering where this team is heading.

Regardless die hard and will always cheer for the "C" of red flames home team.

Cross16 still has the lead by a horse head.

W5FfyaUh.png

Ow25kdAh.png

cross16 still in the overall lead with 30 points.

r0vBURTm.png6gK2YR8m.pnguRkoxbYm.png

Edited Feb. 2nd, Missed a point for (ThePeople1, Cross16, medatswhoP, redfire11, and  Ryan Man,) for goals on Kadri (tied with Sharky) added the point and will reflect after next month, thanks.

• Like 3