Free Agent Frenzy

conundrumed

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

Detroit was busy.

C/RW J.T. Compher 5 x $5.1

LW/RW Klim Kostin 2 x $2 (acquisition cost = $1.1 over 2yrs)

LW/RW Daniel Sprong 2x $2

G James Riemer 1 x $1.5

G Alex Lyon 2 x $900.000

RD Justin Holl 3 x $3.4

I'm not going to try to understand any of it.

I mean.....

Made a couple of good calls, then left the phone and his kids started making signing calls.

38 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I'm not big on the silly season, but if we plan on building a team just through trades, we best be getting some trades done this summer.

I think you may see a few moves in a few days or weeks, after teams fail to get their UFA’s and other trade bait options fall In place…Conroy is playing the patient game and he can…

Hanifin only wants to go because he wants to be in the USA…he’s been quoted as saying otherwise he’d be happy to stay long term in Cgy…he’s got Gaudreau family situation going on not anyone’s fault just that’s life…but Hanifin is not

pushing to leave asap so plenty of

time to move him same

with Backlund, Lindhom and anyone else is not a rush we can take out time get what we need for a solid return for whoever wants or needs to be traded this year.

17 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Detroit was busy.

C/RW J.T. Compher 5 x $5.1

LW/RW Klim Kostin 2 x $2 (acquisition cost = $1.1 over 2yrs)

LW/RW Daniel Sprong 2x $2

G James Riemer 1 x $1.5

G Alex Lyon 2 x $900.000

RD Justin Holl 3 x $3.4

I'm not going to try to understand any of it.

Easy filling vets in the lineup for the young players to learn form and to have bodies to

ice a team worth watching longest term is 5 years so not horrible 

The biggest problem is that no players want to come to Calgary right now through free agent market.  Also Calgary probably is the number 1 no trade destination for lot of players.  In that regard, you don’t have much to play with it.  So unless we fix this culture problem, this organisation is going no where.  They just refuse to rebuild, that’s the biggest mistake for this organisation.  I don’t think anybody new here is gonna making any difference, it’s still the old blood. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The_Tribal Chief said:

How come Calgarys cap space is only 2mil with looch off the cap and shouldn't they have more space

Huberdeau 6 mil to 10.5 mil

Weeger signed from? to 6 million

Sherangovich signed for 3 million

That's gotta be 10 million right there increase

53 minutes ago, crazyflames said:

The biggest problem is that no players want to come to Calgary right now through free agent market.  Also Calgary probably is the number 1 no trade destination for lot of players.  In that regard, you don’t have much to play with it.  So unless we fix this culture problem, this organisation is going no where.  They just refuse to rebuild, that’s the biggest mistake for this organisation.  I don’t think anybody new here is gonna making any difference, it’s still the old blood. 

It's a good thing that the Flames did nothing today.

There were tons of overpays, that's the way July 1 works.

Not having cap space was a blessing for the Flames.

3 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

It's a good thing that the Flames did nothing today.

There were tons of overpays, that's the way July 1 works.

Not having cap space was a blessing for the Flames.

I thought there could be a trade To make way for a deal. Maybe it's still coming, but I don't know if anyone has heard any rumours at all. Seems like there's not a market for our guys. Maybe once the dust settles and teams haven't got their guy? 

maybe the TDL is where the value is. But then the Flames have only dealt Glencross at the deadline, that I can recall, when in a race.

Does making the playoffs help guys decide to stay? 

3 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I thought there could be a trade To make way for a deal. Maybe it's still coming, but I don't know if anyone has heard any rumours at all. Seems like there's not a market for our guys. Maybe once the dust settles and teams haven't got their guy? 

maybe the TDL is where the value is. But then the Flames have only dealt Glencross at the deadline, that I can recall, when in a race.

Does making the playoffs help guys decide to stay? 

Conroy said there wasn't much trade chatter today. Which would make sense as the bidding for UFA's is typically time sensitive. Could pick up tomorrow or in the coming days.

I actually think playoffs have nothing to do with whether or not players want to stay. Look at Gaudreau. 115pts, played on the best line in hockey and played on one of the better teams in the league in his walk year. I know there were other factors at play too.

Two major risks if the Flames keep Hanifin and Lindholm this summer.

-Injury. 

- The team plays well. Then you can't sell at the deadline.

I'd be trading both this summer. Hanifin has made up his mind. Even if he starts the season here, he has one foot out the door. The fact that Lindholm hasn't given an answer is an answer IMO. They've reportedly have/would pay him 72m. The argument of a higher cap doesn't really apply to Lindholm, because I don't see any world where he would get more than 9 as a UFA, even with a higher cap. Trade both, look to get younger and go from there.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Cause Im Scared Emotional GIF - Cause Im Scared Im Scared Emotional -  Discover & Share GIFs

Christian Fischer is next. Would still only be up to 40 contracts. This may never end.lol

Wonder what the end game is....Load up on picks at tdl or more immediate trades.

I love me a good conspiracy theory.

To Detroit:

Lindolm

Hanifin

Backlund

Mangiapane

Tanev

Vladar

Lifetime tickets to the Calgary Stampede

To Calgary

Kasper

Compher

Berggren

Kostin

Sprong

Gostisbehere

Wallinder

Reimer

2024 1st and 2nd

10% in Detroit tigers stock, 3 zambonis from the Ford museum and lifetime memberships to the Motown museum.

And of course, future considerations.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, MP5029 said:

Easy filling vets in the lineup for the young players to learn form and to have bodies to

ice a team worth watching longest term is 5 years so not horrible 

Yeah they basically just stood up and said rebuild over.

Won't be instant but they are going to be an incredible force for years.   Even after this, don't expect them to give up picks.

6 hours ago, crazyflames said:

There is always a lot of talk on here about people waiting for the Flames organisation to tell us that they are rebuilding.

As if any rebuild was ever pre-announced from any organisation ever, or that the organisation even had a say in it.

imho, don't worry what the organisation says on the surface.   all organisations say they are trying to win lol.

Flames are at a certain phase right now, call it what you want, but it's a phase where often big-name free-agent signings become difficult.   That's a good thing, because the big-name free agent signings are usually not that great.

Soon, we'll be able to sign players who just want ice time and an opportunity.   Some great things can come out of that, even if they're not household names.