GM Craig Conroy

Thebrewcrew

32 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I like Arvidsson, but Not sure what he is worth.

I tend to agree about one year deals.

We have always tended to sign for too long and can't flip the player.

Pick up guys that can help and if they work out, decide if you want to get value or keep them.

Assuming they ain't too old.

I think of guys like Lybushkin. ANA was kinda tidy. They spent a 4th, he was good for them, flipped for a 3rd. They don't have to be big wins, just wins. Positive side of the ledger. Maybe a $5mil guy gets you a late 1st, $3mil guy gets you a 2nd. Cost analysis for people smarter than me.

I have great faith that Conny and Iggy put their heads together, and we'll be fine. The other 31 teams aren't dumb. Wins come in small doses. It takes a looong time to put a managing structure into place. You can't change mgrs and impose the same restrictions on them and expect change.

Even CNRL might, maybe, hopefully recognize that. This is where I become doubtful, sadly.

Chances of me applauding CNRL, as a company, are slim to none, and slim just left town.

So that bias sucks, but it's real. There are oil companies, then there are Apache-level dirty af companies. Just sayin'.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I think of guys like Lybushkin. ANA was kinda tidy. They spent a 4th, he was good for them, flipped for a 3rd. They don't have to be big wins, just wins. Positive side of the ledger. Maybe a $5mil guy gets you a late 1st, $3mil guy gets you a 2nd. Cost analysis for people smarter than me.

I have great faith that Conny and Iggy put their heads together, and we'll be fine. The other 31 teams aren't dumb. Wins come in small doses. It takes a looong time to put a managing structure into place. You can't change mgrs and impose the same restrictions on them and expect change.

Even CNRL might, maybe, hopefully recognize that. This is where I become doubtful, sadly.

Chances of me applauding CNRL, as a company, are slim to none, and slim just left town.

So that bias sucks, but it's real. There are oil companies, then there are Apache-level dirty af companies. Just sayin'.

Owners look for profit in everything they do, unless the books need to be cooked for a year or two.  I don't know who the other 31 are so no real comment otherwise.

Maybe BT only ever looked at 2 year minimum signings or that's all he could get signed.  Mind you, that was for the players he targeted.  Rodrigues was a one year guy for a few years, then signed for one in COL.  FLA waied and signed him for a few years.  Who did we target?  Rooney for 2 years.  Yes, the big prize was Kadri, but the big names are just part of it.  We saw players get scooped from the waiver wire and we were nowhere to be found.  Forsling....

Anyway, I do hope we start with one year signings.  Tired of the long term, gotta buy em out deals.  Rooney was fine in Y2, but what a waste that was as a UFA move.  2  Years couldn't give him away.