Sure is lonely here on the Bandwagon. Where is everyone???

DirtyDeeds

59 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

When we got Hubie, Weegar and Kadri I placed my arse firmly on the wagon, they have depth and all that was required was AVERAGE.  I think none of us expected below NHL goaltending and D breakdowns, to this level. Then we have the major adjustment of Hubie, and Weegar to the systems. The media crap with Kadri, Pelts, and Sutter. This club seemed to start down a dark hole and continued to dig in the wrong direction till it imploded. We have very very good complimentary players, we lack that star offensive guy.  

Kadri's actions in the CHI game IMHO were inexcusable. They were an absolute embarrassment to the organization, players, and fans. Trevling spent way too much for him. Both he and Sutter praise the man about he brings it every night, never in question, classless. If Kadri wanted to make a statement about how bad it is on the ice was not the way to do it. Kadri did more damage to himself now than Sutter ever could have. Kadri is a very good hockey player I must add but his character now comes into question.

This off season is going to be a hot mess, how deep they dig into the trash bag is yet to be determined. 

The biggest question mark this summer was whether we would see the implosion in nets like we did in the Oiler series.  If nothing changed in coaching, that was the biggest risk.  Success of the new players after losing the stars was secondary.  Last year we had a 10 game winning streak that made us a playoff team where this year we managed 4 in a row.  Lack of scoring is not the issue as much as goals against.

Kadri has some issues with his decision making.  He is like Tkachuk in that he will act sometimes without thinking.  Ask Toronto about the playoffs or maybe some of his playoff games with COL.

Do you recall some questionable play from Tkachuk where he game up on plays he could have impacted?  Or a hissy fit that divided the team for months?

Anyway, the decision making for this summer will be interesting.  Not enough cap to keep everyone we have already signed to 2023/24 and add 2 more F.  We have a roster of overpaid middling players.  Some should maybe be traded.  Key decisions about Lindholm and whether we really see a future with Hanifin.  Are the soldiers like Tanev and Coleman the types that win championships?  Or only if you are already that level?  Are we content with Backlund, a notorious slow starter or Is there value in trading him now?  

Key in those decisions is what we are doing with the coaching staff.  No change means we add or keep the grinding types.  Bring back Ritchie, keep the kids on the farm or sit them.

Little change to the players and style from this year.  Goaltending becomes the lynch pin again.

A change to coaching means we may see a re-tool and gravitate towards speed and skill.

I have become a bit less excited with this team because the moves always only deal outside the core.  Not since the Hamilton trade or even the trade using Hamilton have we seen a major change to the core.  Last year we had a change forced on us by players wanting to leave.

This summer has to be a serious view of what the core should be made of and the style we chose to stick with.  Does that style win regular season and playoffs.  Do we have the right players long term.  

I wonder, what is the record against teams in the playoffs and then against teams out of the playoffs. 

I think a few weeks ago the radio crew asked Sutter why it was poor Vs. Teams out of the playoffs. He said, we aren't a playoff team at the moment.... 

that is why this team isn't a playoff team. They get up for good teams and take the bad teams lightly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

The biggest question mark this summer was whether we would see the implosion in nets like we did in the Oiler series.  If nothing changed in coaching, that was the biggest risk.  Success of the new players after losing the stars was secondary.  Last year we had a 10 game winning streak that made us a playoff team where this year we managed 4 in a row.  Lack of scoring is not the issue as much as goals against.

Kadri has some issues with his decision making.  He is like Tkachuk in that he will act sometimes without thinking.  Ask Toronto about the playoffs or maybe some of his playoff games with COL.

Do you recall some questionable play from Tkachuk where he game up on plays he could have impacted?  Or a hissy fit that divided the team for months?

Anyway, the decision making for this summer will be interesting.  Not enough cap to keep everyone we have already signed to 2023/24 and add 2 more F.  We have a roster of overpaid middling players.  Some should maybe be traded.  Key decisions about Lindholm and whether we really see a future with Hanifin.  Are the soldiers like Tanev and Coleman the types that win championships?  Or only if you are already that level?  Are we content with Backlund, a notorious slow starter or Is there value in trading him now?  

Key in those decisions is what we are doing with the coaching staff.  No change means we add or keep the grinding types.  Bring back Ritchie, keep the kids on the farm or sit them.

Little change to the players and style from this year.  Goaltending becomes the lynch pin again.

A change to coaching means we may see a re-tool and gravitate towards speed and skill.

I have become a bit less excited with this team because the moves always only deal outside the core.  Not since the Hamilton trade or even the trade using Hamilton have we seen a major change to the core.  Last year we had a change forced on us by players wanting to leave.

This summer has to be a serious view of what the core should be made of and the style we chose to stick with.  Does that style win regular season and playoffs.  Do we have the right players long term.  

100% disagree Kadri's lack of disrespect for the team, organization, and fans was disgracefully displayed in the last game. Frankly, I am not the only one questioning this:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

100% disagree Kadri's lack of disrespect for the team, organization, and fans was disgracefully displayed in the last game. Frankly, I am not the only one questioning this:

Should have been traded immediately for picks/prospects.

Problem is how do you even offload a contract like that.

34 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

Whatever.  Guys in the know that don't even have a clue about what's said in the room.  They rely on Servalli to tell them how much Sutter is hated.  And that Kadri is the one from the team that has to go talk to Sutter about how bad the coaching is.  This is just noise.  Clickbait.

Fans are as fickle as they come.  Excitement to get Neal.  Run him out of town.  Who is the new goat to hang the horns on.  Oh, let's pick Kadri.  Made a lousy play in a game.  Run him out of town.  Oops, he scored a game winning goal in an important game.  He's the best.  Gaudreau is the best.  He wants out?  Scumbag.  

Eric Francis and you agree on something.  Good for you.  You and the loudmouth find something to rant about guy.  Did you watch the entire sequence leading up to the first giveaway?  Zadorov went for a hit with absolutely no good reason to do it.  That left him completely out of the play, which he should have been the one going back for the puck.  That's when the goalie lets the D know there is back pressure.  But single out the guy you hate.  No issues, we all do it from time to time.  Where was the stellar goaltending and high scoring in that CHI game?  We dominate the 2nd period and have one goal out of it.  Regardless of how bad Kadri was on the 4th goal, the goalie was putrid on it.  Why is Ritchie there?  Duehr has been 10X better but only gets 8 minutes because he's needed to make the 4th line look good.  

I would suggest that there is more than one problem with this team.  The fact that we were outside the playoffs at game 78 is huge.  Is Kadri the reason why we are in that spot?  Doubt it.  I can list 3 problems that have been there the entire season and are the reason why we will likely miss the playoffs.  By more than 2 points.

57 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

Should have been traded immediately for picks/prospects.

Problem is how do you even offload a contract like that.

We can trade Backlund for that.  Maybe Tanev.  Markstrom doesn't even have a good year, so that's a tough sell.  

5 hours ago, tmac70 said:

I'm not sure if Kadri ever wanted to be here in the first place.  He blocked a trade to Calgary way back in the day.  He didn't want to sign with us early in the summer and wanted to go back to COL who made no attempt to clear cap space for him.  And only after he exhausted all other avenues, he took the Flames offer because it was the most money he can get... And in my opinion, the only offer remaining on the table at the 11th hour before the season began.

Some say "Kadri signed long term here with a NMC so therefore he wants to finish his career here"... Maybe.  Or maybe it was just the best financial decision he could make under the circumstances.  By no means did he take less money to sign here because he really wanted to be here.

43 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I'm not sure if Kadri ever wanted to be here in the first place.  He blocked a trade to Calgary way back in the day.  He didn't want to sign with us early in the summer and wanted to go back to COL who made no attempt to clear cap space for him.  And only after he exhausted all other avenues, he took the Flames offer because it was the most money he can get... And in my opinion, the only offer remaining on the table at the 11th hour before the season began.

Some say "Kadri signed long term here with a NMC so therefore he wants to finish his career here"... Maybe.  Or maybe it was just the best financial decision he could make under the circumstances.  By no means did he take less money to sign here because he really wanted to be here.

a NMC also basically gives him a say as to how he is dealt if that route is needed.

4 hours ago, The_People1 said:

What did Kadri know about Kadri?  Not a lot, he had to talk to Makar about the city.  Makar convinced him it was a nice place.  I think he found out early on that COL had issues with anything long term.  And the team's ability to shed salary was basically non-existent.  Maybe you clear Johnson for one year, but next year would be far different.  MacKinnon needed to re-sign long term.   Just re-signed Nichushkin before he went UFA.

Why he decided to come here is unknown.  We were interested.  He was getting an offer.  Lots of rumors he was going elsewhere and we were just mentioned as being interested for the majority of the time.  I really think that the NMC was to limit trades during his best remaining years.  He may have had better money but shorter terms.   

I do think he is one of the vocal ones that hate playing for Sutter.  I believe there are quite a few and maybe there is some tension with Lucic and Lewis.  I don't think Toffoli cares, since he has a relationship with the coach from way back.  He had success before and really knows what Sutter is talking about when he says two words to the team.  Others may be fed up with it, ones that played for him last year.  If your decisions work, then you put up with it.  When the same things are done but the results are not or appear to be really pointless, then you question.