GDT - Calgary @ Arizona - 03/14/2023

pikey7883

We can’t bring up too many from the minors as the Wranglers are in the thick of things. BT wants his extension so he can’t tank for the higher draft capital. Lose this game and they might as well just leave the remaining 28 pts off the table, it’s just not the time for this team right now. 

Just now, rickross said:

We can’t bring up too many from the minors as the Wranglers are in the thick of things. BT wants his extension so he can’t tank for the higher draft capital. Lose this game and they might as well just leave the remaining 28 pts off the table, it’s just not the time for this team right now. 

No, I was thinking the Wranglers are a much more exciting team to follow.

If they were on TV (free), I would just watch them.

18 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

No, I was thinking the Wranglers are a much more exciting team to follow.

If they were on TV (free), I would just watch them.

Oh yeah I got what you were saying, my post wasn’t in reference to your Wranglers shout outs, I hadn’t even seen your post yet. I was just saying there is no real fix for this team. The Wranglers have been the far better team and success story this year. Not even close 

BAHAHA all you can do is laugh at this point. So you are in desperation mode and this is the best effort you can put forth against a club that you gifted 2 men to. For whatever reason, these players are just not getting it done, they just don't have the drive or moxie to play with energy.  Mags hits the corners last year this year has the award for center hits on the logo of the goalie. Hey, on the bright side, we didn't hit any posts tonight. Just a really bad season really bad on all accounts. 

Any talk of the Flames and playoffs is a waste of breath. They've played 68 games and only won 30 of them. Tonight is another in a long list of bad losses.

They just aren't a good enough team this year. 1 of 4pts against ANA and ARI in the past couple games. Two organizations that aren't even trying to win this year. Can't happen when you're in the spot the Flames are.

There's zero indication that this team can win 11 of their next 14 games. 

Can't say I understand the game plan.

Must win to keep the hopes alive.

Tied going into the 3rd.

Get down a goal, but roll 4 lines like there is no problem.

Tie it up, roll lines.

End of the night, 2nd line average 14 minutes, 4th line 11 minutes.

It doesn't look like many are fighting for jobs.

Coach looks like he's secure.

Pelletier and Duehr and Dube bring it.

Others look like they disconnected their brain from their hands.

3 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Valimaki was celebrating the OT goal like they won the Stanley Cup.

3 players thumbing their nose at Sutter.

They may be on a crappy team, but what's the point of being in the NHL if you don't play.

Frankly, I would rather work with a raw Valimaki than a fully formed Hanifin.

You get good and bad with Valimaki, but he will figure it out.

Good old Hanifin covering the 2 on 1 doing a Russell Starfish.

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

That OT goal was on Pelletier though.  He left his man at the blueline when Kadri was already there on the forecheck... Sutter protecting Pelletier in the post game interview blaming Kadri.

Well actually he did call out Pelletier.

Was his man, he can't go.

I wasn't implying it was Hanifin's fault.

He does enough right and enough wrong; don't need to focus on the starfish.

Unfortunately, by going down, he took himself off the player that scored.

17 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

I was hoping someone would have the nerve to say that Valimaki was in on the GWG, how much has he improved?

he has 26 points this year, as a defensemen! 4 less than Hanifin. 6 more points than Weegar. 12 more than Zadorov. 13 more than Tanev...

the point is....

and he's only a -6 on a losing team. Maybe he is getting sheltered?

Went to bed after the 1st thinking, "I'm not staying up until 1am for an OT loss...

But Keller's 2nd goal via highlights reminded me of how his edgework reminded me of Gaudreau in Keller's draft year. *don't look at his skates don't look at his skates* "dammit I looked at his skates".

Not gonna harp much on the loss. Just get out there and play river hockey. Nothing left to lose. Just have fun and be entertaining, it's been 65 games of watching misery-on-ice.

Deploy this method Sutter

9f7dd2e27cc8aa3a50960e16ff0b23a391c7406e