GDT Wild @ Flames March 4/22 8pm Start

DirtyDeeds

53 minutes ago, DirtyDeeds said:

A couple years ago, I went to see Conversations with Nick Cave, and my wife and I were strolling around the theatre lobby where we were approached by a man that asked where we were sitting. Naturally, it was somewhere at the back. He asked if we'd like to watch the show from the stage, and there's really only one answer to that question.

Anyway, Elvis Costello was at that show, too, and he received a standing ovation of his own when Nick Cave recognized him in the audience. It was pretty cool. He played some really great tunes solo including Stagger Lee, but I've always been really partial to Jubilee Street. I'm up there somewhere.

Love.

• Like 5

Great job on the GDT as always Deeds...   +1's...   🍺🍺

The Flames really need to start winning some games and putting some more points in the win column...   But everyone here already knows that...   

I'll be cheering for them to turn things around by getting on a good streak starting with beating the Wild tonight...

GO FLAMES!!!

A win and we should load up on trades.

Oh wait, too late for that.

A win gets the players on the ice a chance again to play on the same line.

A loss should be a 180 degree overhaul.

We have given these lines way too long to deliver.

I'm not even sure a win should keep them together.

Home ice advantage.

That means looking at matchups, not just counting one to four.

Do we not have analytics for the purpose of seeing where the issues are beyond the eye test?

I mean, we have a dominant team at times, so how is that being skewered?

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

A win and we should load up on trades.

Oh wait, too late for that.

A win gets the players on the ice a chance again to play on the same line.

A loss should be a 180 degree overhaul.

We have given these lines way too long to deliver.

I'm not even sure a win should keep them together.

Home ice advantage.

That means looking at matchups, not just counting one to four.

Do we not have analytics for the purpose of seeing where the issues are beyond the eye test?

I mean, we have a dominant team at times, so how is that being skewered?

I believe a good team is one that can play good all of the time. Maybe not dominant. 

There is always going to be pushback from opponents. Of course, I am not saying anything new. 

For me, a good team plays good all the time. They are up for the game and don't take time off. 

What I say about the previous playoffs is, at least they looked like they were skating. SO, with that in mind, I want them to be skating and trying. But I don't want passes being bumbled and fumbled. Guys look like they're skating on cardboard slow, etc, not shoot from everywhere else than in good spots to score. Maybe Nick will go to the slot... 

It looks like they need to keep teams to 1 goal in order to win most nights though. 

6 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

A couple years ago, I went to see Conversations with Nick Cave, and my wife and I were strolling around the theatre lobby where we were approached by a man that asked where we were sitting. Naturally, it was somewhere at the back. He asked if we'd like to watch the show from the stage, and there's really only one answer to that question.

Anyway, Elvis Costello was at that show, too, and he received a standing ovation of his own when Nick Cave recognized him in the audience. It was pretty cool. He played some really great tunes solo including Stagger Lee, but I've always been really partial to Jubilee Street. I'm up there somewhere.

Love.

Your story bought back memories of something that happened to me a long time ago.  Back in my Oilfield days I was driving home from up north in snow and blizzard conditions. After 10 hours driving I was passing through Edmonton. Was tired and hungry so decided to stop overnight at the tall hotel on south side of city. Think it is Ramada now... So went into lounge and ordered some food. They had some live entertainment and when lady singer came out I thought "she looks familiar".  Soon as she started to sing I knew exactly why.... Dionne Warwick.

It gets better .. not only was this famous singer in a tiny little lounge in Edmonton on a snowy winter night but about half way through the set she says... I would like to ask a good friend to join me onstage for a few songs together...  I'm thinking who would she be finding a friend in Edmonton to sing with her in a lounge..... Joe Cocker steps up on stage... I was floored and they performed so well that I think of that as one of my all time best concerts/performances.

I did not usually stop when doing long drives. In over 30 years of oilfield work maybe 3 times? counting this time....

• Like 2

This game is so typical.  Hiberdeau has a lane in the slot, and passes it to Kadri on the wing.

Kadri was shocked it came to him and miffed it, but it was in his feet.

The hockey IQ seems to have waned.  Shoot when you have nothing on a 2 on 1.

Pass when your best option is a shoot.

Getting tiring watching this team night after night, everyone has an opinion but the more I watch the more I'm really tired of Sutter, I truly believe this club needs a new leader to manage this team behind the bench. Just because its "Sutter" by name shouldn't mean he can't or should be terminated. This team is not that bad on paper, just on the ice with poor game management game after game.  Markstrom shows up the team doesnt, the team shows up then the goalie doesnt show up. Like wtf its really sad.

There., that's my rant for the day... dare I say "Go Flames"!