GDT Wild @ Flames March 4/22 8pm Start

DirtyDeeds

This game is playing out as it should be, real boring. This just goes to show how ineffective Calgary is in the offensive zone. Zero potency, and did Ron just say we haven’t come from behind to win a game in the 3rd period the entire season? Not once!? This team has had no traction at all this season, really can’t think of any positive momentum they’ve sustained…didn’t even reach a 4 game win streak yet. Tough sledding since the puck dropped in October. This upcoming off-season could be just as intense as the last one 

4 minutes ago, rickross said:

This game is playing out as it should be, real boring. This just goes to show how ineffective Calgary is in the offensive zone. Zero potency, and did Ron just say we haven’t come from behind to win a game in the 3rd period the entire season? Not once!? This team has had no traction at all this season, really can’t think of any positive momentum they’ve sustained…didn’t even reach a 4 game win streak yet. Tough sledding since the puck dropped in October. This upcoming off-season could be just as intense as the last one 

They managed an OTL or 2.

Last year MT, JG, Lindy, Anderson, Kylington, Markstrom, Mags, Hanfin, Gubranson and Vladar all had their best seasons ever. The remaining players have been below average-this season. So if you go from having your best season to below average without changing the systems or coaches, what's changed? For me the major issue difference is we have no one that pulls players into the battle. Really the only game that showed a spirit or emotions was the NY game. There is no passion or intensity anymore with this club, Sad season to watch

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

Last year MT, JG, Lindy, Anderson, Kylington, Markstrom, Mags, Hanfin, Gubranson and Vladar all had their best seasons ever. The remaining players have been below average-this season. So if you go from having your best season to below average without changing the systems or coaches, what's changed? For me the major issue difference is we have no one that pulls players into the battle. Really the only game that showed a spirit or emotions was the NY game. There is no passion or intensity anymore with this club, Sad season to watch

Well put, three key components to this:

• Skill, (we do have the skill, like I mentioned earlier on paper we should be better then what our season looks)
  • Knowledge (Definitely have the knowledge to make the NHL as a career and each player knows what it takes to be successful)
  • Desire this is the problem .. This is what is completely lacking , its a team effort to pull on each other, call yourself and others out. However this starts from leadership. This includes everyone behind the bench not wearing a jersey, as well not having a team captain also contributes to lack of push.

I truly hope off season something gets done.

7 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

Well, the same coaches exist.  Markstrom plays a lot different than he did last season, so it could be the goalie coach making adjustments.

Staying with the same gameplan when you lose 200 points from players perhaps is a bit odd.  

We went from playing a skill game to crash and bang, dump and chase.  Is that the same system?

The lines have shown to be bad, but we haven't changed anything since Pelletier played his first game.

Before that it was Lucic on the 2nd line.

2nd year without a captain.  Who is the leader?  Backlund?  Tanev?  Lucic?  Lewis?  

9 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

Sutter was brought in to instill discipline, he likes his head games with the players as it’s suppose to bring out that passion and intensity. It’s gone this year, I know that 1st line drove most of the play last year but this is supposed to be a team sport! You’re right, it’s like we have too many spare parts, let alone the wrong tools. This team just doesn’t have any star players anymore 

15 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Well, the same coaches exist.  Markstrom plays a lot different than he did last season, so it could be the goalie coach making adjustments.

Staying with the same gameplan when you lose 200 points from players perhaps is a bit odd.  

We went from playing a skill game to crash and bang, dump and chase.  Is that the same system?

The lines have shown to be bad, but we haven't changed anything since Pelletier played his first game.

Before that it was Lucic on the 2nd line.

2nd year without a captain.  Who is the leader?  Backlund?  Tanev?  Lucic?  Lewis?  

There isn't one you had one and he left. The best choice for the C was MT, I truely believe give him the C ans he stays. 

12 minutes ago, rickross said:

Sutter was brought in to instill discipline, he likes his head games with the players as it’s suppose to bring out that passion and intensity. It’s gone this year, I know that 1st line drove most of the play last year but this is supposed to be a team sport! You’re right, it’s like we have too many spare parts, let alone the wrong tools. This team just doesn’t have any star players anymore 

Sutter was brough in to change the culture, which I have no issues with the systems or the effort most nights. I will say I have some issues with how the lines are but when your left with crap to coach from the GM there isn't much you can do. Is Tre the worst GM no but he sure isn't a rock star either he is average. Man I remeber this club was a monster and beast to play agaisnt, physical in your face grinding hockey. This franchise is a so far from being what it was, so far. 

Currently this year we are the biggest dissappoint in the NHL by a long shot. Really an honour we shouldn't be proud of. 

4 minutes ago, rickross said:

I’m not even mad if they lose the last 20 games at this point. Inject some excitement and potential into the future of this team

I will take the 22nd standings placement.

This has to be the most boring style of hockey I have seen in many many years.

What would you call it?  Dump and chase?  Shoot from the boards?  Pass it until you lose the puck?

But, hey we are a possession team.  And we have the most cup rings for a non cup winner.

Thos rings are awesome.  You can see that high level of hockey from several of them.

They knew what it took to win a cup (on a well coached team).