2023 Calgary Flames NHL Draft

Thebrewcrew

4 minutes ago, The_Tribal Chief said:

Ettienne morin

I'm good with this.   I like it.

Really would have liked some RHS players in the first 2 rounds but probably would have required trades if we wanted them and bpa.

I think Etienne was under-rated for some reason.  Maybe because LHS defenceman not over 6 feet tall. Dunno.

He's a high-ceiling player and that's what I wanted.      He's a defenceman, I wanted that too.

Just now, travel_dude said:

Check the Elite Prospects link.

It tells you as much as I know.

72 points in 67 games (21 goals there).

That's pretty decent.

The Q league tends to be a scoring legue, but still.

I think that has changed over the years. The OHL is more the high scoring league nowadays. The Q is less the high flying league that used to be, now it’s more of a grinding game, though the defensemen do tend to lead the offense for a lot of the teams.

Just now, jjgallow said:

I'm good with this.   I like it.

Really would have liked some RHS players in the first 2 rounds but probably would have required trades if we wanted them and bpa.

I think Etienne was under-rated for some reason.  Maybe because LHS defenceman not over 6 feet tall. Dunno.

He's a high-ceiling player and that's what I wanted.      He's a defenceman, I wanted that too.

Nothing much to complain about the pick.  See if he's on TC radar.

Maybe he gets traded out of Moncton.

I really like that pick. Dmen who likes to shoot and join the offence. 

Very much like the Porier pick. Offensive upside but gotta teach him D, but if you do you've got something I think.

I'm a big believer in you can't teach offense but you can teach D so that's why I really like this profile. Think its how you grab high ceiling players later in drafts. 

but I would have preferred Dragicevic

Just now, The_Tribal Chief said:

they goto det for future considerations why i said basically nothing

Yammo had zero value to other teams.

This is a decent pickup for DET because they can offer Kostin more.

EDM gets cap space, which they need to have a full roster.

3 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I did hear they Flames were talking Sanheim yesterday and it didn't come from Eklund. 

Sanheim only makes sense if it's part of a deal sending Hanifin and something else for Sanheim and something else.  We can't take on salary for the sake of a trade.

Just now, Heartbreaker said:

This draft making anyone else feel really old? Like, we all talk about 2004 like it happened recently... these effin' kids weren't even born yet!

Love.

That's okay.  I never used to even follow the draft, other than the top players IF they managed to play here