Canadian @ flames

The_Tribal Chief

Honestly deserved a better fate. They played a pretty solid game overal. Allen was very good and the flames are just not executing at a high level. 

I think that game wins more often than not and I think the flames generated enough quality to win but they also fumbled quite a few opportunities too. 

just think there’s still too much thinking going on. They arnt playing relaxed or with a lot of confidence. 

Just now, cross16 said:

Honestly deserved a better fate. They played a pretty solid game overal. Allen was very good and the flames are just not executing at a high level. 

I think that game wins more often than not and I think the flames generated enough quality to win but they also fumbled quite a few opportunities too. 

just think there’s still too much thinking going on. They arnt playing relaxed or with a lot of confidence. 

Totally agree!  Relaxed means reacting quickly!  Too many times tonight, we’ve seen what should have been a “quick release” type of shot stopped and pondered long enough to allow Campbell to set and stop the shot.

7 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

how so? They puck got knocked off the puck those times? 

By Allen. He made good plays. Doesn’t meant it wasn’t a good opportunity to score or create a rebound. 

if a team is going to give yon a free pass to put the puck on net and create something I don’t see why you wouldn’t want to take it. 

51 minutes ago, taz89 said:

I bet the Oilers would take him over Cambell right now...

Vancouver would probably rather him than Demko now, most nights Montreal would take him over Allen.  We're not alone with goaltending being sub-par and quite average, don't have the firepower to overcome it.  The Darryl Sutter coached team that finished top 10 in goals for and top 5 against was an anomaly.  This is a return Darryl Sutter hockey and his teams can't win if they are in the middle of the pack in goals against. 

@conundrumed This Allen guy seems to only like to show up against your teams

image.png.6b0f9ac744f0396769877111bf176b04.png

• Like 1

Good to see the bench shortened, but no way in heck Lucic (7:50) should have 3 minutes more than Ritchie (4:50).  But as far as the goalie is concerned, 2 goals is not the end of the world.  On 19 shots that doesn't look good, but we need to be able to score more than one goal.  Dicking around on four PP's. 20 passes to one shot.  

Going to be a challenge, but I think the biggest thing is to not overreact to that game. They played well and I think there are a lot of positives to take from the game. This was a game where they generated enough both in terms of quantity and quality to win the game so this wasn't an element of shots being misleading. Allen was very good and the biggest reason the Flames didn't get any points. They flames got bodies to the net, they got traffic they went to hard areas, they did a lot of things you want them to do, Allen was just better.  High danger chances were 14-4 a 5 on 5 and 19-6 overall. Shot quality wasn't the issue. 

Just gotta keep building off of this and I think it will come. The foundation is starting to get there for them in terms of the style of game they want to play and I think what is really missing right now is the swagger/confidence of them knowing they can get it done. Your just not seeing that up and down their lineup right now.