Canadian @ flames

The_Tribal Chief

The frustrating part for me is that we are scoring at a rate where we need flawless goaltending.  I know Markstrom wasn't exactly tested much, but he only let in one stinker.  That goal 13 seconds in was the difference in this game.  We need to stop losing 1 goal games, but we get scored on every mistake that happens.  A bad pinch.  A forced play through the middle.  Puck off shinpads coming back.  

This should be a building game.  Some positive signs, but no reward for it.  The goalie is frustrated.  We went to the net but didn't get many sticks on pucks there.  Guys like Lindholm, Kadri, Huberdeau, Ruzicka should be parking themselves there.  But they seem to be more involved in passing from the fringes.  If they aren't the right guys to be there, we may be too soft on the wings.  I don't know.

2 hours ago, cross16 said:

Going to be a challenge, but I think the biggest thing is to not overreact to that game. They played well and I think there are a lot of positives to take from the game. This was a game where they generated enough both in terms of quantity and quality to win the game so this wasn't an element of shots being misleading. Allen was very good and the biggest reason the Flames didn't get any points. They flames got bodies to the net, they got traffic they went to hard areas, they did a lot of things you want them to do, Allen was just better.  High danger chances were 14-4 a 5 on 5 and 19-6 overall. Shot quality wasn't the issue. 

Just gotta keep building off of this and I think it will come. The foundation is starting to get there for them in terms of the style of game they want to play and I think what is really missing right now is the swagger/confidence of them knowing they can get it done. Your just not seeing that up and down their lineup right now. 

it was one of the better games I've seen them play. The first goal set the tone early but the team responded after and I do think outplayed, but it wasnt like Montreal didn't come to play. For a lower end PP their PP looked good against us. That PP goal, everyone left their positions to chase the puck. 

but overall, I liked that they were getting it in and on net. There were still a few times a pass should have been a shot or vice versa... 

Markstrom played well in the end but who knows what the outcome would be had he not made the bad play on the first goal? I guess that's what the multi-verse is for? 

I still want to see them get to the dirty areas. Last night seemed like the rebounds just didn't go their way but like I said earlier, I was pleased with the direction of the game. 

others have said that there is just something off with the line makeups, and I agree and it makes it hard to watch. 

29 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

I still want to see them get to the dirty areas. Last night seemed like the rebounds just didn't go their way but like I said earlier, I was pleased with the direction of the game. 

others have said that there is just something off with the line makeups, and I agree and it makes it hard to watch. 

Well, I don't think we have the people to score in the dirty areas.

Or at least we aren't using them in that role.

Guys like Mange and Dube score on clean shots.

Kadri creates some havoc but the other guys are a bit light to battle in there.

Toffoli is a good first shot player or getting a shot off a free rebound.

Rozie is creating the rebounds but Backlund is missing the net too often.

Coleman seems to be getting tied up too much.

Lucic has the size to be able to clean up crap but he has no hands.

Anyway, good game except for the score and the free gift.

That was awesome watching Sean Monahan come back to the Dome.

Was hoping he would've scored a hatty, and he had chances to do it.

The fans gave him the appreciation that was well deserved.

Can't help but think MTL was a benefactor of our demise, he looked like a natural in a Habs jersey.

We give a 1st rd pick to MTL to take our captain for one year minimum..... he was never officially given our captaincy, but he was our captain. 

I get the reason why BT did the trade or lack thereof, but....

At worst or best, MTL keeps SM long term at a cap friendly salary to be a 1st or 2nd line center, maybe they flip him for another 1st come TDL, but what a terrific hockey move by MTL.

All the best to SM, can't wait to watch him raise a Cup somewhere down the road.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, CheersMan said:

That was awesome watching Sean Monahan come back to the Dome.

Was hoping he would've scored a hatty, and he had chances to do it.

The fans gave him the appreciation that was well deserved.

Can't help but think MTL was a benefactor of our demise, he looked like a natural in a Habs jersey.

We give a 1st rd pick to MTL to take our captain for one year minimum..... he was never officially given our captaincy, but he was our captain. 

I get the reason why BT did the trade or lack thereof, but....

At worst or best, MTL keeps SM long term at a cap friendly salary to be a 1st or 2nd line center, maybe they flip him for another 1st come TDL, but what a terrific hockey move by MTL.

All the best to SM, can't wait to watch him raise a Cup somewhere down the road.

it was good to see him more mobile. I hope he can stay healthy. 

53 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

it was good to see him more mobile. I hope he can stay healthy. 

I wonder where he ends up next season.

Contract years can help set you up, but he's not going to get $7M +.

Even if he wanted to come back, I doubt we could afford him.

Not saying he doesn't want to, but I wonder where he really wants to go.

CBJ to play with his buddy?

MTL which is a dog's breakfast for English players?

6 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

where is that, "make a gameday thread"?

I have time, but no clue.lol

There used to be a thread that had the instructions "pinned" but that disappeared when the site as restructured.

If you want to get the lines, you can go to Dailyfaceoff.com and copy paste the lines.  Starting goalies are in there as well.  I know Vladar is starting for us.  

20 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

There used to be a thread that had the instructions "pinned" but that disappeared when the site as restructured.

If you want to get the lines, you can go to Dailyfaceoff.com and copy paste the lines.  Starting goalies are in there as well.  I know Vladar is starting for us.  

Not good enough.lol DDDeeeeeeeeds...I know he uses gyazo and I'm a tiny bit familiar. I think he needs to post the "how to" again!:)