GDT - Predators @ FLAMES - Thurs 3 November 2022.

rocketdoctor

Team is just really flat. Over thinking it, looking pass instead of shot, reaching for pucks. Just a team that is not feeling it nor mentally sharp. Huberdeau doesn’t let a shot go from that far out if he’s feeling good about things.

hopefully a road trip can give them some energy because that’s what missing right now. It happens. 

16 minutes ago, cross16 said:

It has nothing to do with the results of the game but flames need to go back to the lines from the start of the year. 

this has definetly not worked and has looked brutal doing it. 

Thank you. I don't know what point Sutter was trying to make, but it was a terrible decision at the time and it shows.

Have to say the line changes are not working any better then when the season started.  The absolute right now is A need for a right wing, Toffoli started well but life dies on his stick now.  Top line need a speedy playmaker to take eyes off Hubie.  Keep The DNA line together; it was effective and productive.  
what is the problem with the defense?  One player change from last year more or less, and it totally collapses!!  
Right now, as I see it, the 2 most effective people are Kadri and Mangepane, and even they’re being shut down!  Things gotta change!!

This team needs to get on the road and play some away games, change in complete dynamics should wake them up, im confident they can turn this around we are a better team then what the last few games indicate, need a win to get that confidence back and some hard a$$ minutes with some physical play.

11 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

Calm down Chicken Little its only the 9th game and theyre still over 500.

Listen, there's nothing more than I would like is to be wrong but everyone's entitled to an opinion, no need to be calling people names.

Better 3rd but this team just needs to find a way to play with some energy here. You expect chemistry issues and you expect mistakes but the lack of energy has to the most frustrating for the coaching staff I would say. 

Devils are gonna stomp them if they come out flat on Saturday 

Just now, Thebrewcrew said:

Two backups and a 4th string goalie have beat the Flames in the past three games. 

Those are points you need to have. 

To be fair, Edmontons backup is outplaying the starter big time and Saros hasn't been as good this year and the team scored enough on Daccord that they should've won.

I get the frustration, but look around the league the powers of the Central last year are all .500 or worse in the same amount of games or more than the Flames, meanwhile Chicago who is supposed to be playing for Bedard are in a playoff spot.  Add in Florida, Toronto, Pittsburgh, a lot of teams looking bad now will be in control of their fate by January and some that look good now will be planning their deadline sell off.

• Like 1

Didn't catch the game was the D that bad? Was it all the D or just a few pairings, I know Sutter mentioned it that they need to man up and paly tougher. Not sure who mentioned it but the trend I see this season is a lot of poor decisions by the D not just one guy. Last year the transition out of the zone was quick and efficent. You can't tell me Gubranson is that missed or Kylington are the cogs to drive the engine. There are 2 mildly concerning issues is the lack of compete in this group, chemistry and prospects stepping up. How bad was Mackey in this one, see a few comments about him. Sad none of this younger guys have the drive to get to the next level

10 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

Didn't catch the game was the D that bad? Was it all the D or just a few pairings, I know Sutter mentioned it that they need to man up and paly tougher. Not sure who mentioned it but the trend I see this season is a lot of poor decisions by the D not just one guy. Last year the transition out of the zone was quick and efficent. You can't tell me Gubranson is that missed or Kylington are the cogs to drive the engine. There are 2 mildly concerning issues is the lack of compete in this group, chemistry and prospects stepping up. How bad was Mackey in this one, see a few comments about him. Sad none of this younger guys have the drive to get to the next level

So, last night was a bunch of bad giveaways, some by the D, some by forwards.

All it did was give additional help to the other team.

One bad line change ended up being a 2 on 0 chance (yep a goal).

Last night no Tanev.

What I would say about Kyl is that he exits the zone fairly easily.

He makes mistakes, but recovers well.

His skating gets him out of trouble.

Guddy was good for being really hard on the forwards.

In his absence, Big Z has stepped up.

13 hours ago, sak22 said:

To be fair, Edmontons backup is outplaying the starter big time and Saros hasn't been as good this year and the team scored enough on Daccord that they should've won.

I get the frustration, but look around the league the powers of the Central last year are all .500 or worse in the same amount of games or more than the Flames, meanwhile Chicago who is supposed to be playing for Bedard are in a playoff spot.  Add in Florida, Toronto, Pittsburgh, a lot of teams looking bad now will be in control of their fate by January and some that look good now will be planning their deadline sell off.

Getting mad about anything prior to about the 12 game just makes no sense to me. Most of what you are seeing is noise as you outline here. 

The lack of energy in back to back games is for sure frustrating, but the little things going on ae pretty typical of a team that went through as much change as the Flames did. 

14 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Thank you. I don't know what point Sutter was trying to make, but it was a terrible decision at the time and it shows.

First 12-15 games of the season are just an extension of the pre season IMO so I don't have a problem with a coach trying something, especially when it's not like it was clicking before (results were kind of there but process wasn't). Wasn't a fan of some of the lines but I think it's pretty clear it's not fixing what wasn't working, hopefully Sutter sees it too. 

We didn't have the jump in this game.

And I'm still hating Toffoli on the #1 PP.  Plays just die on his stick.  His vision is poor and he lacks creativity.  He has a hard shot but when it's going at 4-for-33, not to mention the shots missing wide and exiting the zone, why bother.  He's such a momentum and possession killer.