2022 Offseason

Thebrewcrew

3 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

I don't think they'd do Robertson for Tkachuk

So I'd really push for Johnston and the 1st even if it meant taking on the cap dumps.

Really wanted Stankoven in 2021 so I'd get greedy and ask for him

Okay, I take back my approval.

Giving up Tkachuk and taking on that extra $9M.

No way Jose.

I was fine with the player for player swap.

And they would love him.

He matches what their team identity is.

To give them also the tools to sign him and Otter, that's gonna cost them.

1 minute ago, JTech780 said:

Anyway we can get Mason McTavish from Anaheim?

Fox was a funny one.

I think we have to stick to teams that could sign him.

We may or may not hear until it's too late.

Whatever comes back has to be at least a current or future star.

Lundell

Thomas

Stutzle

Pastrnak

Svechnikov

Mercer

Hischier

Maybe those are out to lunch, but why settle.

Teams like Florida, Vegas, St Louis have to move a lot out to make this work. Flordia would have to trade Lindell, Gudas, and Rheinhart just to be cap complient for Tkatch. Regardless Tre better pull a rabbit out his hat on this one. 

Well ok I think that should

be the end of US players here…

Fox

Gaudreau

Tachuck 

time to do a full gut here and add some Canadian star power…like back in iggy days with Tangs and Glencross etc…

swed players are good too we seem to have success with them, basically US players we need to be careful of and have an exit strategy for them…having said that Coleman is a different cut but, id

still be very cautious of him leading into the final year of this deal I’d be inclined to try and trade him (prob Dal or somewhere like that where he may agree to the trade) Anyway… my 2 cents are:

trade Tachuck 

Re-up Manji at 6x as long as we can..8

years? Keep the likes of Anderson, Kylington, Dube 

Trade Backlund…not For any reason other than he’s getting older and seem to be loosing a step each of the past 2 years…best trade him while his value is higher. Same Toffoil

have a serious straight talk with Lindholm…if Cgy can turn this Satoshi Nakamoto show around in a few years offer him a choice,

of you wanna stay…re-up him long term (nothing past age 35 though) if not, trade him but ask where he would

like to go…same for the likes of Monahan, Tanev, Markstrom…Coleman too, he may not want to stick out a few years of uncertainty 

trade Lucic…though if your gonna gut this may need his contact to hit the cap floor

in short time to strip this thing down properly and players over 25/26 are all must go…with a few exceptions like Lindholm etc…and US players are also must go players too 

back to Canadian content as the core but it needs to be young content…kinda like

Ott but target Canadians…heck, take

the young US guys but trade them soon as their value is high and avoid this stuff in the future 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

Teams like Florida, Vegas, St Louis have to move a lot out to make this work. Flordia would have to trade Lindell, Gudas, and Rheinhart just to be cap complient for Tkatch. Regardless Tre better pull a rabbit out his hat on this one. 

That's kind of the point.  If they want a 100 points player, it's not going to be cheap.

Make no mistake, he is a 100 point player on a top line.

FLA - Lundell and Reinhart is the least I would expect from them, and if they needed to send Gudas, so be it.

Vegas - no interest there.

STL - it's gotta include Kyrou and Parayko to make it work.  Or it's Tarasenko instead of Parayko, but needs something sweeter added.  Or Buchnevich in place of Kyrou.  

I don't know if there is a deal I will be 100% happy with, but we likely are losing the best player in the deal.  The return has to make up for that fact.  

1 hour ago, sak22 said:

Not much for cap space though.

How so? Without Tachuck and gaudreau there should be tons of room…there is 18 mil now + without Tachuck’s’ current 9 mil on the books +‘whoever else we move out…

Id say BT should be extremely busy trading slot of guys for young prospects under 25 and jig draft picks…while unloading guys over 25 and especially US players clearly us players have an agenda which doesn’t include Cgy long term If at all:

Fox

Gaudreau

Tachuck 

another thing…we definitely missed the boat on Bennet…we aught to have committed to him, and maybe looked at Reinhart who’s definitely got Cgy connections…

Hope BT has learned something here and will make better choices ASAP…it’s not impossible to turn this around fast but he needs to stop with these US PAYERS and get some good Canadian content talent…I was so pissed he missed out on Reinhart and a few others 2 TDL/FA’s ago…imagine the team had they actually traded Gaudreau back them when a few of us had mentioned it…anyway, the point is there needs to be a serious change of direction on who Cgy commits to as their core…Canadian especially those with Cgy connections 

10 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

That's kind of the point.  If they want a 100 points player, it's not going to be cheap.

Make no mistake, he is a 100 point player on a top line.

FLA - Lundell and Reinhart is the least I would expect from them, and if they needed to send Gudas, so be it.

Vegas - no interest there.

STL - it's gotta include Kyrou and Parayko to make it work.  Or it's Tarasenko instead of Parayko, but needs something sweeter added.  Or Buchnevich in place of Kyrou.  

I don't know if there is a deal I will be 100% happy with, but we likely are losing the best player in the deal.  The return has to make up for that fact.  

Exactly! 

As a Flames fan, this is exactly like predicting players we can draft and then we go and pick a Janko or Mason MacDonald.  I dread reading twitter for "insiders" saying we were offered X or Y.  Servalli is the only one really left that hasn't gone on vacation.  EF is a hack that predicted the time once today.  

Don't get me wrong, I love putting together trade scenarios.  It far more fun than seeing what we actually get.  Up to this past couple of days, our odds to win the cup had only dropped to 1 in 20.  I almost get the sense we will get a good player haul but have to give up our best prospects and Mangiapane to get it done.  So much like the Dougie trade happening and we all went WTF?  Please prove me wrong.

31 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

How so? Without Tachuck and gaudreau there should be tons of room…there is 18 mil now + without Tachuck’s’ current 9 mil on the books +‘whoever else we move out…

I was referring to LA not being able to sign Tkachuk with their cap situation.

Pretty straight forward path to a deal with Nashville. They have capspace. 

2023 1st

Joakim Kemell

Dante Fabbro

The issue for Nashville would be signing Tkachuk. They don't want to pay anyone more than Josi, he makes 9.059. Don't see Tkachuk signing for just 9 though. But hey, it's their problem.

Again. I don't like the Blues as a fit. Needs to be dollar for dollar to deal with the Blues

Tarasenko full NTC. Only chance he waives is if he badly wants out of STL due to the way they dealt with his shoulder

Schenn full NTC. I wouldn't want him anyway with 6yrs left.

Buchnevich 12 team NTC

Saad full NTC

Faulk full NTC. Has expressed his dislike for the Canadian covid protocols

Krug full NTC

Leddy full NTC

Scandella 7 team NTC. Likely Canadian teams

Parayko has an NTC. He's an Albertan so there's a chance, but I doubt STL wants to move him.

9 players on their roster that make significant money that can very likely block a trade to Calgary.

Vegas isn't even worth discussing.

Florida is 3m over the cap. They don't have a 1st until 2025. Even if the Flames take Reinhrt and Duclairm FLA can't do it

I know the list may not be legit but Nashville and Dallas seem to be the best two fits in favorable tax situations

9 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

2023 1st

Joakim Kemell

Dante Fabbro

The issue for Nashville would be signing Tkachuk. They don't want to pay anyone more than Josi, he makes 9.059. Don't see Tkachuk signing for just 9 though. But hey, it's their problem.

Again. I don't like the Blues as a fit. Needs to be dollar for dollar to deal with the Blues

Tarasenko full NTC. Only chance he waives is if he badly wants out of STL due to the way they dealt with his shoulder

Schenn full NTC. I wouldn't want him anyway with 6yrs left.

Buchnevich 12 team NTC

Saad full NTC

Faulk full NTC. Has expressed his dislike for the Canadian covid protocols

Krug full NTC

Leddy full NTC

Scandella 7 team NTC. Likely Canadian teams

Parayko has an NTC. He's an Albertan so there's a chance, but I doubt STL wants to move him.

9 players on their roster that make significant money that can very likely block a trade to Calgary.

Vegas isn't even worth discussing.

Florida is 3m over the cap. They don't have a 1st until 2025. Even if the Flames take Reinhrt and Duclairm FLA can't do it

I know the list may not be legit but Nashville and Dallas seem to be the best two fits in favorable tax situations

IDk…La has some options and could get a deal done, also Buf and Anh are good options too

1 minute ago, MP5029 said:

IDk…La has some options and could get a deal done, also Buf and Anh are good options too

I don't think Buffalo is in the mix because it's very unlikely he signs there long term.

Anaheim and LA are unlikely unless they overpay. I don't think there's a big appetite from the Flames to play Tkachuk 4x a year, unless you're getting a Quinton Byfield

19 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

2023 1st

Joakim Kemell

Dante Fabbro

Why do we need another D?  Is he that good and if so, why would NAS trade him.

We barely have 9 forwards.

I like that we can bring in Pelletier and Rozie, but we are missing 2/3 of a top line.

No offence but this is a rebuild trade.

It doesn't bear fruit for some time and only makes sense if we are trading everyone over 27.

Somebody please wow me with a trade for a player that has a ton of skill and that team needs a pest.

It could be a rookie from a team that has loads of talent.

It might be a similar age player but that team is missing the grit.

No, I don't mean Nylander.  LOL

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

Why do we need another D?  Is he that good and if so, why would NAS trade him.

We barely have 9 forwards.

I like that we can bring in Pelletier and Rozie, but we are missing 2/3 of a top line.

No offence but this is a rebuild trade.

It doesn't bear fruit for some time and only makes sense if we are trading everyone over 27.

Somebody please wow me with a trade for a player that has a ton of skill and that team needs a pest.

It could be a rookie from a team that has loads of talent.

It might be a similar age player but that team is missing the grit.

No, I don't mean Nylander.  LOL

The Flames are just so thin at RD. 

Preds forwards are a weird mix. 

Not a ton of exciting forwards. I wouldn't want Granlund/Duchene/Johansen

I like Tomasino though.

Moving Fabbro clears just enough to sign Tkachuk too. 

20 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

The Flames are just so thin at RD. 

Preds forwards are a weird mix. 

Not a ton of exciting forwards. I wouldn't want Granlund/Duchene/Johansen

I like Tomasino though.

Moving Fabbro clears just enough to sign Tkachuk too. 

I think it would have to be Tomasino, Jennot and Fabbro plus 1st maybe more to get this done. If we don't need the d man than flip him or one from our roster to add.

Just now, JTech780 said:

Ryan Leslie saying that from what he has heard Kyrou, Thomas and Parayko aren’t on the table.

If they aren’t on the table then what else does St. Louis have to offer?

Buchnevich, Barbachev, Tarasenko, that's about it.  The Russian trio.

Tarasenko is a pending UFA so yikes.  Only for a cap dump.

Barbachev is anothe pending UFA, so double yikes.

Let me guess, Neighbours, Bolduc and Snuggerud are off the table as well?

*tongue firmly in cheek*

STL isn’t a good trade partner and if Tkachuk wasn’t from there, I don’t think they’d even be considered because they don’t match up well at all in a deal like this