2022 Offseason

Thebrewcrew

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

BT was asked in the presser if he considered trading Gaudreau's rights to someone else during the negotiation process.  His answer was abrupt, quick, assertive, and interesting.  He said, "that was not an option".  

To me, that sounds like he received direct orders to get Gaudreau signed from ownership.  No other option was considered.  BT and ownership was all in.

Thats fine however, I for the life of me with the business people that own and run the organiazation whats so difficult about an absoulte time line for a reponse. Its not complicated, you provide the player the peace and no stress through out the season. Season ended months ago, give me your answer. If this is the mantra of ownership and management its no wonder this orgainization goes no where. The simply fact right now is this organization is become a very hot mess in less than 24 hrs. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Please tell me it's $4-mil x 4 or something 

Just now, JTech780 said:

Glad we didn’t sign that.

Lol thank you.  I feel better now.

And I was right from months ago.  Teams will pay $4-mil-per for a RHS RD with size who they feel can play 2nd pair.  That's the market for RHS RD.  Proven true again.

12 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

The fact is he put him self in this spot!!! Both players SHOULD have been dealt with weeks ago. The fact that we are now chasing a run away wagon with broken legs doesn't help. Are your not going to replace what JG brought in a UFA market,no I get that, but your also not going to replace it internally, another poor startegic move by our GM. So based on blind faith, poor planning your now forced to do things that were you never projected would happen. As far as Plan B, so plan A kicks you in the balls and you now need an answer from plan B, whcih has already been provided far to much. Your now forced to actively search for an answer from Plan B hurry before you can activate plan C, some soild GM skills there. 

No one is going to change their mind but all I will say is this is a two way street and players have a say too. 

Can't force someone to sign. it made sense to go all in Gaudreau to me (giving the state of the franchise) as it does for Tkachuk to wait and see how that plays out before committing. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cross16 said:

No one is going to change their mind but all I will say is this is a two way street and players have a say too. 

Can't force someone to sign. it made sense to go all in Gaudreau to me (giving the state of the franchise) as it does for Tkachuk to wait and see how that plays out before committing. 

Which is gettign lost in translation, I have no isssue with JG leaving it was his choice, Ihave a HUGE issue with the timeline of no decision. This woudl be liek putting your house up for sale having someone say hey I am interested but take it off the market and I will give you an answer in 7 months, only to walk 6 months and 29 days later changed my mind not interested.  There is nothing you have indicated that I disagree with, but allowing that length of time line is not a two way sttreet. An organization time line should be put in place, no response will be taken as no interest to resign, unless agreed to extend in writting by both sides. 

2 hours ago, tmac70 said:

There is a  nothing wrong with professinallism, but you also have to have some balls. JG was provided to much time and that decison by your GM just F'ed this club. Like I said there has to be consideration on both sides, it just can't always favour the player, its a huge sign of weakness. In the end the professional decorum from Trevling has done nothing for this club other than put you in a position of weakness. 

The other issue is does that is concerning is it appears he has no plan moving forward, if this did occur, speculation for sure but you now have a huge whole that we know can't be filled in FA. I am not pissed that JG left what bothers me is the player was allowed to decide our future not or GM 

If you believe for one second there was no Plan B,C,D...   then you havent been watching . Hes obviously not going to tip his hand , or Pivot to that Plan B until A was dead in the water ..weve been quiet in the opening hours , because the big names are still on the board .. I guarantee hes in to some level on all of them (wont get them all obviously .. but in ) ..Kadri, Burakovsy, etc ..

1 minute ago, JTech780 said:

A lot of the depth offensive pieces getting snagged up early.

I agree with Cross that a lot of the inaction comes down to Tkachuk. Have to see what he wants before making too many moves today.

this tells me hes going hard at Kadri right now .. might not get him, but hes going hard 

4 hours ago, tmac70 said:

Which is gettign lost in translation, I have no isssue with JG leaving it was his choice, Ihave a HUGE issue with the timeline of no decision. This woudl be liek putting your house up for sale having someone say hey I am interested but take it off the market and I will give you an answer in 7 months, only to walk 6 months and 29 days later changed my mind not interested.  There is nothing you have indicated that I disagree with, but allowing that length of time line is not a two way sttreet. An organization time line should be put in place, no response will be taken as no interest to resign, unless agreed to extend in writting by both sides. 

There is already a deadline though and it's league imposed. So sure you can make up your own deadline but the risk there is you piss off the player and force him to make a decision. I know I wouldn't appreciate that as a player because again the deadline is already there. 

A hard line approach is a tactic but it doesn't come with risk especially in today's market of players IMO. I'm also not really sure that had the Flames found out at the draft for example, that much woudl change. 

11 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

this tells me hes going hard at Kadri right now .. might not get him, but hes going hard 

Which is a HUGE mistake, Andre B was the player to go hard at…him

and Stone 

so far BT is a solid FAIL this off season!

it’s time for the flames to start looking at a new GM…this is horrible! 

the only save for BT is If he’s working on a massive trade…that’s his only save right now…Kardri is gonna be a massive over pay for a 30 year old player with no doubt tons of

term…hard pass! 

5 minutes ago, MP5029 said:

Which is a HUGE mistake, Andre B was the player to go hard at…him

and Stone 

so far BT is a solid FAIL this off season!

it’s time for the flames to start looking at a new GM…this is horrible! 

solid #2 center , plays 200ft-- has always been in the 25-30 goal range over a full season , from the 2nd line ..plays hard -- plays hard in the playoffs 

what more do u want from a #2?  Toffoli immediately gets better as well 

I wanted Andre too , but not at better than 6x$5.5

41 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Lol thank you.  I feel better now.

And I was right from months ago.  Teams will pay $4-mil-per for a RHS RD with size who they feel can play 2nd pair.  That's the market for RHS RD.  Proven true again.

Neither Guddy nor Zaddy are worth that to us.  They had their strengths, but neither are that great an idea to have in 2nd pairing (money or position).

If Chiarot is worth 4.75, Zaddy is worth no more than 3

3 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Neither Guddy nor Zaddy are worth that to us.  They had their strengths, but neither are that great an idea to have in 2nd pairing (money or position).

If Chiarot is worth 4.75, Zaddy is worth no more than 3

I would pay Zadorov $4.75-mil x 4... He's a second pair D who has intangibles like size, hitting, fighting, intimidation, etc.  Zadorov also emerged as our most reliable Dman in the playoffs after Tanev went down.  He's ready for a bigger role.  At 27-years-old, that's young for a Dman   Someone will give him that contract.

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

I would pay Zadorov $4.75-mil x 4... He's a second pair D who has intangibles like size, hitting, fighting, intimidation, etc.  Zadorov also emerged as our most reliable Dman in the playoffs after Tanev went down.  He's ready for a bigger role.  At 27-years-old, that's young for a Dman   Someone will give him that contract.

he was effective cuz he was playing 3rd pair minutes .. in the past at higher minutes is where he dipped ..

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

I don't see him in the same value as Chiarot.  I liked him in the playoffs, but a couple of blown plays ended our run.  We will miss the size though.  But not at 4.75M