2022 Offseason

Thebrewcrew

4 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

Ummm, I’m not sure it was for Barzal… I read that Lane Lambert was going to get poached by another team to be their head coach, and NYI didn’t want to lose him because they’ve been grooming him… where did you hear it was for Barzal?

All season long they were apparently at odds .. usually when the coach goes, especially a Trotz , usually means the players won 

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Lundell would've been the good long term target but Huberdeau... Man.  Feels unreal we got a superstar back.

For anyone who thought we would have to sell low on Tkachuk, I didn't think so.  Tkachuk was always going to bring back a haul because 40G 100PT and all those intangibles at 24-years-old.  A unicorn player and no one else like him in the NHL.  Now confirmed.  We got the best player in the trade so we win (at least in the short term).

Yup I said the whole time it's gonna be a haul..but even I didn't pick Huberdeau .. 

Wanna get a good feel for how a trade looks, read the fans comments on the other side ..

Check the comments on this tweet.. Zito is gonna need a bodyguard lol   we needed some good news for once this summer 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, The_People1 said:

Should it be fun?

Haha, nope

Just now, phoenix66 said:

Well to be fair..we have a history of class and treating our players well..so he should be ok 

I gotta imagine Huberdeau is surprised. Going from Florida to AB may not be easy. Flames may need to pay a bit more than the rumoured Johnny deal, but that's ok, this is someone that's new to the organization, you need to commit to him

Just now, Thebrewcrew said:

Haha, nope

I gotta imagine Huberdeau is surprised. Going from Florida to AB may not be easy. Flames may need to pay a bit more than the rumoured Johnny deal, but that's ok, this is someone that's new to the organization, you need to commit to him

does he have any ties to the team? Buddies?

3 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Would have to think one of or both Valimaki and Kylington are getting moved.

Don't forget Mackey too.. can't keep em all up..  i would think kyllington could be odd man out . Weeger is a total upgrade ,..older yes ..but I don't think bt will give up on vakimaki just yet .. gotta think he's already traded 2 of his prized trio of first rounders 

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Haha, nope

He's a French Canadian kid .. he likely misses how hockey is meant to be played 

Barzal > Kadri 

but if Barzal can’t be had, I don’t mind Kadri if the term isn’t long. 

Also I just had a thought.

- Montreal just gave up Romanov (D) to NYI at the draft

- They then traded Petry for Matheson. 
- They acquired Dach (C) who is RFA and still to be signed

- MTL is sitting with only $250k of cap space, tho

- is Dvorak the odd man out?

Valimaki for Dvorak

- Gives us a 2nd line C under $5M for the next 3 seasons (who I see as a potential Backlund replacement)

- Gives MTL a first round D to replace Romanov PLUS over $3M in cap space to put towards Dach. 

🤔

6 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

He's a French Canadian kid .. he likely misses how hockey is meant to be played 

We can only hope!

8 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

does he have any ties to the team? Buddies?

Bennett! Monahan at the world championship, Gudbranson was on that team too, maybe not so relevant, but they also played in FLA

8 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Yup I said the whole time it's gonna be a haul..but even I didn't pick Huberdeau .. 

Wanna get a good feel for how a trade looks, read the fans comments on the other side ..

Check the comments on this tweet.. Zito is gonna need a bodyguard lol   we needed some good news for once this summer 

I'm shocked FLA let Huberdeau go.  And also gave us a Tanev 2.0.  I mean, yes we need to sign them both, especially Huberdeau.  Otherwise, we lose this trade.

1 hour ago, tmac70 said:

You would have to think converations were had with Huberdeau and Weeger about extentiosn before the even thought about this move. It makes no sense that you do a trade like this not to lock them up its crazy. They may be worth a lot flipped out but jeesh whats the point. 

OTT traded for Debrincat before talking to him.  It's not unusual.

Also, Huberdeau had a 8 team No Trade List... So he must've been okay to come to Calgary for one reason or another which bodes well for us extending him.  He wouldn't have okay'd the trade here otherwise.

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

OTT traded for Debrincat before talking to him.  It's not unusual.

Also, Huberdeau had a 8 team No Trade List... So he must've been okay to come to Calgary for one reason or another which bodes well for us extending him.  He wouldn't have okay'd the trade here otherwise.

playing with Lindholm isn't Barkov but he still plays with a two way defensive minded C possibly. Then if they do play Toffoli with him, maybe toffee racks up some goals. Hube gets a payday in the end. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

playing with Lindholm isn't Barkov but he still plays with a two way defensive minded C possibly. Then if they do play Toffoli with him, maybe toffee racks up some goals. Hube gets a payday in the end. 

Huberdeau played most of the time with Bennett.. that's why Bennett looked so good..  then he played with Giroux when he came in and Bennett fell off a cliff 

32 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

Valimaki for Dvorak

- Montreal just gave up Romanov (D) to NYI at the draft

- They then traded Petry for Matheson. 
- They acquired Dach (C) who is RFA and still to be signed

- MTL is sitting with only $250k of cap space, tho

- is Dvorak the odd man out to make everything work for MTL?

Dvorak would give us a 2nd line C under $5M for the next 3 seasons (who I see as a potential Backlund replacement)

Valimaki gives MTL a first round D to replace Romanov PLUS over $3M in cap space to put towards Dach. 

🤔

Yes, I’m quoting myself. Bear with me. It’s almost 2AM EST and I’m jacked and can’t sleep. This is when the crazy ideas come out. 

Ok. Say we get Dvorak for Valimaki as described above. 

WHAT IF…

We then flip Dvorak AND Monahan to NYI for Barzal? 

Dvorak is on a friendly $4.5M contract for 3 more seasons, NYI is somewhat interested in Mony, and they get 2 Centermen for the price of one??!?

Am I nuts? 

6 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

1 minute ago, phoenix66 said:

Huberdeau played most of the time with Bennett.. that's why Bennett looked so good..  then he played with Giroux when he came in and Bennett fell off a cliff 

It was mostly,

Verhaeghe - Barkov - Maxim

Huberdeau - Bennett - Duclair

LW - Lundell - Reinhart

Huberdeau with 85 assists carried Bennett all the way.