2022 Offseason

Thebrewcrew

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

I would agree, NJ is the better offer on talent and I think the Flames need to maximize talent here. Plus I still think you can make a case that NJ isn't a playoff team next year so there is more potential on the number 1 pick too. 

The only concern I have is what is Bratt gonna cost. I'm a little weary of him trying to cash in big after only 1 season. 

Ya I wonder what kind of new contract Bratt is looking for.  He's a smallish LW and we've got Mangiapane to deal with.  We're getting too small on the Wings if we lock up two small LWs.  Plus, Pelletier is coming and he's not big either.

9 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Do we need to start looking closer at Dallas?

I don’t know why but Dallas just seems like a fit for Tkachuk.

Can we get Robertson or Hintz? Wyatt Johnston? Mavrik Bourque? 

All I want from the Stars is Heiskanen.  We should add if we need to.

20 minutes ago, sak22 said:

Yep, yours must go, JTech can get by with cutting out the person feeding the Gatorade, TD can keep his for now I guess.

Must be why I keep mine blank.

There updated mine, though it might be temporary too.

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Time for avatar changes.lol

My only two avatars have been 13 and 19.  Maybe I am bad luck.  Bought a Tkachuk jersey to go with my Gaudreau one.  It was on sale, so I should have figured it out.  My other gear has 23 and Monahan on it.  Yikes.

56 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

Do we need to start looking closer at Dallas?

I don’t know why but Dallas just seems like a fit for Tkachuk.

Can we get Robertson or Hintz? Wyatt Johnston? Mavrik Bourque? 

Dallas is a tough choice for me.

Have three players there I would be in and one prospect.

Hintz

Robertson

Heiskanen

Stankhoven

If need be, we could take back Benn with some salary retained.

Allows them to retool.

So, Heiskanen, Robertson Stankhoven and Benn for Tkachuk and Kylington or Hanifin.

23 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

My only two avatars have been 13 and 19.  Maybe I am bad luck.  Bought a Tkachuk jersey to go with my Gaudreau one.  It was on sale, so I should have figured it out.  My other gear has 23 and Monahan on it.  Yikes.

Yes, please change to Monahan then.

40 minutes ago, sak22 said:

The effects of Johnny on 2 guys who could've taken QO to UFA.  One stays the other leaves

Capfriendly says $8.7-mil x 4-years.  Seems pretty fair for Laine.

...and on that note, CBJ is $6.3-mil over the cap currently.  They need to move out somebody.

37 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Capfriendly says $8.7-mil x 4-years.  Seems pretty fair for Laine.

...and on that note, CBJ is $6.3-mil over the cap currently.  They need to move out somebody.

The most likely is probably Nyquist, and maybe Korpisalo.  Just not going to get much for either.

2 minutes ago, cross16 said:

My son is 8. Tkachuk was his first favorite player and first jersey he was given. REALLY sucked having to tell him. 

The complete tweet was that this kid got his first jersey during the playoffs.

Between Tkachuk and Johnny, these were two of the most enjoyed players on the team.

Easily the most common jerseys in the stands.

My son is in his 40's.  He's a big STL fan.

Went to a couple of games with him and his Tarasenko Blues jersey.

If we end up trading with STL, he will be very confused. 

9 minutes ago, cross16 said:

My son is 8. Tkachuk was his first favorite player and first jersey he was given. REALLY sucked having to tell him. 

I hear that... my nephew is 11, and just before the playoffs, he met Johnny Gaudreau at a game as part of a Big Brother type program. It was the biggest day of his life. He sure was proud to show off the photo. I remember what it's like... my favourite player was Joey Mullen, and I cried when he was traded. Still, that was very different from, "He doesn't want to play here."

Love.

• Like 2

This article is suggesting that Anaheim should trade a 2024 1st, a 2023 2nd, Jamie Drysdale and Isaac Lundestrom for Tkachuk.

Swap the years on the draft picks and we are on to something. I am big fan of Drysdale. Great skater, RHS, still only 20 years old, projects to be a number 1 defensman for years to come.

Lundestrom is a bit like Backlund. 22 years old, C, former 1st round pick who hasn’t quite hit his stride offensively, but is more of a middle 6 player.

9 minutes ago, JTech780 said:

This article is suggesting that Anaheim should trade a 2024 1st, a 2023 2nd, Jamie Drysdale and Isaac Lundestrom for Tkachuk.

Swap the years on the draft picks and we are on to something. I am big fan of Drysdale. Great skater, RHS, still only 20 years old, projects to be a number 1 defensman for years to come.

Lundestrom is a bit like Backlund. 22 years old, C, former 1st round pick who hasn’t quite hit his stride offensively, but is more of a middle 6 player.

The only thing positive is the top prospect/player.

That seems to be well below value compared to the ask and the other suggestions.

Even if it included Terry, Drysdale and the 1st, what is the premium for same division?

A 2nd?

Anaheim didn't want Bennet, wouldn't trade us a decent goalie (chose Toronto).

Sorry, but they have to pay big time.