2022 Offseason

Thebrewcrew

I’d like to target Patrick Kane even with Gaudreau. Centermen are clearly hard to come by, and CHI is blowing it up, so have CHI retain 50% and do the deal. If Johnny stays, having him and P.Kane on separate lines would do wonders. We need playmakers 

Send them Mony if they’ll take him. 

5 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

I’d like to target Patrick Kane even with Gaudreau. Centermen are clearly hard to come by, and CHI is blowing it up, so have CHI retain 50% and do the deal. If Johnny stays, having him and P.Kane on separate lines would do wonders. We need playmakers 

Send them Mony if they’ll take him. 

But Chicago needs cap hits, big time. Do they even have enough to ice a team now?

5 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

I’d like to target Patrick Kane even with Gaudreau...

15 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

If we were to sign Kane, then I hope Stevie slid in and took JG. Don't want Kane anywhere on teams that I cheer for.

I'll be awfully disappointed if we sign either of the Kanes. I like having a team seemingly void of dubious character (I recognize that I'm not aware of everything that goes on). I actually care about that stuff, and I'm proud of our boys.

Love.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Philly's actually quite nic. Like a smaller NY. Newark on the other hand...

Yeah, my point was just that Philly is really the only place that is "home".  Short commute for him if he was to stay in Cherry Hill.  Newark is a hole.  NYC would be fine for a single dude.  BOS may be okay, if ya like chowda and wicked good beahh.  

27 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

If we were to sign Kane, then I hope Stevie slid in and took JG. Don't want Kane anywhere on teams that I cheer for.

I think it may be just some subterfuge to get the cost up too high for EDM.  Make them pay $7Mx6.  Or get him priced out of Alberta so we don't have to play him as much, until SJS is stuck with his contract in August.

What would be hillarious is if EDM signed him with most of their cap money and then he ended up having to go back to SJS.  Too late to sign any good players in FA.  Forced to make a trade with SJS and have to pay assets to get him.  Seing as they wouldn't be the only team wanting him, the price would be a lot.

31 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Not my first choice for obvious reasons .. BUT.. lets not forget we have an in house Player Counsellor who Im certain would be assigned to meet with him regularly...  Grats would keep him in line 

No Gonna lie.. I wanna win.. he has the skills to do that ..and if he gets out of line ?  we can dump him , after Grats is thru with him ..

15 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

But Chicago needs cap hits, big time. Do they even have enough to ice a team now?

Monahan plus 50% of Kane gets them equal to what they are.  They need other players though; couple of D, couple F and a G.  That said, they are above the cap floor.

3 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

Not my first choice for obvious reasons .. BUT.. lets not forget we have an in house Player Counsellor who Im certain would be assigned to meet with him regularly...  Grats would keep him in line 

No Gonna lie.. I wanna win.. he has the skills to do that ..and if he gets out of line ?  we can dump him , after Grats is thru with him ..

You sign him, it means you have bid out everyone else and he has a long term deal.  He was being a good guy since he was on a prove it contract.  For less than a year.  He gets outa control when he's got that security.  And that's not even taking into account the supposed closeness of the players.  Maybe he's changed, but are you willing to go back to a toxic, country club type player if he hasn't?

Just now, travel_dude said:

You sign him, it means you have bid out everyone else and he has a long term deal.  He was being a good guy since he was on a prove it contract.  For less than a year.  He gets outa control when he's got that security.  And that's not even taking into account the supposed closeness of the players.  Maybe he's changed, but are you willing to go back to a toxic, country club type player if he hasn't?

ya and if does you can terminate his contract.. id say no way he gets a No Move   MNTC fine --  bury him if he acts up 

I'm not saying we should be all in .. hes not even my first choice .. i'm just saying if he did end up here, you can be sure they will have checked those boxes.. and lets be serious , if he starts pumping 40 goals fans will end up liking him ..  we said the same with Bertuzzi, he was a fan fave end of year   

Just now, phoenix66 said:

ya and if does you can terminate his contract.. id say no way he gets a No Move   MNTC fine --  bury him if he acts up 

I'm not saying we should be all in .. hes not even my first choice .. i'm just saying if he did end up here, you can be sure they will have checked those boxes.. and lets be serious , if he starts pumping 40 goals fans will end up liking him ..  we said the same with Bertuzzi, he was a fan fave end of year   

You can't just terminate his contract.  You can waive him.  We could buy him out next summer.  We can trade him.  All vaid options, but then leaves us with the same hole we wanted to plug.

32 minutes ago, Heartbreaker said:

I'll be awfully disappointed if we sign either of the Kanes. I like having a team seemingly void of dubious character (I recognize that I'm not aware of everything that goes on). I actually care about that stuff, and I'm proud of our boys.

Love.

Yup. Quoted for sameness.

4 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

Well, I slept with the babysitter. I'm not a hypocrite.lol

dont get me wrong, I'd love if guys like him never played another game.. but that's not the was sports works..

If hes gonna be pumping in goals for somebody , why not us .. he nearly single handedly eliminated us this year 

14 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

dont get me wrong, I'd love if guys like him never played another game.. but that's not the was sports works..

If hes gonna be pumping in goals for somebody , why not us .. he nearly single handedly eliminated us this year 

And then he played a part in helping eliminate his own team with a dumb play.  We won't have 97 or 29 feeding him, so don't expect the Kane from this past year.  The SJ, Buf, Win/ATL Kane is good, but not good enough to overcome his problems, I'm never against 2nd or 3rd chances, I just don't see a change in him he still comes off with a victim mentality.

28 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

so word is the agent has sent an offer back to the Flames .. believed to be north of $11M, sounds like they want Panarin's AAV, but over 8 

Not really surprised.  You ask for the moon and settle somewhere in between.  If the counter offer is there and it's over 8 years, then this is down to money per year.  Even if a team magically come up with 11.2M over 7, he's making less there.  TBH, I don't see any team offering that though.  

This is starting to sound more like haggling than anything else.  Which is a good thing.  Maybe we can't get it done because the ask is crazy and they won't budge.  Fine.  But if it comes down to $200k or less, then I'm not impressed.  Willing to go to a certain number but lose him for nothing over a small-ish amount.  I doubt it's that small though.

Make Johnny the 2nd highest paid player in the league. More than Matthews and Panarin at 11.6. Give Johnny 11.65-11.7. 

It's a lot of money, but the cap will be increasing throughout most of the deal.

The Flames will feel a bit of a pinch, but that just means they can't be paying 5m for bottom 6 forwards or 5m for their 3rd pair. They'll need to give younger players opportunity. 

22 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Not really surprised.  You ask for the moon and settle somewhere in between.  If the counter offer is there and it's over 8 years, then this is down to money per year.  Even if a team magically come up with 11.2M over 7, he's making less there.  TBH, I don't see any team offering that though.  

This is starting to sound more like haggling than anything else.  Which is a good thing.  Maybe we can't get it done because the ask is crazy and they won't budge.  Fine.  But if it comes down to $200k or less, then I'm not impressed.  Willing to go to a certain number but lose him for nothing over a small-ish amount.  I doubt it's that small though.

yup..they're at least negotiating .. they almost have to make a deal now and the agent knows it ..

just hope Johnny is ok with being responsible if they have to ship Mony and Chucky out of town 

56 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

so word is the agent has sent an offer back to the Flames .. believed to be north of $11M, sounds like they want Panarin's AAV, but over 8 

So many rumours.  Don't know what's real.

But ya... It should've been Panarin-money from day one.  Maybe we all knew it but this is the process to get there so we had to go through the motions.  $11.7 x 8-years.  Let's do this.

2 minutes ago, phoenix66 said:

yup..they're at least negotiating .. they almost have to make a deal now and the agent knows it ..

just hope Johnny is ok with being responsible if they have to ship Mony and Chucky out of town 

I think Monahan was going to be gone anyways.  Regardless if it is $9, $10, or $11+... Monahan has to go.  Still need to give raises to Mangiapane and Kylington so.

And Tkachuk... Move him for a Center or #1 LD.  That should have been the obvious plan first day we got eliminated from the playoffs.  No surprise here.

11 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

So many rumours.  Don't know what's real.

But ya... It should've been Panarin-money from day one.  Maybe we all knew it but this is the process to get there so we had to go through the motions.  $11.7 x 8-years.  Let's do this.

Messing around on Capfriendly.

The Flames can do the Panarin deal as well as Tkachuk (10.25) and Mang (5.5).

They'd need to trade Lucic. Kylington would need to be moved and maybe Dube if they can't find a taker for Monahan.