Playoffs GDT - FLAMES @ Oilers - Thurs 26 May 2022

rocketdoctor

Just now, Sarasti said:

You know, sometimes it really feels like the league does anything they can to give their poster-boy the success he hasn't been able to achieve in the post-season. 

It almost physically hurts to watch because of how blatantly obvious it is.

Its pathetic how backwards the officiating has been.

It's totally backwards because fans of the NHL should be hoping the Flames win so this series can continue. Neutral fans are eating this up

Even the McPr**k devotee's are saying that will be one of the most controversial and talked about call-offs of a goal in NHL playoff history...

Absolute Bulls**t...

Only one way to even start to repair the damage, and that is with a Flames win...

F*** you third rate zebras, and p*ss on the league for not getting better refs....   The morons they have had in this series so far should not even be allowed to ref a kids game, EVER!!!..

Just now, The_People1 said:

Hanifin had full control... makes a weak pass to the side boards.

both! 

coleman played bad too. They started passing it to them now n the second period which brought the oilers back into the game. 

What a brutal way to end the season.

As if I wasn't appalled enough at the officiating in this series.

They literally took 2 games from the Flames and thats not even considering all the non-calls on the NHLs favorite team.

Flames didn't do themselves any favors a lot of times but I'm not even going to pretend for one second like the Oilers earned this series win.

Here's hoping they get completely and utterly dismantled in round 3.

Well, it really doesn't matter who was at fault in this game.

It was lost before we got here.

Hanifin will need to go along with Lucic.

We can't keep guys that keep getting scored on when they are on the ice.

How many was Lucic out there for.

How many was Hanifin?

Almost $10M spent on minus players iin the series.

I would sooner keep Monahan than Hanifin and Lucic.

Let him retire with grace.

Hanifin might get us closer to a Chychrun.

A real #1.

3 minutes ago, Sarasti said:

They literally took 2 games from the Flames and thats not even considering all the non-calls on the NHLs favorite team.

Flames didn't do themselves any favors a lot of times but I'm not even going to pretend for one second like the Oilers earned this series win.

It's okay.  I don't think we were getting passed COL anyways the way we have played these playoffs.  Barely getting passed DAL and then struggling to do basic stuff against EDM.  

11 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

In my honest opinion, that goal was a kicked in (by the spirit of the law).  Coleman extended his leg towards the puck and made sure to direct the puck into the net before he fell over completely... a veteran move.  I think Bieksa was right. Coleman was trying his best to hide his "kick" (whatever a kick is) and he almost got away with it...

All that said, because the call on the ice was a goal, there should not have been enough evidence to over turn the call.  So that should've been a goal (by the letter of the law).

By the letter of the law—-a distinct kicking motion should be exactly that.  If you have to review and “interpret” how someone who is hooked up with the goalie, and being pushed in the upper leg by the defence (the leg has to straighten where he was being hit), then it’s not following the letter of the law.  It’s being adjusted to opinion.  It was a bad call all around.

3 minutes ago, Sarasti said:

Game 2 called right and it's not even a series.

They needed the refs to get an advantage.

And yes they took it and we got too PO'd about it to score on our chances.