2022 NHL Draft

Just now, travel_dude said:

Naw, they went to the T-birds.

Schaefer is a good player, plays a hard game. Hard to acquire power forwards these days.

I actually liked Jordan Gustafson from Seattle better. I think he's someone the Flames may like tomorrow.

15 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Schaefer is a good player, plays a hard game. Hard to acquire power forwards these days.

I actually liked Jordan Gustafson from Seattle better. I think he's someone the Flames may like tomorrow.

On to our first pick.

Come on lucky 59.

I just hope the Flames take some swings. I don't care if 5 years from now they have no one left from this draft I just don't want to see them take "safer" prospects and try and justify it that they tried to salvage something. 

Take a swing on talent that drops. I'm not a huge fan of this draft but their is talent scattered throughout it. 

3 minutes ago, cross16 said:

I just hope the Flames take some swings. I don't care if 5 years from now they have no one left from this draft I just don't want to see them take "safer" prospects and try and justify it that they tried to salvage something. 

Take a swing on talent that drops. I'm not a huge fan of this draft but their is talent scattered throughout it. 

So in other words, take the 5'-7" player.

3 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

if he is more talented and has more upside absolutely. When you have so few picks I think you need to target talent because it has the better chance of getting you an asset down the road. 

3 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Just don't take a high school player.

Take the big guy that was injured and fell down the board.

Or the Euro that played in the Finish or Swedish leagues.

The guy with lesser numbers but real good.

Or the guy with a powerful stride that just lacks the mechanics.

Just need to be careful with some of the transfer rules.

Well with the 59th pick, there could still be "safer" picks than a 5'-7" player and still have decent upside.  We got Kuznetsov at 50... Andersson at 53 and Kylington at 60.

Round 5, 6, and 7... Ya there's no "safe" in this range no matter what.  Maybe 5% of NHLers are picked in round 5 or later.  So might as well swing for the fence because odds are, "safe" still means the player never makes it.

I thought Yzerman was the highlight of the night. Makes his pick in 3 seconds, talking heads are speechless, then this gem:

Emily Kaplan: So where are you with the Red Wings in your rebuild?

Stevie Y: Well, this is my 3rd year as GM so I'd say 3 years in.

lol

I love that.

The Wings are using the SEL like a farm team. Damn. They won't have anyone to play for Grand Rapids.

3 hours ago, conundrumed said:

I thought Yzerman was the highlight of the night. Makes his pick in 3 seconds, talking heads are speechless, then this gem:

Emily Kaplan: So where are you with the Red Wings in your rebuild?

Stevie Y: Well, this is my 3rd year as GM so I'd say 3 years in.

lol

I love that.

The Wings are using the SEL like a farm team. Damn. They won't have anyone to play for Grand Rapids.

Is he taking media lessons from Sutter?  LOL.

A rebuild can be fun.

A rebuild done right is really fun.

Now, go trade form Moneyhands.