Playoffs GDT Flames @ Stars - Game 4 - Monday 9 May 2022

rocketdoctor

I've decided to work from home today so I can tune in and see a bit more of the game than usual, given it's an 11:30 am game here today - Midday when they play at the dome.

Rocking the home Chucky today as the away Johnny hasn't been of much luck for me. 🔥 🔥  🔥 GFG 

• Like 1

This is the type of game where if you want to be a great player you need to be the catalyst in games like these. Gaudreau and Tkachuk have not been very good in this series and those are the 2 players I have my eye on tonight. Can’t be a franchise player if you don’t put the team on your back in key moments. 

48 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Francis falling for Sutter's looks hook, line and sinker.

He's 100% sure that this is Sutter's go to decision.

I don't really know.

I like Ritchie but only as a 4th line crash and bang type.  Not a good fit on the 2nd line.

3 hours ago, travel_dude said:

That would leave you Dube-Jarnkrok-Toffoli, which isn't a bad thing.  Not sure why we haven't seen this before.

i get why they went away from it, it was too top heavy. But since the acquisitions I think they have the depth to pull it off. 

kind of late to experiment now. There must be something wit the idea of Dube-Jankrok and Toffoli Sutter doesn’t like. And I’m all fairness he could be right. 

Just now, cross16 said:

This is the type of game where if you want to be a great player you need to be the catalyst in games like these. Gaudreau and Tkachuk have not been very good in this series and those are the 2 players I have my eye on tonight. Can’t be a franchise player if you don’t put the team on your back in key moments. 

They have been "okay" but haven't converted their chances.  The first line is still the only line that's consistently dangerous.  The middle 6 can't generate anything... and out played by the 4th line most of the time.  If we lose this series, then I think the top line gets blame (as they should) but shouldn't get as much blame as the middle 6.  Please give us some secondary scoring.

15 minutes ago, Saymzies said:

I've decided to work from home today so I can tune in and see a bit more of the game than usual, given it's an 11:30 am game here today - Midday when they play at the dome.

Rocking the home Chucky today as the away Johnny hasn't been of much luck for me. 🔥 🔥  🔥 GFG 

I owned a vintage looking one years ago, but it was a cheap CCM knockoff.

Got another one (away) from the Iggy era, so a bit more modern, but that slash was ugly.

First real name jersey I bouught was a JH one.

Old style black C.

I still like the black C version.

Gonna be warm, but I guess it's home Johnny tonight.

5 minutes ago, cross16 said:

Tkachuk can start chirping goalies for a change, but only if they start scoring on Ott.

Or guys that are scoring rom their side.

Otherwise do the talking with your stick.

Johnny is setting the table, but can't just be two guys on the line.

Where is Tkachuk on the PP?

3 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

They have been "okay" but haven't converted their chances.  The first line is still the only line that's consistently dangerous.  The middle 6 can't generate anything... and out played by the 4th line most of the time.  If we lose this series, then I think the top line gets blame (as they should) but shouldn't get as much blame as the middle 6.  Please give us some secondary scoring.

i see it differently and so does the data. Top line has had moments but haven’t generated near the volume and quality they did during the regular season and haven’t been very consistent. 

Middle six has generated decent volume of chances just no finish. 

both would be great but I’m also a firm believer that I’m order to win a series you need your best players to be that. Hasn’t been the case so far. 

4 hours ago, robrob74 said:

Something about Toffoli has really rubbed me wrong…

Agreed Toffoli seems to be coasting looking for others to do the work to set him up. Just my observation. 

I would have liked to have seen

Lewis Backland Toffoli (Lewis would set the other two straight)

38 minutes ago, redfire11 said:

Agreed Toffoli seems to be coasting looking for others to do the work to set him up. Just my observation. 

I would have liked to have seen

Lewis Backland Toffoli (Lewis would set the other two straight)

Listened to the Big Show (usually don't because they pile on a bit much at times) and they brought up the one player they felt was not playing anywhere to a new gear.  Backlund.  They weren't being insulting, but he's the longest player Flames player we have.  He's been in enough of the post season disappointment to be one of the guys that has to start taking the team on his back.  Pardon the pun.  He's been a killer in the regular seaosn for years, has brought along players like Tkachuk and Mangiapane.  But he's never added a gear to his post season game.  Yes, the top line has to do more.  They are the finishers, but Backlund is responsible for the 2nd most minutes among C's.  AAnd always near tops in ice time.  If Toffoli and Mange aren't going, you have to put part of the blame on him.  

Toffoli has had success playing in important games in the playoffs.  14 points in 22 games last year.  4 points in 7 games with VAN.  But he's relied on C's and other players to help pull the weight.

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

I don’t get how that isn’t a five minute major with the hit to the head. 

Wasn't really a "direct" hit to the head though... but definitely blindside hit to the high shoulder on unsuspecting player that just got rid of the puck.  We need to stay cool and respond on the scoresheet.