GDT - Knights @ FLAMES Thurs 14 April 2022

rocketdoctor

Good day (evening) RD.  Thanks again for the GDT.

Looks like Valimaki has been assigned to AHL.

Ruzie still here, but skating late.

Markstrom in the starter net and Ritchie/Stone/Mackey skating late which implies they are scratched.

I think Sutter basically confirmed the lines to be like the 3rd period, but the D adjusted:

Johnny-Lindy-Mange

Dube-Backlund-Tkachuk

Coleman-Jarnkrok-Toffee

Lucic-Carpenter-Lewis

Hani-Ras

Kyl-Tanev

Zad-Gud

Not sure if Dailyfaceoff has the lines updated.  

58 minutes ago, LouCifer said:

I like the look of the lines today and I’m excited for the game tonight! GFG!

Something about that second line doesn’t sit well with me … I don’t know if it’s because I don’t like Backs up there, or what? 
Just a question for everyone to ponder, and give me feedback. What would a line of Looch, Backs, and Toff look like in the playoffs?

I don’t get why we are not playing Vlad a little more. I thought last game against Seattle would have been the perfect time. Marky’s gotta win 16 games come playoff time, he’s got lots of games in front of him hopefully. Sutter doesn’t care about individual awards, but maybe he wants him to tie Kipper’s record this year?  Not saying which one on game day….lol. 

1 hour ago, pikey7883 said:

Something about that second line doesn’t sit well with me … I don’t know if it’s because I don’t like Backs up there, or what? 
Just a question for everyone to ponder, and give me feedback. What would a line of Looch, Backs, and Toff look like in the playoffs?

Backs have off games just like Matty.

They have played together for a lot of times in the past, so I think there is a good fit there.

Sorry, but I don't want Lucic anywhere near a top shutdown line.

And Toffee with Backlund doesn't seem to work.

1 hour ago, pikey7883 said:

That line would be a train wreck, I love looch but he just can't excute fast enough anymore. Toff is a trailer and sniper, that line would be one that teams would take huge advantage of.

9 minutes ago, Addicted said:

I don’t get why we are not playing Vlad a little more. I thought last game against Seattle would have been the perfect time. Marky’s gotta win 16 games come playoff time, he’s got lots of games in front of him hopefully. Sutter doesn’t care about individual awards, but maybe he wants him to tie Kipper’s record this year?  Not saying which one on game day….lol. 

Sutter is talking about getting Marky 4 days off between games, so you can pretty much figure out how many he will start.  You don't want him worn out in a nothing game, but you do want him sharp.  I would guess Markyu tonight (confirmed), Dan on Saturday and Monday, Marky on Tuesday, Dan on Thursday.  Marky on Saturday.  Depending on what we have clinched, Dan against NAS and WPG, Marky against Minny.  4 and 4 if possible.   

38 minutes ago, tmac70 said:

That line would be a train wreck, I love looch but he just can't excute fast enough anymore. Toff is a trailer and sniper, that line would be one that teams would take huge advantage of.

Fair enough, thanks for the feed back. You’re probably right about them not being fast enough, didn’t really think of that. Was hoping for some bromance on the ice to show up between Looch and Toff, lol.

4 minutes ago, The_Snowbear said:

talk about grit and determination watch vladdy wow guy got his hand stepped on by a cleet and was bleed prefuesly and boom patched up back in the game

Well, he also managed to get three different homers in that game.

And managed a decent catch.

To think I thought you were talking about Dan Vladar.

I like baseball, but not while the Flames are still playing.

So, I guess no ball until July?

14 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

This game will be a good primer for the playoffs.  After a bad game against a bad team, we've got a hungry team coming in who can't afford even one bad period of hockey.  This is going to be a great test for us.

I'm less worried about the effort as the results.

We have the den of horrors in Vegas, so I want to do anything to ensure they are out.

As much as I hate the Oilers and don't want to play them, don't need to worry about them right now.

They will either be out in round 1 or not make the playoffs.

Vegas can cheat all they want come playoff ttime, but now is now.

We can help you manage cap by leaving here with another injury.