GDT Lightning @ FLAMES Mon 10 Mar 2022

rocketdoctor

4 minutes ago, CheersMan said:

TBL, the GOLD standard who are the best there is, the best there was and the best there will ever be.....until they come to CGY. Those 2 pts are going to come in handy.

I would be okay with them laying a beatdown on EDM.

They currently are two up on VAN and 2 back on VGK.

Pefer to keep them out right now.

Let them makes stupid TDL moves.

1 minute ago, travel_dude said:

I would be okay with them laying a beatdown on EDM.

They currently are two up on VAN and 2 back on VGK.

Pefer to keep them out right now.

Let them makes stupid TDL moves.

Agreed.

The last wildcard spot is all Edm can look at now, and many teams want that spot. Can't see them catching LV or LA.

I love listening to Sutter after game pressers.

Said they played well, but man oh man, there were some bad moments and shifts.

Someone asked him about Johnny 3 goal night.

He said that's what top players need to do.

Not just scoring on the rush.

Scoring on the cycle.

Someone asked if Sutter though he was atop player now.

Sutter said he was last year and is this year.

Has a chance to win the scoing race.

Top player is what top teams have.

2 hours ago, rocketdoctor said:

Good game of hockey.

Clever stuff from Johnny

Not convinced with Lewis on line 2 but in Sutter we trust.

Rest up for the speedy Red Wings on Sat.

Go Flames Go!

He has a little more speed than Toffee.

Better fit IMHO.

But the overall concern is that we don't have enough depth to put a 2 way player there.

Dube hasn't shown great defensive abilities so far.

Toffee should be on a scoring line, not checking one like Backlund.

Monahan looked better.  Lucic had a few good shifts, but still looks a bit too slow.

Would be better to use Lewis on the 4th line to help them get the puck out.

Then have a 2 way player for Backlund, maybe a LW since Coleman plays RW well.

I'm giving some time for Ruzie to adapt to his linemates.

Could become really good or just passable.

Mangiapane looked like he was getting some chances, same for Toffee.

13 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Better fit IMHO.

But the overall concern is that we don't have enough depth to put a 2 way player there.

Monahan looked better.  Lucic had a few good shifts, but still looks a bit too slow.

By the eye test it Mony and Dube had good games. I love Lucic but he has looked so out of place the last couple games, even on the bench he looked like he relaized the game has passed him by right now. As Sutter said in his presser, Lewis and Coleman know what it takes to win. This clubs game is getting better more rounded as we move forward, still a few things to clean up but it appears to be headed in the right direction. IMHO and it could be a reach but a Hertl in the middle may be enough to push us to make a good run. We still need to add but the largest quesion is do you go all in now or next season. I think next year is tough based on contract needs and space. Tre has a tough call to make here shortly. 

1 hour ago, tmac70 said:

By the eye test it Mony and Dube had good games. I love Lucic but he has looked so out of place the last couple games, even on the bench he looked like he relaized the game has passed him by right now. As Sutter said in his presser, Lewis and Coleman know what it takes to win. This clubs game is getting better more rounded as we move forward, still a few things to clean up but it appears to be headed in the right direction. IMHO and it could be a reach but a Hertl in the middle may be enough to push us to make a good run. We still need to add but the largest quesion is do you go all in now or next season. I think next year is tough based on contract needs and space. Tre has a tough call to make here shortly. 

Lucic is a guy you may need in the playoffs.  I don't know if he has enough game to play 82 and then playoffs though.  When his game is on, he is creating turnovers.  I think he needs a bit of a break right now.  He looks gassed from the extreme schedule.  He never that fast, but when the games were better spaced out, he had some jump.  He's making too many mistakes right now.

We can always use better depth, but I think this is one of the most talented and competitive teams we have had in a very long time.  I mean sure, if we were able to swap Hertl for Mony and Dube, we would be deeper at C but still be a player short.  Only works in a Mony (plus non-roster players) for Hertl deal.       

9 hours ago, The_People1 said:

Would like to see Monahan develop more of an agitator role... I mean he's a 4th liner after all.  He needs to use his big frame and re-invent himself.  He got under Stamkos skin.  He needs to do more of that to stay in the lineup. 

IMHO and just observation wise, it appears our issues are not with Mony its with Lucic now. Really the one player that appears out of their element, especially faster skilled teams is Lucic. Love the guy but he is now like Ritchie black hole for plays to die on

On 3/11/2022 at 7:00 AM, travel_dude said:

Better fit IMHO.

i would start sitting guys, on a rotational thing. Give guys like Looch and Monahan a bit of a rest.  Or all at once so as not to kill chemistry but to make it like it’s a regular Schedule. They’d play in normal intervals as a normal regular season, but might give a few guys some rest to get their foot speed  back.

2 hours ago, tmac70 said:

IMHO and just observation wise, it appears our issues are not with Mony its with Lucic now. Really the one player that appears out of their element, especially faster skilled teams is Lucic. Love the guy but he is now like Ritchie black hole for plays to die on

i think it gets worse with this schedule because someone who is already slow will be even slower when tired. Mentally too, they might get. A step behind or look even clumsier.

On 3/11/2022 at 9:07 AM, travel_dude said:

Lucic is a guy you may need in the playoffs.  I don't know if he has enough game to play 82 and then playoffs though.  When his game is on, he is creating turnovers.  I think he needs a bit of a break right now.  He looks gassed from the extreme schedule.  He never that fast, but when the games were better spaced out, he had some jump.  He's making too many mistakes right now.

We can always use better depth, but I think this is one of the most talented and competitive teams we have had in a very long time.  I mean sure, if we were able to swap Hertl for Mony and Dube, we would be deeper at C but still be a player short.  Only works in a Mony (plus non-roster players) for Hertl deal.       

hey! I just said this! 

I was replying to earlier comments and didn’t get to yours yet. Think it’s true, he needs a bit of rest. I’d do it now, don’t do it on the last game like the year we and Tampa went out quick.

sit him now, a game, then sit Monahan a game, then sit Lewis a gane, then Looch then someone else. But rotated so not to be a huge effect 

3 hours ago, robrob74 said:

hey! I just said this! 

I was replying to earlier comments and didn’t get to yours yet. Think it’s true, he needs a bit of rest. I’d do it now, don’t do it on the last game like the year we and Tampa went out quick.

sit him now, a game, then sit Monahan a game, then sit Lewis a gane, then Looch then someone else. But rotated so not to be a huge effect 

You get the problem, right.

No replacement.