Golden Knights @ FLAMES - Wednesday 9 February 2022

rocketdoctor

Just now, conundrumed said:

Guess it's safe to say shutout now.

Was watching the Oilers game last night and they started talking about Brossoit possibly getting a shutout in the 1st period.  Both of those guys know exactly what they were doing.  It's a joke, but Flames announcers never do that.

3 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

1 point back of LA and ANA.

5 back of Vegas.

5 up on EDM

i like it! Thanks for the update. This is how you make up the ground. Beat the one you’re chasing and don’t let them have points and then win the games in hand. Hope for their losses at the same time.

good effort. Get those first game wins because it looks like even after a long break and an easy win last night, that back to backs are tough this year. 

tomorrow night might have to be a road type effort. I mean Simplify 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

1 point back of LA and ANA.

5 back of Vegas.

5 up on EDM

5 games in hand on Vegas and ANA, 4 on LA, 1 on the grease.

Looking pretty shiny. 38 goal differential is way ahead in the division.

Sutter doesn't have much to complain about in this game. Maybe he'll talk about altitude again.

2 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

i like it! Thanks for the update. This is how you make up the ground. Beat the one you’re chasing and don’t let them have points and then win the games in hand. Hope for their losses at the same time.

good effort. Get those first game wins because it looks like even after a long break and an easy win last night, that back to backs are tough this year. 

tomorrow night might have to be a road type effort. I mean Simplify 

Tomorrow will be very interesting. I'll be in a crowd and it'll be 50-50 fan split I'd wager. Not bad seeing as I'm in Leafland.

Hoping for the same result.

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

Tomorrow will be very interesting. I'll be in a crowd and it'll be 50-50 fan split I'd wager. Not bad seeing as I'm in Leafland.

Hoping for the same result.

With the lack of seats, I almost expect the Dome to be full of Leafers.

They certainly are noisy when there in a regular attendance game.

Only watched the highlights for this one.

Where did this Mikael Backlund come from?  Two no-look assists right on Mangiapane's stick and a few other nice passes but didn't score.  Sniped from the slot.  Had partial breakaways and didn't sail the puck two feet over the net... I mean, he had a shot on goal on a partial breakaway, wtf.  Who is this guy?

2 minutes ago, The_People1 said:

Only watched the highlights for this one.

Where did this Mikael Backlund come from?  Two no-look assists right on Mangiapane's stick and a few other nice passes but didn't score.  Sniped from the slot.  Had partial breakaways and didn't sail the puck two feet over the net... I mean, he had a shot on goal on a partial breakaway, wtf.  Who is this guy?

Channelling his inner youth? Hope this Backlund comes to play more often. A point or two here and there would be great for the team's secondary scoring. He has the ability to do it, but I think having Mangiapane regularly on his line will help. It's like I said yesterday or today, he is a 35+ point guy without the talent, and with the talent he is a 45+ guy.