what right handed forwards are available for top 2 lines

Horsman1

well after last night,,you don;t need to be either right or left handed.. .. just capable of skating fast enough to keep up with the pace of play.. I don;t care if you exume eddie shore and flap around on the ice like a fish outta water.. This team is pathetically slow

I shoot right, as a person right hand dominant, but all my brothers were LHS.  I shoot right in golf and bat right.  Never felt comfortable trying to shoot left.  In net, I was better with the stick catching left, but better with the glove catching right.  Weird.

The RHS thing is overblown in the NHL.  Ovi and Draisaitl on the off-wing on PP's.  We are missing that level of shooting.  

3 hours ago, travel_dude said:

I shoot right, as a person right hand dominant, but all my brothers were LHS.  I shoot right in golf and bat right.  Never felt comfortable trying to shoot left.  In net, I was better with the stick catching left, but better with the glove catching right.  Weird.

The RHS thing is overblown in the NHL.  Ovi and Draisaitl on the off-wing on PP's.  We are missing that level of shooting.  

put Lindholm on the left side! I called it last year and I keep thinking it this year. We need that shot threat. 

16 minutes ago, robrob74 said:

put Lindholm on the left side! I called it last year and I keep thinking it this year. We need that shot threat. 

We need a PP quarterback other than Gaudreau.  

He's a threat on the right circle, bur you can get the pass to him behind the net that way.

Same for Lindholm.

You use Lindy on the left circle, you need someone to cover the left point.

If Gaudreau is on the right circle, you need Ras to cover the point.

I think they were doing that a bit last game, where Kylington was covering the left and Gaudreau on the right.

While it looked better, there was no QB to smooth things out.

Chychrun could QB the play and allow the setup anyway we would like.

But I would still like to see a Laine on the left circle for one-timers.

I guess it's all about setup.

1-3-1 is fine if the guy behind the net can cover that or get in the crease area.

If you are using 2 D, you tend to do more with cross crease and shots from the blueline.

We just don't seem to get many shots through that way.

We use the bump from behind the net to the net front.

4 hours ago, travel_dude said:

Ovi is..a prototypical example of why we need RHS lol, I think you're compartmentalising a bit too much.   

But...sure, also helps that he's one of the best shooters of all time.  This is true. ha.

Draisaitl... yeah.   This is Also an example, as is the entire Oilers team, of why it's important to have actual RHS.

23 minutes ago, jjgallow said:

Ovi is..a prototypical example of why we need RHS lol, I think you're compartmentalising a bit too much.   

But...sure, also helps that he's one of the best shooters of all time.  This is true. ha.

Draisaitl... yeah.   This is Also an example, as is the entire Oilers team, of why it's important to have actual RHS.

No, my point was we don't have any wingers that can play off wing that can shoot the puck hard.

Draisaitl goes to that spot on the PP because it makes it difficult for the goalie to get over quick enough.

But he also has a hard shot not just the one timer.

His passes are coming from a LHS.

Mangiapane is the closest we have to a one timer, but he gets into traffic.

When he finds a quiet zone, then it's usually on net.

But just a quick relase and accuracy, not the boomer.

4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

No, my point was we don't have any wingers that can play off wing that can shoot the puck hard.

Draisaitl goes to that spot on the PP because it makes it difficult for the goalie to get over quick enough.

But he also has a hard shot not just the one timer.

His passes are coming from a LHS.

Mangiapane is the closest we have to a one timer, but he gets into traffic.

When he finds a quiet zone, then it's usually on net.

But just a quick relase and accuracy, not the boomer.

I understand yes, but the problem with off-wingers is they are typically defensively Satoshi Nakamotoe.   They cause more in the other direction than they produce.

That is why if you want to do the off-winger thing, again you're better off with a RHS, doing off-wing to LW.     Because your center, and D, Typically, are more capable of compensating on the left side.   

Washington has struggled with this issue for years but eventually shored up Ovi well enough on the left side to win the cup.  Plus over many years he learned a defensive thing or two.

Draisaitl on the off-wing, right-hand side is a total gong show and not something we ever want to have.

2 hours ago, jjgallow said:

I understand yes, but the problem with off-wingers is they are typically defensively Satoshi Nakamotoe.   They cause more in the other direction than they produce.

That is why if you want to do the off-winger thing, again you're better off with a RHS, doing off-wing to LW.     Because your center, and D, Typically, are more capable of compensating on the left side.   

Washington has struggled with this issue for years but eventually shored up Ovi well enough on the left side to win the cup.  Plus over many years he learned a defensive thing or two.

Draisaitl on the off-wing, right-hand side is a total gong show and not something we ever want to have.

I was initially talking about PP, which is why I mentioned Draisaitl.