is this our team?????

Horsman1

9 minutes ago, cross16 said:

See what happens in the game but those lines feel like sending a message to me. I'll be surprised if they go into the game like that. 

I think it's far too early to pull the plug on Monahan or suggest he belongs on the 4th line. I think he's playing much better than he is getting credit for here. 

I think that's a lousy message if so. They were beaten by a great goalie. Why re-invent the wheel 2 games in, I'd be aiming to grow consistency, not chaos.

44 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

I think that's a lousy message if so. They were beaten by a great goalie. Why re-invent the wheel 2 games in, I'd be aiming to grow consistency, not chaos.

While I wouldn't say I disagree I think one of the biggest issues with this team for the last several seasons is a lack of accountability, in particular on their bigger name players. While I would say not there were egregious mistakes in the game there were multiple situations where I think players should know better. 

I think raising the bar in terms of accountability is a good thing for this group. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, JTech780 said:

Gawdin is a replacement level player at this point. Richardson is coming back so they had to make room for him.

And yet, we have 8D.

Is there any greater chance that Stone would be claimed?

Not that it really matters.  They played him 8 or 10 minutes.

His FO% isn't good.

He's not about to crack the roster with his present play.

Would be better for him to go to Stockton or get claimed by a team that could use him.

I have a question why the hell didn't we resign Ryan we have picked up lesser players for more money ? Also why is BT still here ? How many bad moves well he be allowed to get away with Ryan always played a good game call me confused I know nothing unusual. 

1 hour ago, zima said:

I have a question why the hell didn't we resign Ryan we have picked up lesser players for more money ? Also why is BT still here ? How many bad moves well he be allowed to get away with Ryan always played a good game call me confused I know nothing unusual. 

The Ryan from 2 years ago is not the same as the Ryan from last year.

He scored a goal so far, so what.

Did you want to re-sign him to another two year, at an age of 34?

My biggest problem with Ryan is his size.

He can't handle playrs, yet he is a 2 way player.

Ideally, a 4th line C is big and can skate.

On 10/19/2021 at 11:07 PM, The_People1 said:

RHS for faceoffs.  That's a primary reason to have Lindholm at Center.  If we get Eichel then we can move Lindholm back to RW.  Gawdin is the only other RHS Center we have on the depth chart so we are stuck with Lindholm at Center for now.

Or…maybe we could actually try and retain the Ctrs we have and try and get a few RW’s….that could also work/help…I’d  love for us to grab two top 6 RWs not top RW’s per say, they cost nearly as much as Ctrs but two good enough to play the top two lines…or heck even one would do..though Coleman is definitely best suited for 3rd line, like he’s a top tier 3rd liner…can do 2nd line in a pinch for a bit but probably best suited for 3rd line…having said that, he’s 5mil so 2nd line, if only we could grab a solid RW for the top line would be great! 

I mean really one Solid RW and we could really have three strong lines…maybe no superstars but definitely balanced and well above average…

with that in mind, and you all know I’m a huge Monahan fan but if Eichel could be had and we could trade Monahan…or better still Backlund and also mange a solid Rw or two maybe Dube at Ctr? 

Gaudreau/Eichel/RW

Chucky/Lindholm/Coleman or RW?

manji/Dube/RW? Or Coleman 

those should be some pretty good 1,2,3 lines…wish we could grab Rakel from Anh…

Gaudreau/Eichel/Rw?

Chucky/Lindholm/Rakel (sp?)

manji/Dube/Coleman 

that’s even better! Wonder if…

clearly it won’t be this year but…maybe if we are out of the post season, we could make a few moves at TDL for Eichel and Rakel then in the offseason try and get a RW? 

• 4 weeks later...

I think the cause for concern is that they didn’t get up for the first game against Montreal of the back  to  back as they know they’ll be tired in the 2nd. It’s tough to get motivated for games when the other team is depleted, but why not work on keeping the bad habits out of your game? Two of the three losses were very winnable teams but didn’t happen. They’re not playing super terrible and are getting points. 

I don’t know what else to say…

2 hours ago, robrob74 said:

I think the cause for concern is that they didn’t get up for the first game against Montreal of the back  to  back as they know they’ll be tired in the 2nd. It’s tough to get motivated for games when the other team is depleted, but why not work on keeping the bad habits out of your game? Two of the three losses were very winnable teams but didn’t happen. They’re not playing super terrible and are getting points. 

I don’t know what else to say…

Two games where we take multiple penalties.

Not an excuse, just an observation.

Blatant missed calls and we get ticky tack ones.

I wouldn't say were were grossly outplayed in either game.

Some bad bounces in both.

The teams that beat us mean nothing.  Any team is capable if getting a win.

A skid is concerning.  What I find more concerning is the one sided calls in games.

We were supposedly one of the least penalized teams.

And MTL the most penalized.

One call?

Some stats:

Even after their recent stretch of bleh-to-bad hockey, the #Flames rank:

- 2nd in Goals For %

- 6th in Expected Goals For %

- 1st in Scoring Chances For %

- 7th in High-Danger Chances For %

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

Two games where we take multiple penalties.

Not an excuse, just an observation.

Blatant missed calls and we get ticky tack ones.

I wouldn't say were were grossly outplayed in either game.

Some bad bounces in both.

The teams that beat us mean nothing.  Any team is capable if getting a win.

A skid is concerning.  What I find more concerning is the one sided calls in games.

We were supposedly one of the least penalized teams.

And MTL the most penalized.

One call?

Some stats:

Even after their recent stretch of bleh-to-bad hockey, the #Flames rank:

- 2nd in Goals For %

- 6th in Expected Goals For %

- 1st in Scoring Chances For %

- 7th in High-Danger Chances For %

I guess in the grand scheme of things, things are going great. And getting opportunities, but not finishing them when they lose? In the losses, they’ve only scored 13 goals. In the 7 losses (including OT losses) that’s slightly less than 2 goals a game. 

I like your optimism. But results are results. If the percentage of expected GF aren’t getting it done, then it’s not enough. It’s the actual goals for. We’ve had a few blowouts and shutouts, so that brings numbers up. Like they said, Lindholm and Mangiapane were scoring  at an unsustainable near 50% for awhile, numbers are going to even out. We need more goals in those losses and you can’t borrow them from 6-0 games. 

losing 5 of 6 isn’t good. But now it’s limiting the streaks. We had a good streak, now let’s see if we can put together some more. It’s good to have the puck. 

what I want to know is, are they getting to the net and causing 2nd or 3rd chances because a scoring chances on some 2-on-1 or 3-on-2 chances don’t always do it for me. We’ve seen a lot of this kinds of opportunities and yet nothing to show for it. It’s weird how this team can get those chances but not bury them.

1 hour ago, robrob74 said:

what I want to know is, are they getting to the net and causing 2nd or 3rd chances because a scoring chances on some 2-on-1 or 3-on-2 chances don’t always do it for me. We’ve seen a lot of this kinds of opportunities and yet nothing to show for it. It’s weird how this team can get those chances but not bury them.

Well, unless you are not watching the games, the answer is in the games.

We are getting 2nd chances in the net area.  

A couple of times we were jamming away; Kylington almost had the winner.

I'm not seeing as much perimeter play this year.

Look, I'm not as high on the wins that we have had.

I like the play I am seeing; it can be exciting.

It may not seem impressive with wins/loss being mostly even.

But the games are better to watch, even with the occasional smelly one.

Smelly, but they don't stnk.