2021 Calgary Flames NHL Draft

Thebrewcrew

1 minute ago, robrob74 said:

I am kind of with JJ here. I don’t like the sound that Coronado had a lot of work needed in his game. 

we could use some more play making skill in the lineup. 

Like who?  Everyone was a work in progress where they were picking

• Like 1

Just now, Thebrewcrew said:

At worst you get a Zach Hyman type… without paying him 5.5 at the age of 29.

He will play and be a very effective player 

i hope so. I am just wondering where we are going to get players who can move the puck up ice or set up guys. And we seem to like guys who need to work on skating. 

hope he does well. He’s a righty so that’s good. And if he’s lower Center of gravity built, that’ll make up for being a touch shorter. 

Just now, robrob74 said:

i hope so. I am just wondering where we are going to get players who can move the puck up ice or set up guys. And we seem to like guys who need to work on skating. 

hope he does well. He’s a righty so that’s good. And if he’s lower Center of gravity built, that’ll make up for being a touch shorter. 

This Flames management group likes a certain type of player and Coronato fits with that.

The Chicago Steel announcer called him “The Bison” because he likes to go to the net and crash and bang. Flames need more of that 

Coronato is not a one trick pony and actually has some of the best transition numbers in the class. 
he’s got work to do yes, all prospects do, but this isn’t just a goal scorer. 

1 minute ago, sak22 said:

Like who?  Everyone was a work in progress where they were picking

Think I’d have liked a goalie, but it’s tough to pick them in the first round. And having a succession plan for Markstrom could be good. 

I think I liked Lysell as a playmaker. But maybe that’s a reach? 

not that I know anything about these guys, I really go off what you all describe about them. 

just feel players needing to work in skating is already starting from behind. 

1 minute ago, Thebrewcrew said:

This Flames management group likes a certain type of player and Coronato fits with that.

The Chicago Steel announcer called him “The Bison” because he likes to go to the net and crash and bang. Flames need more of that 

Really, I think he is the forward I wanted, but felt he might be a reach.

Not many left that I would have picked over him.

If he's a goal scorer, then great.  We don't have one.

Just now, cross16 said:

Coronato is not a one trick pony and actually has some of the best transition numbers in the class. 
he’s got work to do yes, all prospects do, but this isn’t just a goal scorer. 

cool. I guess when you say they need work on their wheels, I just get tired of players that can’t skate. We are already a team that skates on cardboard. 

2 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Y'know, I'm pretty excited about this pick. He's New York Italian, and I've got James Pietragallo in my head. He'll definitely have the boys over because he cares deeply about his sauce, he's got a cool nickname, and he wears my favourite number. 

Love. 

• Like 2

Lucius might have been good for us. Surprised, we usually take a C option.

If you aren’t a fan of slow skaters, then Lucius isn’t for you. He plays with hardly any pace.

I think overall Coronato is a slightly better player and if all else fails, he has more traits that will allow him to be an NHLer than Lucius 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Edmonton is gonna get a crack at Wallstedt.

Does Kenny do it? Or does he go with a forward to play with Connor?

It could be exactly the right pick for them. I know goalies normally take a little bit longer, but they've got Smith for two years, and then they're gonna need a guy...

Love.