travel_dude

• Replies 507
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

Now that Duchene is gone (and not to Winnipeg) is there a better chance he stays in Ottawa or did his price just jump? Maybe out of the Flames price range?

At this point, unless the price is a steal, I don't think we should be in on Stone.

We can't afford to trade every good prospect and two 1sts if that's what it takes.

Better deals are out there.

Stone will create a bidding war and you have to walk away to your next choice.

Are there some players availablt that offer almost as much as Stone, but are way cheaper?

Probably.

1 hour ago, flames-fan-in-jets-land said:

Now that Duchene is gone (and not to Winnipeg) is there a better chance he stays in Ottawa or did his price just jump? Maybe out of the Flames price range?

re: bolded: Sounds like you are referring to Stone here...   I think his price did just go up...   Likely enough to question the value of making a deal...   But if no one meets the asking price, it could come back down as the clock runs out on the deadline...   It still won't be cheap, but Stone will make the team he goes to a better team...

15 minutes ago, Carty said:

re: bolded: Sounds like you are referring to Stone here...   I think his price did just go up...   Likely enough to question the value of making a deal...   But if no one meets the asking price, it could come back down as the clock runs out on the deadline...   It still won't be cheap, but Stone will make the team he goes to a better team...

Ya Stone it is. Could also reference Dzingle.  Makes me think either a deal involving Panarin or Bobo (or both) is already close to being finalized.

2 hours ago, rickross said:

Please package anthem singer George Canyon in any potential deal we may have...we need energy in the building come playoffs...not ZzzQuil

We would have to retain salary in that deal.

It's funny how they skate in to Hells Bells and then play GC's version of a lullabye.

4 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Heard this as a Flames offer.  Can;t speak to its credibility.

1st + Bennett + Parsons

On the surface, it's a deal that benefits OTT.

Goalie prospect.

Roster player that has a defined role here, but could become a scorer in OTT.

Center/LW.

Gritty.

I would say no credibility.

52 minutes ago, travel_dude said:

Heard this as a Flames offer.  Can;t speak to its credibility.

1st + Bennett + Parsons

On the surface, it's a deal that benefits OTT.

Goalie prospect.

Roster player that has a defined role here, but could become a scorer in OTT.

Center/LW.

Gritty.

I thought Philly had his rights?

1 minute ago, conundrumed said:

Certainly nothing malicious, but sure lends credence to the Sens and Rags sitting their assets.

How totally screwed would they be if that's Duchene or Zucc?

It was an important game for a team that still believes they have a chance.

I suspect the GM was thinking trade, but didn;t want to tell the coach Skinner was on the block.

Give the guys a chance to win.

Let the chips break where they may.

1 hour ago, travel_dude said:

True.

Also Poolparti, who is seeking the 2nd opinion on the neutering operation.

Usually pro are respectful of doctors decisions regarding extent of injuries. The fact hes second guessing a team doctor on a supposed season ending injury seems a little shady.

Archived