Sam Bennett

Going4TheCup

50 minutes ago, rickross said:

I’m happy for him! Just a shame his potential was stifled here as a Flame. It’s like watching a completely different player , Panthers have to be over the moon with his production right now, and they gave up very little to acquire a 4th overall pick. There’s definitely a disconnect here, u can see the how Quenville has shifted the culture there. That’s the type of revamp this franchise needs!

Would not be the first time Bennett has impressed with his start to his career somewhere.

For me the biggest failing here is accepting mediocrity and not demanding better.

Better to have a vet that plays about 75% commitment and won't block a shot than a young hungry player willing to sacrifice.

Let's have mediocre talent and not worry about prospects. 

Looks like you can do whatever you want to Lomberg and the refs aren’t going to call it. Keep it up Mighty Mouse. You’re getting under all their skin. 

And there’s the bull Satoshi Nakamoto call against Florida I was waiting for. Let everything go, then dish out only one penalty in an end of period scrum. Nothing for sergachev butt-ending Acciari 3 times by the Florida bench... let it go, let it go, if you’ve got a lightning bolt on your chest! 

Nice to see the refs continually favour Tbag. Headhunt. Do what Bennett did, only worse. Give the NHL what they're begging for. Dick league. 

Eye for an eye on the ice. Everything Tbag gets away with, Fla gets called for.

Run guys like Bennett did. Hard and often, give the League what it's begging for. It's justified.

12 minutes ago, lou44291 said:

Looks like you can do whatever you want to Lomberg and the refs aren’t going to call it. Keep it up Mighty Mouse. You’re getting under all their skin. 

And there’s the bull Satoshi Nakamoto call against Florida I was waiting for. Let everything go, then dish out only one penalty in an end of period scrum. Nothing for sergachev butt-ending Acciari 3 times by the Florida bench... let it go, let it go, if you’ve got a lightning bolt on your chest! 

Exactly. Satoshi Nakamoto league.

My father in law is a big soccer fan. Watches all the European and champions league games - not just World Cup. I always tease him about the diving and that soccer players have no integrity and are wimps, whereas hockey players are warriors and fight through everything. But. I’m starting to see hockey in the same light. Without integrity, and I’m talking about reffing, I’m going to lose interest. 

1 minute ago, lou44291 said:

My father in law is a big soccer fan. Watches all the European and champions league games - not just World Cup. I always tease him about the diving and that soccer players have no integrity and are wimps, whereas hockey players are warriors and fight through everything. But. I’m starting to see hockey in the same light. Without integrity, and I’m talking about reffing, I’m going to lose interest. 

I'm right there with you. Too much reffing.

Let them battle.

3 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

No call on McDonagh...

That’s ridiculous. But McDonagh is more important to Tbag than Maroon, so give a makeup call against a marginal player instead. We see right through you zebras. Let’s make this count cats! 

I think the NHL has some players who are high energy and forget rules.

Then the NHL has some players who intend to injure other players as part of their game.

The NHL is not very good at distinguishing one from the other.    Bennett is pretty clearly in the former group.

I'm fine with his suspension but not fine that they let so much more dangerous go.   They have yet to put player safety at the forefront of these decisions.   Right now if a player intends to injure another player, they can do so with only a minor infraction and sometimes without breaking any rules at all.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

We had Marchment as a camp invite.

Wow. 

4 minutes ago, conundrumed said:

And I can't believe Lomberg wasn't important enough for us.

Hmm. I guess players with heart aren’t welcome in CGY. But I guess we already knew that. 

14 hours ago, Thebrewcrew said:

Tough loss for FLA.

Uphill climb now, need to take 4 of 5 against the defending champs now. They are fun to watch, hopefully they can take game 3. 

One game at a time TBC. 👍🏻😁

• Like 1