Oilers

1 hour ago, cross16 said:

I too am surprised at the approach on D. It sounds strange given the lost the final game only 2-1 but I didn't want the playoffs thinking "oh if only the Oilers had a few more top 6 forwards.  Surprised that they come out of that and targeting their forwards as the place they wanted to add. 

Part of that is opportunity and they were smart to get Arvidsson and Skinner for what they did. Feels like they are reading too much into the Broberg sample size. Good 2 games and suddenly they seem to forget how bad he has been for his career. 

And to give them "depth" they signed a guy who has one of the worst analytic profiles over the last few years. 

You mean Stecher or Connor Carrick or Brown?  I was reading an opinion that the scouts that know Broburg think he is a top 4 in less than 2 years.  But the head scratcher is how they plan to make cap room.  They haven't even got a full roster and placeholders for Broburg and Holloway.  I suppose they could first trade McLeod to get closer.  Then they hold off signing Broburg and Holloway until after the season starts and have cleared cap.  Then they could trade Ceci and sign Broburg to a cheap deal.  Then they could trade Kane (NMC) because so many teams want a guy that is injured and fell off the last two seasons.  A bit more goals this year, but he also got dropped down the depth chart.  Then they could sign Holloway and use a cheap guy.  ( career NHL goals so he should be looking for $2,5M.  LOL.

I'm not jealous of their FA signings.  Like Arvidsson.  Skinner might end up a good deal.  Henrique is getting old and didn't exactly kill it.  Brown and Janmark brought back.  Corie Perry as well.  How they felt the most important reason for losing the cup was goal scoring.  Their top 2 players dried up in the finals.  They could only win the games where one or both had points.

17 hours ago, travel_dude said:

You mean Stecher or Connor Carrick or Brown?  I was reading an opinion that the scouts that know Broburg think he is a top 4 in less than 2 years.  But the head scratcher is how they plan to make cap room.  They haven't even got a full roster and placeholders for Broburg and Holloway.  I suppose they could first trade McLeod to get closer.  Then they hold off signing Broburg and Holloway until after the season starts and have cleared cap.  Then they could trade Ceci and sign Broburg to a cheap deal.  Then they could trade Kane (NMC) because so many teams want a guy that is injured and fell off the last two seasons.  A bit more goals this year, but he also got dropped down the depth chart.  Then they could sign Holloway and use a cheap guy.  ( career NHL goals so he should be looking for $2,5M.  LOL.

I'm not jealous of their FA signings.  Like Arvidsson.  Skinner might end up a good deal.  Henrique is getting old and didn't exactly kill it.  Brown and Janmark brought back.  Corie Perry as well.  How they felt the most important reason for losing the cup was goal scoring.  Their top 2 players dried up in the finals.  They could only win the games where one or both had points.

Brown, Josh Brown specifically. Has one of the worst analytical profiles i've ever seen. Basically bleeds scoring chances when he is on the ice. 

4 hours ago, cross16 said:

Brown, Josh Brown specifically. Has one of the worst analytical profiles i've ever seen. Basically bleeds scoring chances when he is on the ice. 

I believe we were in competition for him, along with Arvidsson.

Like the latter, not so much the former.

Locked up for 3 years.

Hey, they didn't pay a lot.