Stanley Cup Final: WSH vs VGK

conundrumed

Which team will take it?  

9 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win? Comment how many games.

• Washington
    • Vegas

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I treally think that the Caps will prevail.

No doubt that MAF is the better of the two goalies, but I can see him having trouble against the Caps.

Watching the Caps play the Bolts, I felt that a team with smaller forwards was going to lose to the Caps.

It probably would be a closer matchup with the Bolts against the VGK, but that is not happening (hehehe).

Caps in 5.

I want to call Vegas a Cinderella but can't because they were the real deal in the regular season.  They are no 8th seed that fluked to the Finals.  They are going to do it.  I'd love to cheer for OV to win his first Cup because he's such a great sport and ambassador to the game.  I probably will cheer for OV to win this one but i just feel the VGK will get it done and make history.

Last round I said i'ts hard to pick against Vegas. I picked against Vegas and was wrong. Fool me once..... Which also means now that i'm picking the Knights they will lose so my apologies in advance to any Vegas fans.

I'd prefer to see Ovie do it to shut up the critics but i'm not betting against them so Knights it is. Knights in 6. 

22 hours ago, conundrumed said:

Should be quite the final.

I believe Vegas will take it in 7.

I'll be cheering for the Caps, but can't overlook what Vegas did to the Jets.

That's the part that gives me pause.

However, I'm still going Caps in 7. I'm too old to believe in fairy tales & see the LVK as exactly that. Too Disney movie Mighty Ducks for me.

Saccharin makes me gag. :(

Just now, Heartbreaker said:

I think that puts Game 7 on Saturday, and I'd imagine that's the idea. Too many cups being won on Mondays. 

Love. 

But Monday makes a shorter wait for the parade. If Vegas wins, that's a lot of ADD, maybe no one would show up for a parade 7 days later, lol.

Now it feels kinda cheezy, like Super Bowl week, too inflated.

As a hockey fan, 5 days of chatter about people's reactions to Vegas is a bit much.

Winning a series in under 7 games was always a bonus. Lick your wounds get ready.

In one foul season, that's suddenly not a thing?

Oh well, games were running alongside the Memorial Cup regardless.

I should be looking at it as a win. Take your positives, lol.

5 hours ago, Heartbreaker said:

I think that puts Game 7 on Saturday, and I'd imagine that's the idea. Too many cups being won on Mondays. 

Love. 

Isn't Saturday a football day in America?  

I think they love Sunday afternoon hockey more.  Have to drink while it's still light out.

16 hours ago, Flyerfan52 said:

Dang! Wide open game but then the Disney script took over again.

WTF is with Reaves becoming a scorer & not getting penalties?

That was a massive cross-check that gave him the room for his goal. Jesus refs, totally a penalty most every other day of the week.

And probably no serious repercussions for Eric Haula after the game (He was given a 5 minute slashing major and a regular misconduct for his actions after the final whistle. Normally a 5 minute slashing major is worth a game misconduct, but for some reason they didn't give him that. Probably because that would be a strike towards a 1 game playoff suspension).

Either way, glad Caps tied it. But how about Tiger (Eller). Montreal has got to be regretting giving him up for 2 second round picks right now. He almost has as many points this playoffs as Pacioretty has in his playoff career.

18 minutes ago, Khrox said:

And probably no serious repercussions for Eric Haula after the game (He was given a 5 minute slashing major and a regular misconduct for his actions after the final whistle. Normally a 5 minute slashing major is worth a game misconduct, but for some reason they didn't give him that. Probably because that would be a strike towards a 1 game playoff suspension).

Either way, glad Caps tied it. But how about Tiger (Eller). Montreal has got to be regretting giving him up for 2 second round picks right now. He almost has as many points this playoffs as Pacioretty has in his playoff career.

A lot of people have been getting on Eller's mistakes.

Me, personally, he's having a great playoffs.

Outside of the obvious Caps, I'll one up you with Oshie.

He's totally fired up, and when he's out there, he is noticeable almost all of the time.

No disrespect to the Golden Misfits, if the game can get racey and out of control tempo, they've got 'er.

It seems the Caps have realized, "If this gets high scoring, we're gonna lose".

See what Game 3 holds.

Excellent hockey.

Archived